BJ Johnson | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Congrats. Plus Rivals150 said that he'll be included in their updated top 150 as well. Lets see if Dave Telep and the ESPN boys follow suit as well.View attachment 2096

I'd be really surprised if BJ didn't show up on the final ESPN list. The other sites have finally taken notice and it sounds like Telep loves him. Didn't he write an article in the fall/late summer about how BJ was a big sleeper who kept getting better and a guy he really liked?

Bobby, did the LM game take place yesterday or did it get postponed?

Game score and stats were not in the local paper here in Philly.

I did find a reference online indicating that LM won 80 - 40.

recap

recap
Pa pow! I knew it was going to be blowout city, just couldn't prove it :)
LM at the top of the standings, whereas the other team was dead last...now they're more last, if that's possible.

recap
Thanks. I'm sure Bobby will update us with BJ's stat line soon.

Bobby, did the LM game take place yesterday or did it get postponed?

LM 80 other guys 40 in another blow out. League play is definitely our achilles heal. They are bad. They did not report the score for some reason to phillyrally.com. Coach will send me the complete stats. Will update you in a few. I missed some of the early action. I counted at 10pts for BJ. Played about 13min. I see that have to start to workout with BJ more as he needs to get ready for the Districts and State championship run. There is no one to push him here at school or in the league and more importantly he needs to stay sharp. It seems that the more we worked out in detail he played more effeciently. Again playing in this league does not help. So I will get out the war sneaks and go to work. I've notice that he has been not shooting from distance as well. He has increase his strength which throws his shot off a little. His mid range game has gotten better and more effective as of late. "Never Satisfied"

LM 80 other guys 40 in another blow out. League play is definitely our achilles heal. They are bad. They did not report the score for some reason to phillyrally.com. Coach will send me the complete stats. Will update you in a few. I missed some of the early action. I counted at 10pts for BJ. Played about 13min. I see that have to start to workout with BJ more as he needs to get ready for the Districts and State championship run. There is no one to push him here at school or in the league and more importantly he needs to stay sharp. It seems that the more we worked out in detail he played more effeciently. Again playing in this league does not help. So I will get out the war sneaks and go to work. I've notice that he has been not shooting from distance as well. He has increase his strength which throws his shot off a little. His mid range game has gotten better and more effective as of late. "Never Satisfied"
You're gonna be satisfied when he brings home either State Title, National Championship or NBA title, or all three.
Like someone said earlier, I hate to not live in the moment as I think this year's squad has the chance to get to the final four, but man...next year.

You're gonna be satisfied when he brings home either State Title, National Championship or NBA title, or all three.
Like someone said earlier, I hate to not live in the moment as I think this year's squad has the chance to get to the final four, but man...next year.

I am extremely Happy:) but l know that you have to have that mind set to keep on working to be better. The time does not last long as we think. On Friday night it will be Senior Night. Seems like just yesterday when I was teaching him how to hold the ball and shoot it. Time flies when your having fun. All three would be very nice to have.

I've seen some video of BJ and he looks very smooth and I'm very impressed. Mr. Johnson, you said the staff is looking at your son as a 2-3 and I agree. Would you have any of his shooting stats (FG%, 3pt FG%, FT%) for this year or his career? I apologize if they have already been posted, I just haven't seen them. Thanks in advance and good luck to BJ in the upcoming playoffs.

At this point, BJ is averaging 17.0 pts, 7.5rebs,74.3ft% Bj only plays 2qtrs. a game in league play due to blowouts. These numbers would be increased if he played longer. In non league and nationally rank games(5), much better competition, BJ averages 25pts. 11rebs, 86ft.

Well tomorrow is Senior Night at LM for BJ and the other 12 seniors (including managers). Seems like it was just a short time ago when he transferred to LM. Where does the time go? I guess that means I'm getting older.:) It's been almost three complete years. Hopefully, we can end with a District and State CHIP. Anyway, it has been one helluva ride to this point. I think the parents enjoy following the team so we can get together a throw back a few. Well that how it been thus far. Very Proud of BJ and what he has accomplished to this point of his journey. Let's Go ACES!SUball

Well tomorrow is Senior Night at LM for BJ and the other 12 seniors (including managers). Seems like it was just a short time ago when he transferred to LM. Where does the time go? I guess that means I'm getting older.:) It's been almost three complete years. Hopefully, we can end with a District and State CHIP. Anyway, it has been one helluva ride to this point. I think the parents enjoy following the team so we can get together a throw back a few. Well that how it been thus far. Very Proud of BJ and what he has accomplished to this point of his journey. Let's Go ACES!SUball
Can't wait to see him at Cuse! Go Aces!

Well tomorrow is Senior Night at LM for BJ and the other 12 seniors (including managers). Seems like it was just a short time ago when he transferred to LM. Where does the time go? I guess that means I'm getting older.:) It's been almost three complete years. Hopefully, we can end with a District and State CHIP. Anyway, it has been one helluva ride to this point. I think the parents enjoy following the team so we can get together a throw back a few. Well that how it been thus far. Very Proud of BJ and what he has accomplished to this point of his journey. Let's Go ACES!SUball[/

This is one of those "stop and smell the roses" moments for you in particular. Be proud of BJ, but reflect a little and be proud of what you have helped him to do. You said "it has been one helluva ride", well, as parents we start that drive. It's getting close to time to hand the keys over to BJ and have faith you have done what you need to do. I think I speak for others in saying it looks like he has had a great teacher. Now we can all enjoy his ride together! Cheers!

You can hand him the keys but keep teaching him. Make him feel there is always more to learn, and play with everything he has learned.

You can hand him the keys but keep teaching him. Make him feel there is always more to learn, and play with everything he has learned.

The only thing is that BJ only has a learners permit at this time. He will most likely get his DL after the season.;) I always tell him that he has to use all of the tools in the warehouse.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...k_2012&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=26631
BJ drops 19pts again in another LM homicide. 158xo0.png

Mr. Johnson, do you have any video from any of his games?

He added 11rebs, 3blks, 4-5 3pts. Then we spent two hours in the ER to address flu-like symptoms. The life of a parent. You gotta love it.:)
Sorry to hear about that. How is he feeling at the moment?

Mr. Johnson, do you have any video from any of his games?

No I don't have any video at this point. I'm usually to much into the game to personally video the games myself. Tried it once this year and I sucked at it. I even missed the shot in which he scored his 1000pt.:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom