BJ Johnson | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

You can't tell that BJ was not serious about that. He carries a 3.5plus in the classroom. Not having it!
I was making a joke knowing you would see it. ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully they don't blow them out too quickly and he can play long enough to get more than 11 points.

I think after the last game that the consensus is to get the starters and the key bench guys ready as they come down the stretch of the regular season. I JUST WANT THEM TO BEAT THE HELL OUT SOMEONE IN THESE GAMES! TO HELL WITH BEING NICE!!

maybe the James Southerland comparisons are true?

BJ Johnson@Ace__5
This studying thing not for me

Lol - if I was on twitter when I was at SU this would have been the comment every night. Along with a lot of other non studious things the night before tests/finals etc.

Lol - if I was on twitter when I was at SU this would have been the comment every night. Along with a lot of other non studious things the night before tests/finals etc.

Right, I definitely agree. I remember those days and situations all too well.;)

I think after the last game that the consensus is to get the starters and the key bench guys ready as they come down the stretch of the regular season. I JUST WANT THEM TO BEAT THE HELL OUT SOMEONE IN THESE GAMES! TO HELL WITH BEING NICE!!

Thanks for your contributions to the board. You add a perspective that is unique to pretty much every other poster. Couple questions that I'm really curious and interested to see your answer to.

1)Do you see any young prospects coming up from Team Final or Philly that you think would be a good fit for SU, both ones that may be under the radar or some "big name" guys? I know we've been involved to a degree with Newton and Tyus Battle (who I'm really looking forward to see over the years and hope we can get).

2) I know the connection is well documented and theres plenty of articles and columns about Syracuse's reputation in Philly, but sometimes writers take liberties to make a story. In your experience being a big hoops guy in Philly, being associated with Team Final, and having a son be a big recruit, what would you say is the reputation image perception however its best described of su basketball with people and kids in Philly?

I have to say BJ is going to be one of my favorite players...I love the potential he has. The fact that he has a good jump shot down I love that. This will be a kid that the program and fans will grow to love.

BJ led the Aces to a 60-40 win over league foe Conestoga with 14pts, 8rebs, 4ast, 3stls. He scored his 1000th point on a mid range jumper in the third period. Including his NJ West Hampton Tech totals for his froshmen season (116) and LM 1003= a grand total of 1119 and counting. Glad that's over.

Congrats to BJ on 1000!
Nice to see that he has many of these well rounded games too, with the defense and rebounding.

Thanks for your contributions to the board. You add a perspective that is unique to pretty much every other poster. Couple questions that I'm really curious and interested to see your answer to.

1)Do you see any young prospects coming up from Team Final or Philly that you think would be a good fit for SU, both ones that may be under the radar or some "big name" guys? I know we've been involved to a degree with Newton and Tyus Battle (who I'm really looking forward to see over the years and hope we can get).

2) I know the connection is well documented and theres plenty of articles and columns about Syracuse's reputation in Philly, but sometimes writers take liberties to make a story. In your experience being a big hoops guy in Philly, being associated with Team Final, and having a son be a big recruit, what would you say is the reputation image perception however its best described of su basketball with people and kids in Philly?

There is a lot of talent in the area at this point and especially with TF and some of the other AAU teams but I am not familiar with alot of the names or the players as I concentrate on BJ and his developement at this time. However, I do like Kimble, Newton of Neuman and Battle all of TF. I do not go to watch other schools play at this time. I do believe that SU's recruitment of Philly players something that they have had success with in the past and I think it would continue because the coaches do a great job of getting players for their system.

Congrats to BJ on 1000!
Nice to see that he has many of these well rounded games too, with the defense and rebounding.

Thanks tee, Even though the opposing team stop the game when he scored his 1000th pt. they did not announce it at all so it looked as if it was just a timeout being called. s! The league hates LM and has for a long time. His accomplishment will be honored at the pregame on Friday night against Harriton. I blame Kobe and BJ.:rolling:

There is a lot of talent in the area at this point and especially with TF and some of the other AAU teams but I am not familiar with alot of the names or the players as I concentrate on BJ and his developement at this time. However, I do like Kimble, Newton of Neuman and Battle all of TF. I do not go to watch other schools play at this time. I do believe that SU's recruitment of Philly players something that they have had success with in the past and I think it would continue because the coaches do a great job of getting players for their system.

Thanks I appreciate it. Don't blame you not catching many other games, if I had a kid playing at the level BJ has been I'd do the exact same thing. Good for you and your family and congratulations on what seems like a great senior year so far. It seems you and BJ have a great relationship and as so many have already said I'm looking forward to seeing BJ play and develop up here on the hill. It's got to be a great feeling to see your son accomplish so much and still have so much potential and opportunity ahead of him. I'm glad it seems your family is embracing and enjoying the moments. Best of luck

Congrats to BJ on 1000!

We believe that BJ could be that type of all around player along with his scoring ability in the future.

Now your starting to sound like a longtime SU fan :).. Was wondering, I seem to remember you mentioning something about BJ defending a player and then you said he defends in the zone also. How much zone does LM play? What I'm getting at is how well do you think BJ will adapt to JB's 2-3 zone since that will probably be the single most important thing that will determine exactly how much PT he will get..

Now your starting to sound like a longtime SU fan :).. Was wondering, I seem to remember you mentioning something about BJ defending a player and then you said he defends in the zone also. How much zone does LM play? What I'm getting at is how well do you think BJ will adapt to JB's 2-3 zone since that will probably be the single most important thing that will determine exactly how much PT he will get..

They play an assortment of defenses during the game. He is very active and gets his hand on the ball and deflections with his size. He plays on the point of the zone presses, half court zones at the top and wings.

They play an assortment of defenses during the game. He is very active and gets his hand on the ball and deflections with his size. He plays on the point of the zone presses, half court zones at the top and wings.

Sounds great, we all are pretty anxious as we wait for BJ to get here and show us what he can do.. I thing we are all starting to realize Boeheim may have picked another diamond in the rough. Good luck with the rest of the season!

After the game tonight I asked BJ what was wrong during the game? He said to me,"I was mad that we gave up a thirty point lead and let the other team score 20pts in the 3rd qtr." He did not care about scoring his 1000th pt. The kid wants to play well and as a team and more importantly WIN!!! I told him to make sure that he does all that he can on the floor to insure that the result that he is looking for is attained. He is pissed off Man.:mad:

After the game tonight I asked BJ what was wrong during the game? He said to me,"I was mad that we gave up a thirty point lead and let the other team score 20pts in the 3rd qtr." He did not care about scoring his 1000th pt. The kid wants to play well and as a team and more importantly WIN!!! I told him to make sure that he does all that he can on the floor to insure that the result that he is looking for is attained. He is pissed off Man.:mad:
That's amazing. He is going to look so great in Orange. Definitely not the redshirt candidate that some are assuming he is likely to be. Kids who work this hard, hustle, and bust their ass every game don't red shirt

That's amazing. He is going to look so great in Orange. Definitely not the redshirt candidate that some are assuming he is likely to be. Kids who work this hard, hustle, and bust their ass every game don't red shirt

Not according to JB and his coaching staff. He knows that he has to keep on keeping on to be great in any situation.

Just for kicks-At a time in the game, the opposing team brought a player in the game tonight to try an get to BJ by pushing an shoving. Of course they let the kid get away with the first shot and then BJ gave him a shot in which both were called for a technical foul. A guy comes to me in the stands and introduces himself as Mr. Viviano, a Holy Cross player whom I played against in the MAAC in college. If someone would have given me a Million Dollars if I could recognize him initally, I would have not gotten that $$. I began to think how we used to kick their ass on a yearly basis and how I would score at will on them. I was glowing at this time. We shared a L-Train of course in which he was assigned to Train in a game in which Train had like a quadruple double. Back then we own the MAAC and beat some really good top ranked teams. He was quoted as saying tonight, "if we had a big man in the middle that we would have had great chance to make the final four and/or win the Chip. But to our luck that was not the case. But it was great being recognize and seeing our sons competing against each other.

Just for kicks-At a time in the game, the opposing team brought a player in the game tonight to try an get to BJ by pushing an shoving. Of course they let the kid get away with the first shot and then BJ gave him a shot in which both were called for a technical foul. A guy comes to me in the stands and introduces himself as Mr. Viviano, a Holy Cross player whom I played against in the MAAC in college. If someone would have given me a Million Dollars if I could recognize him initally, I would have not gotten that $$. I began to think how we used to kick their ass on a yearly basis and how I would score at will on them. I was glowing at this time. We shared a L-Train of course in which he was assigned to Train in a game in which Train had like a quadruple double. Back then we own the MAAC and beat some really good top ranked teams. He was quoted as saying tonight, "if we had a big man in the middle that we would have had great chance to make the final four and/or win the Chip. But to our luck that was not the case. But it was great being recognize and seeing our sons competing against each other.

Big win for LaSalle tonight, Mr. Johnson!

We believe that BJ could be that type of all around player along with his scoring ability in the future.
Both of these points have to be why JB and staff are excited for the kid, aside from his physical talent.
This is what differentiates the winners from the F Uconns (side joke, not sure if you're watching the other threads).

Because of this attitude of unselfishness, desire to excel, a guy like BJ makes important plays in important games.
It sounds like we're final four bound, at least one of BJ's years. You get a bunch of these kids to buy into this way of thinking, they've just psyched themselves into beating the opposition every time.

There are some people on the forums that will throw negativity at you, not sure if intentional or just that they don't have confidence in themselves. While it's hard to ignore, try to, but you sound like you're not too fazed by it. See for me, I don't mind making a prediction like the above. I know it will happen when I believe it's going to happen. ;)

Both of these points have to be why JB and staff are excited for the kid, aside from his physical talent.
This is what differentiates the winners from the F Uconns (side joke, not sure if you're watching the other threads).

Because of this attitude of unselfishness, desire to excel, a guy like BJ makes important plays in important games.
It sounds like we're final four bound, at least one of BJ's years. You get a bunch of these kids to buy into this way of thinking, they've just psyched themselves into beating the opposition every time.

There are some people on the forums that will throw negativity at you, not sure if intentional or just that they don't have confidence in themselves. While it's hard to ignore, try to, but you sound like you're not too fazed by it. See for me, I don't mind making a prediction like the above. I know it will happen when I believe it's going to happen. ;)

That's the way of the world, people are going to be negative and haters, that is there choice. I appreciate it because it let's me know what I'm dealing with when I decide to give them the "gas face!" Your either on the train or on the tracks!

Do you have a guess as to whether he will play the top of the zone or the wing of the zone for Syracuse?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom