Big East issues statement that it blew the X point call- | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big East issues statement that it blew the X point call-

So ... a "universe altering event" happened with 2:08 left in the game, but the universe went on as if nothing happened.

Someone didn't watch Back To The Future.

I can't believe this persistent senseless banner. I want the other drives back for SU who should have scored touchdowns on the blatant no-call pass interference on lemon and personal foul on Bailey where the defensive player should have been rejected.

This is for you fanfanclubclub since you don't understand

Bees, calm down. We scored less than our opponents did during regulation. Hold off the ad hominem attacks, saying that people who disagree with you are "stupid. . . idiots . . . that don't understand football" ought to embarrass any respectable moderator.

The game ended up tied after a series of no-calls, so let's examine THIS WHAT-IF GAME.

-1 on extra point for SU, -6 for the two no-call penalties. +14 for two TDs. Final Score 37-30.

OMG, THE WHAT-IF GAME ENDS IN SU VICTORY ANYWAY 37-30. And regulation ended in a tie, those are the facts.

Why the insistence on this pandering rhetoric, as if you whine enough that your right, Toledo will win. My newborn son summarizes your behavior nicely... "whaia, whaia, whaia, whaia" ;)

It is pretty embarrassing how this has been handled by the Big East officiating powers that be.

It is quite possible that the XP was missed, and that the replay officials blew the call despite having multiple camera angles and the benefit of slow motion.

Then, in their zeal to condemn the botched call post-game, they claim in the press release that: "In reviewing the video, we have determined that the angle from behind the kicking team shows conclusively that the ball passes outside the right upright."

...when obviously it was the left goalpost in question. Pretty embarrassing public statement on the subject.
Wow, good catch... That's without question a major gaff.. Show's how much the BE rushed that statement.

Does anyone know which conference the officials were from?
They made lots of bad calls, on each team.

Well, I'm pretty sure the head ref was from Greenbow, AlaBAMA!

No, SWC isn't stupid, he asked a question. He didn't say we lost. The stupid ones are the ones that say we lost.

I'll take 'em anyway we can get 'em. And I agree that Lemon catches that ball in the end zone if he doesn't get bumped first and the ref was right there. Those refs were terrible and hurt both teams. I do think that we would "aggessively" try to stop a field goal whether we were up 2 or 3.

No, SWC isn't stupid, he asked a question. He didn't say we lost. The stupid ones are the ones that say we lost.

SWC didn't ask a question, he pointed out that your logic was wrong.

Watch how stupid some fans will be now (a few of ours and many others of opposing teams). They will say Toledo should have won 30-29. But, even without the extra point, we go up 29-27. How does anyone know if only ahead 2 instead of 3, that SU would have made the exact same defensive calls every single play and maybe Toledo doesn't even call every play the same. Coaches do a lot of things differently based on a 1-2 pt lead or 3 point lead or 4+ pt lead. But the idiots that don't understand football will say SU should have lost. I know of one fan-base for sure that will say that.

I don't see what difference it makes. They needed a field goal to win or to tie it and tkae it to overtime.

Your post accused certain "stupid . . .idiots . . .that don't understand football" of not understanding that "coaches do a lot of things differently based on a 1-2 point lead or a 3 point lead."

Then SWC explained that, in this instance, your logic doesn't apply, because the Toledo coach had the exact same goal of playing for a field goal either way. Therefore, there is no reason to think that the Toledo coach would have played any differently. Following SWC's logic to its conclusion, if the score made no "difference," and they would have been going for a "field goal to win or to tie it" either way, then there is no reason to imagine what might have happened in some alternative universe.

SWC was directly contradicting your logic, and pointing out that the score didn't make a difference. Since it didn't make a difference, it wouldn't have changed the outcome. The outcome was that Syracuse earned fewer points in regulation than our opponent, although for some incorrect and crazy reason, an official gave us a point we didn't earn.

There really isn't any reason for a moderator to be using goofy ad hominem attacks like that, especially when you have to back off the attacks immediately once one of your buddy posters agreed with me, and disagreed with you, that a 2 point lead would have made a difference.

The Big East played their cards very well. They didn't overturn the call on the field (Oops!) because the BE needs every OOC win it can get to stay respectable and retain BCS. Yet, it had no problem coming clean afterward to dis-credit the win.

It scares me to think SU is going to be fighting an uphill battle with officiating throughout the conference season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom