Big turnout by the students today | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big turnout by the students today

LOL, best seats in the house.

This is great, keep the posts coming.
So in your opinion...1st level seating behind the basket for bball, and 1st level seating which is a high donor level area in the rest of the Dome for football ARE NOT some of the best seats in the house?

LOL, best seats in the house.

This is great, keep the posts coming.
Oh i get it.. You are the guy that provides absolutely NO argument to back anything you say up...yet you goad others ad nauseam just to be a naysayer. Fun times.

Macky44 said:
What's mind boggling is that YOU don't understand that they are given premium seats and don't deserve them. End of story. If you would like to attempt to defend where they sit i would LOVE to hear that discussion. Noone thinks the students are going to magically give a damn about the program. Just get them the heck out of the best seats in the house.

The students absolutely turn out for basketball. In 2003 the student section was only the lower level. Now they fill up both levels for games. And they're loud.

Oh i get it.. You are the guy that provides absolutely NO argument to back anything you say up...yet you goad others ad nauseam just to be a naysayer. Fun times.

Damn, you're onto me. You've learned a lot already considering you've been here for 2 weeks.

So in your opinion...1st level seating behind the basket for bball, and 1st level seating which is a high donor level area in the rest of the Dome for football ARE NOT some of the best seats in the house?

"Some of the best seats in the house". No. I can think of a very large portion of the dome for football that are better seats. And for basketball? PLENTY of better seats. Personally, I prefer to be higher up to watch the entire court and plays develop and actually chose the third level for big games precisely for this reason.

The complaint is that student is attendance is bad (for football, NOT basketball). Solution? Move them to worse seats. Hilarious.

Are the seats the students sit in for football by "high level donor" areas? Never understood how seating pricing works.

Are the seats the students sit in for football by "high level donor" areas? Never understood how seating pricing works.
Starts at the 30 yard line and wraps around to the marching band. So yes a portion of it is in high ticket price area.

The students absolutely turn out for basketball. In 2003 the student section was only the lower level. Now they fill up both levels for games. And they're loud.
They show up for conference games. Saw maybe 20 students at the exhibition games and we wont see more than the first 20 rows filled for non conference. Honestly though...i guess im over the discussion. It's never going to change so why waste the energy. I'll just keep going to every game and support the team the best way i know how and stop worrying about the non-fans.

I cant agree with this. Maybe in 2002-2003 they were better but that was 12 yrs ago. The student turnout for hoops is generally poor except for the big games. How many times do you see that upper deck section next to the student section move over because no students are in the upper deck section. I will give credit to the students who come, they are loud and give the dome energy.

As for football, we had more students go to games at Ithaca than SU does.

Once again, it's great that SyracuseFan.com has people devoted to aggressively telling others how to spend their time and money.

Our fair city sleeps well knowing you are out there, watching over us.

Scooch... i generally enjoy all of your posts. This IS a board about Syracuse Athletics though. Its a discussion.

BomberOrange said:
I cant agree with this. Maybe in 2002-2003 they were better but that was 12 yrs ago. The student turnout for hoops is generally poor except for the big games. How many times do you see that upper deck section next to the student section move over because no students are in the upper deck section. I will give credit to the students who come, they are loud and give the dome energy.

As for football, we had more students go to games at Ithaca than SU does.

What is the size of our student section in basketball compared to virtually all other schools? Even just filling the lower level is a lot of seats. The fact that we can fill up both sections 4-5 times a year is pretty awesome. That's probably 20% of the whole undergraduate student body at the games.

They show up for conference games. Saw maybe 20 students at the exhibition games and we wont see more than the first 20 rows filled for non conference. Honestly though...i guess im over the discussion. It's never going to change so why waste the energy. I'll just keep going to every game and support the team the best way i know how and stop worrying about the non-fans.
Tell me the schools that do better for exhibition games. Because you've definitely seen so many other school's exhibition games.

Scooch... i generally enjoy all of your posts. This IS a board about Syracuse Athletics though. Its a discussion.
As a post a few weeks ago said, there have been 93 schools that have been ranked in football since Syracuse football has. Honestly it's impressive that attendance at the football games is as high as it is.

Tell me the schools that do better for exhibition games. Because you've definitely seen so many other school's exhibition games.

Any legitimate program has students show up for exhibition games. I guess the difference between programs like Syracuse, Louisville and Kentucky is that we don't need students to show up at all and we still have a great fanbase. It would just be nice if the students tried a little harder.

they did not.
Seriously? You think the students did not turn our for the Nova game? Interesting because they were sending students up to the overflow sections in the 3rd level.

They never showed up in that volume again, but they absolutely came out to the game in very good numbers.

Last edited:
Any legitimate program has students show up for exhibition games. I guess the difference between programs like Syracuse, Louisville and Kentucky is that we don't need students to show up at all and we still have a great fanbase. It would just be nice if the students tried a little harder.
Could you show me some numbers? And those are much bigger schools than Syracuse, so much more students.

Seriously? You think the students did not turn our for the Nova game? Interesting because they were sending students up to the overflow sections in the 3rd level.

They never showed up in that volume again, but they absolutely came out to the game in very good numbers.

That's actually very interesting. I wonder if the school was running some promotion for the season opener for the students.

UB has a more active student fan base.

That's awfully pathetic.

That's actually very interesting. I wonder if the school was running some promotion for the season opener for the students.
Freshmen were allowed in free, 7:30 PM start, hadn't seen team lose yet/excitement for new season

Macky44 said:

How about giving credit to the 1000+ students that showed up for the soccer game on Sunday against Duke and that have been packing the hill for games all season?

They'll show up for something worth showing up to. They'll show up when it might be fun. Watching this s***show of a team isn't fun. There's virtually no entertainment value in watching moronic coaching decisions to go along with an offense that is so bad I can't think of an apt descriptor. Incompetent comes close but is too generous.

Freshmen were allowed in free, 7:30 PM start, hadn't seen team lose yet/excitement for new season

The key part of your post is the Freshmen getting in free, no wonder they overflowed the first game. That is definitely a big asterisk.

The key part of your post is the Freshmen getting in free, no wonder they overflowed the first game. That is definitely a big asterisk.
They've had free tickets for freshmen other games and there haven't been huge student crowds (i.e. Tulane last year) so that's not the sole reason, but it definitely plays a part.

NKR1978 said:
How about giving credit to the 1000+ students that showed up for the soccer game on Sunday against Duke and that have been packing the hill for games all season? They'll show up for something worth showing up to. They'll show up when it might be fun. Watching this s***show of a team isn't fun. There's virtually no entertainment value in watching moronic coaching decisions to go along with an offense that is so bad I can't think of an apt descriptor. Incompetent comes close but is too generous.

Amen.

Hell, I haven't watched the majority of our last few games on *TV*. If I had to haul my hungover, 19 year old ass to the Dome to see this train wreck, I'd probably skip it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom