Big turnout by the students today | Syracusefan.com

Big turnout by the students today

They suck. They did not show up at all for the Carleton exhibition hoops game either. Very few actual sports fans at the school it seems. Just a bunch of dorks who have to feel like they're part of a big event to be bothered to walk to the Dome.

They suck. They did not show up at all for the Carleton exhibition hoops game either. Very few actual sports fans at the school it seems. Just a bunch of dorks who have to feel like they're part of a big event to be bothered to walk to the Dome.
They may suck but they don't suck because they didn't go to an exhibition game or to a football game in which the team itself hasn't bothered to show up all season.

longislandcuse said:
They may suck but they don't suck because they didn't go to an exhibition game or to a football game in which the team itself hasn't bothered to show up all season.

They dont go to the football games because in their lifetime we have been a basketball power. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Not sure why people get upset when students dont show for football

Disagree. A basketball power the stature of Syracuse should have a good amount of students there for every game, exhibitions included. Of course an exhibition will draw a smaller crowd, but the rest of the crowd had a respectable showing given that it was an exhibition. Other than the band and the cheerleaders, I'm not sure there were any students over there.

And I don't think they haven't shown up for more than 2 quarters all football season.

They are probably studying so they can earn that degree that is worth the millions of dollars the school is making off the athletes that I've been informed is fair compensation.

An exhibition during 1 p NFL games...

A lot of Syracuse basketball fans were there. I'm sure they all like football too.

No excuses for our students. It's always something. Something on TV, bad wifi in the Dome so they can't show everybody where they are, no Xbox's in the Dome ,too warm, too cold, too windy,too nice outside, not nice enough outside, too early, too late, etc.

They suck. I bet Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona students show up for exhibitions and "cupcake" regular season games better than that.

OrangeDW said:
A lot of Syracuse basketball fans were there. I'm sure they all like football too.

No excuses for our students. It's always something. Something on TV, bad wifi in the Dome so they can't show everybody where they are, no Xbox's in the Dome ,too warm, too cold, too windy,too nice outside, not nice enough outside, too early, too late, etc.

They suck. I bet Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona students show up for exhibitions and "cupcake" regular season games better than that.

We used to show up for exhibition games when I was a student. Then again, we were at the football games too, and prior to the team coming on the field.

We have a great student section for basketball games. I'm not going to criticize anyone for not showing up to the Scott Shafer Show.

We should be in the AAC with our administration's pathetic lack of commitment to football. Darryl Gross deserves a statue for somehow convincing the ACC that we care about football.

Students should not have to pay. With the huge expense to attend SU they should at least be able to go to games for free.

Are you kidding me with this. What an uneducated comment. This team is playing hard.

Really surprised it took this long into the season for someone to complain about the students. I mean, it's as if their sole objective should be to attend any and all games and ignore the fact that they're at the school to earn a degree.

Are you kidding me with this. What an uneducated comment. This team is playing hard.

I'm so sick of the freaking student attendance posts.

It's about entertainment. Do you consider our team entertaining?

Remember, we are talking about students, not fans that are so interested in the program they post on a syracuse sports forum.

We've done nothing at home this year. Our team isn't fun to watch. Our students have better things to do. Who gives a f? It is what it is. And it isn't hard to understand...and yet, we see these posts every week. It's a joke.

It's the #1 party school. Students were up late last night. They can't wake up for a noon game.

Damn students.

I cant believe that double OT win against Villanova on a TD pass by our punter as our only home win can't get students to the game.

Pathetic.

Maybe we'd get better players if we had a student fanbase that cared.

I knew this was going to be your post before I even read it.

You're confused and have it backwards.

Once again, blaming the students is laughable.

OrangeDW said:

We are not a football school. I cant stress that enough. Those who dont believe this are fooling themselves

I knew this was going to be your post before I even read it.

You're confused and have it backwards.

Once again, blaming the students is laughable.

Word for word, but directed the other way around.

The rest of the fans show up at a much better clip than those who actually go to the school and live minutes from the Dome. Good thing. If the non-students showed up at the same rate as the students, we'd have a couple thousand people at all these games.

Word for word, but directed the other way around.

The rest of the fans show up at a much better clip than those who actually go to the school and live minutes from the Dome. Good thing. If the non-students showed up at the same rate as the students, we'd have a couple thousand people at all these games.

You mean the people who likely have lived around the area for many years and grown to relate to the football program show up iwith friends/family moreso than the students who likely didn't know a single thing or care about the Syracuse football team before they went to school? (exception being those like me, a student from the area who had been going to games for years, and blackknight/bnoro, guys who are football fans from out of the area)

You don't get it.

You mean the people who likely have lived around the area for many years and grown to relate to the football program show up iwith friends/family moreso than the students who likely didn't know a single thing or care about the Syracuse football team before they went to school? (exception being those like me, a student from the area who had been going to games for years, and blackknight/bnoro, guys who are football fans from out of the area)

You don't get it.

There's a lot of schools out there, not all of them giant state schools with a student body that grew up dreaming of going there, that don't have this much of a problem.

And it is a problem. D-3 level turnout today and most of the year from the students. Needs to be fixed. Just because it sucked when you were a student too doesn't mean that it's ok and that's the way it has to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom