Better Call Saul | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Better Call Saul

I would say that if not for her huge outburst at Howard about Jimmy. If she felt any of the slightest that Jimmy was slowly morphing into Saul (to us the viewers) I don't think she goes in there and shoves her foot up Howard's anus

Yup, agreed now. That was my feeling after the first episode though...which was probably at least partially why her outburst on Howard caught me off guard.

So Jimmy nails that interview, then does that? Any theories?

Maybe he suddenly became aware of his capabilities or options, like a seemingly polite or loyal employee who, after winning the lottery, tells his boss to off and packs up and leaves the state.

Maybe he suddenly became aware of his capabilities or options, like a seemingly polite or loyal employee who, after winning the lottery, tells his boss to off and packs up and leaves the state.

I think [no substantiation here] that it was designed to show how FOS Jimmy really is. Although he's being dutiful taking care of Kim, and putting on airs about finding gainful employment, at heart he's really just a shyster who has no intention of seeking to earn an honest living.

So even though he got the job -- he'd rather continue the charade of Kim thinking he's conducting a job search than actually be a copier salesman. He's embracing his inner scam artist.

I was thinking he lost respect for them because of how easily he manipulated them? Might be a bit of
Him being all over the place and not knowing what direction to go in right now.

I was thinking he lost respect for them because of how easily he manipulated them? Might be a bit of
Him being all over the place and not knowing what direction to go in right now.

Yeah, that might be Good Jimmy or Ambitious Jimmy showing. Waiting for Bad Jimmy to appear again, heh.

I think [no substantiation here] that it was designed to show how FOS Jimmy really is. Although he's being dutiful taking care of Kim, and putting on airs about finding gainful employment, at heart he's really just a shyster who has no intention of seeking to earn an honest living.

So even though he got the job -- he'd rather continue the charade of Kim thinking he's conducting a job search than actually be a copier salesman. He's embracing his inner scam artist.
He is going to steal those collectibles he was looking at before the interview.
Remember he checked the value of them on his labtop after sleeping.

He called Mike and is going to have him likely break in and make an easy couple of thousand dollars in his mind.
Jimmy is in slippin’ Jimmy mode right now.

He will get involved with Iganiso though as we know from breaking bad. Jimmy will likely rebrand himself Saul after his suspension is over.

He is going to steal those collectibles he was looking at before the interview.
Remember he checked the value of them on his labtop after sleeping.

He called Mike and is going to have him likely break in and make an easy couple of thousand dollars in his mind.
Jimmy is in slippin’ Jimmy mode right now.

He will get involved with Iganiso though as we know from breaking bad. Jimmy will likely rebrand himself Saul after his suspension is over.

I’m not thinking Mike is going to be interested. He’s making good money. He doesn’t need to take any risks for a few thousand dollars.

Will be interesting to see what happens next with those two though since they are connecting again.

I think the last time was when Saul was spying(horribly) on Gus’ chicken place for Mike.

Good episode, nice to see Gale, Ira and a few other easter eggs from Breaking Bad. Not sure why Kim was breaking down at the end though.

Good episode, nice to see Gale, Ira and a few other easter eggs from Breaking Bad. Not sure why Kim was breaking down at the end though.

I think she has a lot of regret about what went down at HHM. Specifically, how she played a part in the ultimate demise of Chuck through the the Mesa Verde Bank fiasco.

I don’t remember Ira in Breaking Bad at all. I read that he was the owner of Vamanos Pest. I recall Saul saying something to Walt about how he’d been “pulling their chestnuts out of the fire, legally speaking, for years” which made me think we’d see Vamanos Pest in Better Call Saul when I thought about it last year. But I don’t remember actually seeing Ira. I’ll have to rewatch that episode.

I don’t remember Ira in Breaking Bad at all. I read that he was the owner of Vamanos Pest. I recall Saul saying something to Walt about how he’d been “pulling their chestnuts out of the fire, legally speaking, for years” which made me think we’d see Vamanos Pest in Better Call Saul when I thought about it last year. But I don’t remember actually seeing Ira. I’ll have to rewatch that episode.

He was out in front of the house of the people they were bug bombing, Season 5 episode 3

He was out in front of the house of the people they were bug bombing, Season 5 episode 3
Yeah I am sure we will see Danny the Laser Tag Guy that Saul tried to sell walter and Jesse on before the season is over.
I remember Ira as the guy who looked the other way as Walt and Jessie cooked.

That scene with Gale gave me the feels.

So Saul is looking to attract shady customers to the cell phone store. The shot of all the cell phones bringing to mind Saul’s drawer full of cell phones in his office in Breaking Bad, was great.

Mike is struggling with his grief over his son and now Gus has a job for him.

Nacho keeps doing what he has to do to get out, but it doesn’t matter. His facial expressions when he realized the twins were going in right then and there...so good. That actor is legit.

It’s been a slow moving season even by BCS standards, but seems like things are starting to come into place as far as where these characters are heading.

So Saul is looking to attract shady customers to the cell phone store. The shot of all the cell phones bringing to mind Saul’s drawer full of cell phones in his office in Breaking Bad, was great.

Mike is struggling with his grief over his son and now Gus has a job for him.

Nacho keeps doing what he has to do to get out, but it doesn’t matter. His facial expressions when he realized the twins were going in right then and there...so good. That actor is legit.

It’s been a slow moving season even by BCS standards, but seems like things are starting to come into place as far as where these characters are heading.
Jimmy is becoming Saul Goodman.
When he went to pickup his money for the collectibles you saw the In God We Trust sign and that is why he has the statute of Liberty in front of his law office.

Mike the Cleaner showed he is two steps ahead of everyone including Gus. He showed that he knew at the end of last season that Nacho was bugged as he wanted Mike’s help to take care of Salamacha and he told nacho be careful because he knew he was being watched and now he knows it was Gus.

Gus didn’t think Mike knew based on that meeting.

Kim I can’t decide if she is going to become an addict or if she is going to die but her downfall is coming.

The next shoe to drop is Tuco being released from prison likely to take care of his stroke suffering Uncle and him and Gus starting to bang heads.

Gus is going to fill the ABQ vacuum and the Salamachia younger generation is going to take it. I bet with Tuco we will Captain Cook aka Jesse Pinkman.

We will also see Don Lilado this season likely it will involve the downfall of Nacho and we know Jimmy/Saul will be involved in that.

Jimmy is becoming Saul Goodman.
When he went to pickup his money for the collectibles you saw the In God We Trust sign and that is why he has the statute of Liberty in front of his law office.

Mike the Cleaner showed he is two steps ahead of everyone including Gus. He showed that he knew at the end of last season that Nacho was bugged as he wanted Mike’s help to take care of Salamacha and he told nacho be careful because he knew he was being watched and now he knows it was Gus.

Gus didn’t think Mike knew based on that meeting.

Kim I can’t decide if she is going to become an addict or if she is going to die but her downfall is coming.

The next shoe to drop is Tuco being released from prison likely to take care of his stroke suffering Uncle and him and Gus starting to bang heads.

Gus is going to fill the ABQ vacuum and the Salamachia younger generation is going to take it. I bet with Tuco we will Captain Cook aka Jesse Pinkman.

We will also see Don Lilado this season likely it will involve the downfall of Nacho and we know Jimmy/Saul will be involved in that.

It really is a cool [and somewhat unique] concept, to have a show like this where we already know how things eventually tragically turn out for several of the principal characters that viewers are ALREADY heavily invested in, and now we're watching events unfold that lead them to where things progress past the point of no return.

Enjoying this season immensely, despite the pace.

As spin offs go, this show is terrific. Cast is really top notch.

It really is a cool [and somewhat unique] concept, to have a show like this where we already know how things eventually tragically turn out for several of the principal characters that viewers are ALREADY heavily invested in, and now we're watching events unfold that lead them to where things progress past the point of no return.

Enjoying this season immensely, despite the pace.

As spin offs go, this show is terrific. Cast is really top notch.

Agreed.

And I love the way they’ve handled the Breaking Bad “Easter eggs”. There’s a ton of them, especially now as the time progresses to the Breaking Bad time period, but they never feel forced or pointless. These writers are so good at pulling everything together.

Agreed.

And I love the way they’ve handled the Breaking Bad “Easter eggs”. There’s a ton of them, especially now as the time progresses to the Breaking Bad time period, but they never feel forced or pointless. These writers are so good at pulling everything together.

When this series got announced, I wasn't that interested. I thought that Breaking Bad was great, and I figured that the "universe" of the show had nowhere to go but down. Plus, how could Saul carry a show?

When I heard that it was going to be in the past, about Jimmy's history, I didn't think the concept was that compelling.

Which is why I let the first season DVR, and didn't even watch until the show was 8 or 9 episodes in. I just wasn't that interested in getting started. Finally, when my wife was out of town and I had a quiet night with no plans, I begrudgingly watched the first episode, thinking that I'd just delete them all if I didn't like it. My initial reaction was: the easter eggs [Tuco factored heavily into the first episode or two] were going to be too over the top.

Then I watched the second episode. Then the third.

I ended up binge watching it over two days, and then I was happy that I let them build up in my DVR so I could watch the majority of the season all at once. Each season has been better than the last, frankly, in no small part due to the terrific performances of the cast. Michael McKeon brought a lot of depth to Jimmy's brother, and all of the HHR cast [despite not being part of the original show] really round out Jimmy's transformation from an eager-to-please younger brother trying to do the right thing to Saul.

Although we know that the story is finite, it will be interesting to see how they connect it all back to his future as the Cinnabon manager. I have a feeling that like Mike in BB, Jimmy has a reckoning coming.

Does anyone know if Better Call Saul will continue through the events of Breaking Bad and after (i.e. to Omaha)?

I thought I recall seeing Jimmy leave the hospital in Omaha afraid he was being followed or watched. This made me wonder if they're going to bridge the timeline from before, during and after Breaking Bad.

So i rewatched this week’s episode again and I think I know Kim’s downfall IMO.

She will get assigned a case that judge who will be pissed at her for defiance and my guess it will involve the cartel or Todd’s uncle crew and she will screw it up or lose it because the judge is pissed at her and it will start her downfall.

So i rewatched this week’s episode again and I think I know Kim’s downfall IMO.

She will get assigned a case that judge who will be pissed at her for defiance and my guess it will involve the cartel or Todd’s uncle crew and she will screw it up or lose it because the judge is pissed at her and it will start her downfall.
Interesting. I wonder if things get so intense Saul is forced to seek out the services of Best Quality Vacuum Repair.

Kind of surprised Slippin' Jimmy was brought down by punk teens. From his past he should have recognized the situation.

Also who's card did Saul give Fransesca in the beginning, Howard's?

Also who's card did Saul give Fransesca in the beginning, Howard's?

Good question. I read that he said “tell ‘em Jimmy sent you”. As in that was in the script. It was hard to tell if he said “tell him” or “tell em”. “Tell em” leaves open the possibility it could be Kim.

Kim or Howard would be the obvious main possibilities at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom