BJ getting pulled after a minute | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

BJ getting pulled after a minute

Then you haven't watched in the last couple years. When BMK was hurt, Rak stepped up and played really well. JB has had a bug up his butt for Rak all along. The kid was ALWAYS looking over his shoulder. Then he'd make a mistake and beanpole with mittens for hands would come in. I don't mean to be that harsh about BMK but he shouldn't have even run down the court to play on the offensive end. This is the Rak we would have had last year if JB allowed it to happen naturally.
Or maybe Rak is now a better player because he wanted more time and worked harder & got better to earn it.

Or maybe Rak is now a better player because he wanted more time and worked harder & got better to earn it.
You know what, you're right. We just don't recruit good enough to have a deep bench. That's gotta be it.

You know what, you're right. We just don't recruit good enough to have a deep bench. That's gotta be it.
LOL...funny. We have two former starters injured. I think that may have a little to do with our bench talent.

But I get your overall message, "I'm right and the guy in the Hall of Fame is wrong." Tough to argue with you on that.

LOL...funny. We have two former starters injured. I think that may have a little to do with our bench talent.

But I get your overall message, "I'm right and the guy in the Hall of Fame is wrong." Tough to argue with you on that.
That's what I was waiting for. The "He's in the HOF and infallible," argument. Look at our history. How many years have we had when there weren't significant injuries where JB has given significant minutes to more than 7 guys? Very few.

That's what I was waiting for. The "He's in the HOF and infallible," argument. Look at our history. How many years have we had when there weren't significant injuries where JB has given significant minutes to more than 7 guys? Very few.

Actually, the hall of famer said it himself and agrees with you and me!

Thanks for posting SWC.
Couple of things I noted, did JB really say "Tyler has played very good basketball and we’re happy with how he’s played. It’s hard when you play only a few minutes of the time. Now he knows he’s going to be in there no matter what and can relax and just play."
Isn't that what everyone here who argues against JB's quick hook substitution philosophy basis there argument on? This year's examples being Roberson early and BJ more recently.

I was waiting for this type of response. The old "How dare you play the HOF card with me?" response. Expected.

I used to be more critical of Boeheim than I am now. It's like Bob Dylan said, "I was so much older then, I'm younger then that now."

Wow...if Boeheim agrees with you two so much, why all the complaints?

Why you saying that's not how he treats these guys?

I now have only one complaint. If JB even knows this, why can't he stop himself from f-ing with these kids?

Why you saying that's not how he treats these guys?

I now have only one complaint. If JB even knows this, why can't he stop himself from f-ing with these kids?
I think he disagrees with you on who should play a lot.

How many years have we had when there weren't significant injuries where JB has given significant minutes to more than 7 guys? Very few.

Last year there were 8 guys who averaged 13 or more minutes. The year before 9 guys averaged over 11 minutes per game. The year before that 10 guys played significant minutes though MCW was the 10th and you may say he didn't get a lot.

okay, I'm done with this thread. Clearly there are two camps in this fandom. no one is changing camps. No further discussion needed.

Completely wrong. Rak didn't always have the "want to" or "want it". Kudos to him for becoming the best he can be.

I'm going to keep deferring to JB on this one:

"Rakeem isn’t coming – he’s there. He could have gotten there last year but the focus was on the guards and forwards. We had more options then.” - JB

We could have had some of this last year, and probably a bit his Sophomore year. I do think the "want" applies to his Frosh year where he did seem to float at times and lacked hustle (and BMK did "earn" a lot of his minutes by sheer hustle alone), and early in his Sophomore year he was a bit lackadaisical on the court as well. For the last 2/3 of his Sophomore year on though I thought he showed effort - a lot of it. We just never tried to get the ball in and BMK was always looming in the event that Rak attempted a shot and missed or picked up a foul. (Slight exaggeration)

JB felt running an ISO offense for CJ Fair, and having Cooney running around like a chicken with his head cut off was going to be our best offense last year. We never deviated. No clue why. It didn't particularly help Cooney as the season wore on, and CJ was never an ISO player.

rrlbees said:
Completely wrong. Rak didn't always have the "want to" or "want it". Kudos to him for becoming the best he can be.

Did he "want" or "want it" becoming a top front court recruit in the whole country? What about becoming a MCAA? Guess he wanted it back then and turned it off until the beginning of this year.

If JB has the miracle touch when having conversations and turns Rak around this much it's crazy he hadn't been able to use those magical works to get BJ and Chinoso to the point where they can play more than 30 seconds.

It's absurd and I think very disrespectful to Rak saying he didn't "want it" for three years. Go tell him he didn't "want it" when he was busting his butt the past three years in practice, games, and workouts.

Ghost said:
I'm going to keep deferring to JB on this one: "Rakeem isn’t coming – he’s there. He could have gotten there last year but the focus was on the guards and forwards. We had more options then.” - JB We could have had some of this last year, and probably a bit his Sophomore year. I do think the "want" applies to his Frosh year where he did seem to float at times and lacked hustle (and BMK did "earn" a lot of his minutes by sheer hustle alone), and early in his Sophomore year he was a bit lackadaisical on the court as well. For the last 2/3 of his Sophomore year on though I thought he showed effort - a lot of it. We just never tried to get the ball in and BMK was always looming in the event that Rak attempted a shot and missed or picked up a foul. (Slight exaggeration) JB felt running an ISO offense for CJ Fair, and having Cooney running around like a chicken with his head cut off was going to be our best offense last year. We never deviated. No clue why. It didn't particularly help Cooney as the season wore on, and CJ was never an ISO player.

Public words.

two3zone said:
Did he "want" or "want it" becoming a top front court recruit in the whole country? What about becoming a MCAA? Guess he wanted it back then and turned it off until the beginning of this year. If JB has the miracle touch when having conversations and turns Rak around this much it's crazy he hadn't been able to use those magical works to get BJ and Chinoso to the point where they can play more than 30 seconds. It's absurd and I think very disrespectful to Rak saying he didn't "want it" for three years. Go tell him he didn't "want it" when he was busting his butt the past three years in practice, games, and workouts.

I don't need to tell him. He knows. The coaches told him.

rrlbees said:
I don't need to tell him. He knows. The coaches told him.

Did he "want" or "want it" becoming a top front court recruit in the whole country? What about becoming a MCAA?

two3zone said:
Did he "want" or "want it" becoming a top front court recruit in the whole country? What about becoming a MCAA?

That's HS where he averaged 10ppg. Whole different game.

rrlbees said:
That's HS where he averaged 10ppg. Whole different game.

Did he want it? Sounds to me that he evevated his game from never playing it before to being one of the top high school players in the county. That's pretty impressive for somebody who just started playing basketball who didn't "want it".

In ACC play we have the #1, #3, and #7 players as far as minutes played per game; ND has #2, #4, and #10.

ND is #8 in the country.

You play the players that give you the best chance to win. A bench is great, but if you don't have the horses who can contribute positively, you're only hurting your chances to win.

two3zone said:
Did he want it? Sounds to me that he evevated his game from never playing it before to being one of the top high school players in the county. That's pretty impressive for somebody who just started playing basketball who didn't "want it".

Next time you're at a DD having breakfast with a coach, let me know.

rrlbees said:
Next time you're at a DD having breakfast with a coach, let me know.

I'm asking you a legit question, did he "want it" when he rose from never playing basketball before to a top recruit and mcdonalds all American in just a couple of years?

two3zone said:
I'm asking you a legit question, did he "want it" when he rose from never playing basketball before to a top recruit and mcdonalds all American in just a couple of years?

Athletic ability and potential can take you a long way but doesn't get you over every hump. You do realize he was know in HS as a defensive force, not for his offensive which has been where the great transformation is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom