Biggest home sporting event in Syracuse history | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest home sporting event in Syracuse history

Has to be the Sugar Ray Leonard fight!!!

Just kidding of course, but still got the program!
I was there for that one. I had a ticket in section 102. It turns out that there were duplicate tickets. I was by myself so they moved me to the floor. 8 rows from the ring. Great spot, but those folding wooden chairs were very uncomfortable.

If we lose I'll probably just go on a bender.

First FB game was actually the first event. It was a 80 degree day in Sept and it was a sauna, literally inside. The opponent, Miami Ohio, look some of the luster of it, but Joe Morris did run the opening kickoff back for a TD. Awesome way to christen it.
I went to the second and third Dome Hoops games the Carrier Classic games. The Maryland game felt like a huge deal as they had Albert King (Olympic Team that didn't go), Buck Williams and Greg Manning. They were a big deal and we lost by 20.
Not to nit pick, but I don't think it was the OPENING kickoff. It was after one of Miami (OH) scores, IIRC But is WAS crazy loud and sweltering.

Go on one? I'll already be in the throes of one by tip off.

I'm trying to lay off the alcohol more this semester so I can get back into great shape. By no means am I done with it, just toning it down.

I'm confused.

Seems like most on here are answering the question they wish had been asked.

Which question are we answering?

Is it the game or games with the greatest amount of anticipation and excitement before hand?

If so, IMO, Nebraska in 1984, wouldn't qualify. I think most people who went to that game were prepared for an SU loss.

That wouldn't be the first game. I think the mood of that crowd was "Curiosity". Most had no idea what to expect.

I'd say this year's Duke BB game might have the greatest pre-game excitement. But McNabb's final game against VT in the Dome might be in the running as well as any number of Big East "Big" games versus GU or UConn or even Villanova..

If the question is what was the most unbelievable game, than the answer could easily be Nebraska 1984. When Siano caught that pass, I was absolutely stunned. The previous year at Nebraska they had torn us a new #@%$&*%. This was a huge upset.

And they even bowed to tradition and carried over the Archbold pee-troughs to the Dome. Though they upgraded from porcelain to polished stainless.

About the "Troughs".

Maybe its just me, but I want the most efficient system in these lavatories they can possible have. What I want is maximum throughput which means we spend less time in line and less time in the men's room. If that means "troughs" then I am for them even if it means a slightly more odiferous and less private experience.

I wonder if those that are so affected by these troughs have ever enjoyed the lack of privacy one experiences in a barracks latrine (a.k.a a Head) during the few minutes 70 guys are given to clear their systems. Or the joy of a field latrine after a few rainy days.

Troughs aren't so bad.

Not to nit pick, but I don't think it was the OPENING kickoff. It was after one of Miami (OH) scores, IIRC But is WAS crazy loud and sweltering.
See what the fog of time does to one. This board blows away this fog. I went 30 years saying Stewart Granger beat us with a putback layup at the 82 BET vs BC. The board corrected me point out it was really Dwan Chandler with a short j.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom