BJ Johnson | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

He added 11rebs, 3blks, 4-5 3pts. Then we spent two hours in the ER to address flu-like symptoms. The life of a parent. You gotta love it.:)
Hey, feel good BJ. With you on this one, Bobby. Revolving germ factory in house of tee.

Sorry to hear about that. How is he feeling at the moment?

He is not feeling all that great but I just dropped him off to the weightlifting session that the team had today. He is a fighter!:mad: Afterwards, I get him home to pump some more meds, fluids and food into him. He should be fine with this regime of meds, fluids, food and rest. Besides the league Chip is Saturday. He seems to do his most damage in the games when he is not feeling well. I'll take the effort but let's make this a habit healthwise. Sheesh!! The flu has been going around. I recently had it and he has been dealing with it in some form or fashion. Mash unit on alert.;)

Hey, feel good BJ. With you on this one, Bobby. Revolving germ factory in house of tee.

Thanks Tee, We're on it. Of course as a teen the tested him for mono as a precaution. The results come in tomorrow morning. Docs seemed to think that it is just more flu-like symptoms, not results of a hard fall in a game on Friday on a flagrant foul from some non-playing . who low bridged BJ while going for a dunk on a break away. This idiot was trailing the play and upended BJ from behind causing him to become horizontal in 8ft in the air. Bail money needed for that one!:mad::mad::mad: Not a concusion.

He is not feeling all that great but I just dropped him off to the weightlifting session that the team had today. He is a fighter!:mad: Afterwards, I get him home to pump some more meds, fluids and food into him. He should be fine with this regime of meds, fluids, food and rest. Besides the league Chip is Saturday. He seems to do his most damage in the games when he is not feeling well. I'll take the effort but let's make this a habit healthwise. Sheesh!! The flu has been going around. I recently had it and he has been dealing with it in some form or fashion. Mash unit on alert.;)
Thanks for the update. I'm sure I'm speaking for the rest of the SU fan community that we all wish him a speedy recovery.

Thanks Tee, We're on it. Of course as a teen the tested him for mono as a precaution. The results come in tomorrow morning. Docs seemed to think that it is just more flu-like symptoms, not results of a hard fall in a game on Friday on a flagrant foul from some non-playing . who low bridged BJ while going for a dunk on a break away. This idiot was trailing the play and upended BJ from behind causing him to become horizontal in 8ft in the air. Bail money needed for that one!:mad::mad::mad: Not a concusion.
Thank god not a concussion. Cheap shots is the only thing these guys have when they're getting blown out of the gym by the Aces.

Plays like that the player should be ejected, it should be a rule.

No I don't have any video at this point. I'm usually to much into the game to personally video the games myself. Tried it once this year and I sucked at it. I even missed the shot in which he scored his 1000pt.:bat:
Ehhh...Just wanted to see more highlights other than what's on you tube...But I don't blame ya, I probably wouldn't be able to do it either...:D

BJ will be out for tonights game recovering from the flu. He is doing much better and will be ready to go on Saturday in the league Chip. Playoff time. LM should be able to handle Radnor tonight w/o BJ and Raheem. He will be in attendance at the game to support his team. I've been running a MASH unit for the last few days. Mending well.:)

BJ will be out for tonights game recovering from the flu. He is doing much better and will be ready to go on Saturday in the league Chip. Playoff time. LM should be able to handle Radnor tonight w/o BJ and Raheem. He will be in attendance at the game to support his team. I've been running a MASH unit for the last few days. Mending well.:)
Glad to see he's on the mends, flu is nasty this year.

League Chip was postponed until Monday night. Which is good because it gives BJ a chance to get his legs under him since he was out all week with the flu. I don't know if you guys have had a chance to see any of his action this year but I will be posting games/highlights of BJ in the next few days.

League Chip was postponed until Monday night. Which is good because it gives BJ a chance to get his legs under him since he was out all week with the flu. I don't know if you guys have had a chance to see any of his action this year but I will be posting games/highlights of BJ in the next few days.
Sounds good. Looking forward to those highlights.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/em...show_title=0&va_id=3909884&volume=8&windows=1" width="425" height="330"></iframe>
BJ goes for 26 and 12rebs against Imhotep in this brief 2-3min clip (last part of the video) in Erie. LM lost by 3pts in this one. Again, I will post entire game film as soon as I get it from these games and others on BJ.
Nice two handed stuff with about 1:50 left. Confident three with 1:12 left. He goes inside against what seems to be not only a team with length, but Imhotep looks to have at least two big men with some girth. And still, quick enough to get out on the wing and hit some perimeter shots. He also has this in the lane banking runner. Even though it's different in that he uses the glass, a little similarity to the CJ Fair skill. I see a little CJ Fair in him, but maybe a little quicker, more perimeter oriented slasher?

Nice two handed stuff with about 1:50 left. Confident three with 1:12 left. He goes inside against what seems to be not only a team with length, but Imhotep looks to have at least two big men with some girth. And still, quick enough to get out on the wing and hit some perimeter shots. He also has this in the lane banking runner. Even though it's different in that he uses the glass, a little similarity to the CJ Fair skill. I see a little CJ Fair in him, but maybe a little quicker, more perimeter oriented slasher?

The SU coaching staff believes that BJ is able to do more at this stage than the CJ, JS or JG as an incoming freshman with his skills and versatility. I believe that they have a great one in the making as he continues to grow and mature as a player. Coach AA stated that the LM team/coach did not utilize BJ enough in advantageous situations on offense in the game that he saw to his disbelief. Almost as if BJ should score/shoot or be involved on every play as long as his on the floor. Sought of "Dance with the girl that you brought to the prom." I agreed and often thought the same thing but I'm not the coach. (They are also trying to get some others more confidence and college looks during this time as well. So, we both get it and its cool. They are going to need everyone at full strength to accomplish the goal of winning the CHIP. But that how you get the SU staff believing that BJ will be able to play multiple positions moving forward on offense and defense.

BJ was back at practice yesterday while continuing to fight the diminishing flu-like symptoms. He is feeling a lot better. He stated that he was a little winded during the practice. League CHIP Monday night against Ridley. He'll do his best to be ready to go. Let's go ACES/CUSE.

The more I see of him the more I see shades of CJ in his game. Thank you so much for posting these highlights. Really excited to get to see BJ don the cuse colors next year after a great hs season! As noted above he has fewer flaws and does seem a bit more developed than CJ/JS. Too funny tee - i literallly just started to type this after just skimming and went back up to read and saw your comments about likeness to CJ - too funny.

The more I see of him the more I see shades of CJ in his game. Thank you so much for posting these highlights. Really excited to get to see BJ don the cuse colors next year after a great hs season! As noted above he has fewer flaws and does seem a bit more developed than CJ/JS. Too funny tee - i literallly just started to type this after just skimming and went back up to read and saw your comments about likeness to CJ - too funny.
Or is it that CJ is becoming BJ? lol

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I am loving CJ's sweet outside touch this year; his consistency from deep seems to be night and day from last year, granted he's getting to show it off more this year. 43.3% leading the way!

The thing is that they did not give him enough credit for his performance this summer on the national scene. They grossly underated him and missed it all together. He was highly recruited from major D1 school in the Big East, Big Ten, ACC, A-10 and was offered ships from most of them. I know because I talked to them. They never updated his status until he all of suddden signed with SU. Now they say the obvious things like once he gets stronger. When in fact, all players have to get stronger going into college and so on. The key is that BJ knows how to play the game on both ends of the floor. That is how he was able to be so productive with AAU team whom he never played with before. You don't think that they would admitt that they missed him. They don't rate him high here like some of the others on other teams according to some writers until he steps on the floor and gives those teams the business. Neumann could not stop him, St. Francis, St. Joes Prep. Because they blow their league teams out he does not play a lot of minutes to increase his stats. But he plays well while on the floor and excellent against the better teams. So the fact that they missed him is a understatement. Just imagine if a year ago, I did decide to reclassify or keep him back in the eight grade. We would not be having this conversation. But we believe in his talent and desire to play the game at this time to be a great player. It is easier to go with the name you know. So they will slowly get on and he will continue to work to accomplish his goals.
Sounds like the recruiting services are doing SU a favor... throwing gasoline on the fire this kid burns from within... The thing we SU fans always understand though is that JB cannot be underestimated. If he offers, then the player is good enough for us to get behind.

The SU coaching staff believes that BJ is able to do more at this stage than the CJ, JS or JG as an incoming freshman with his skills and versatility. I believe that they have a great one in the making as he continues to grow and mature as a player. Coach AA stated that the LM team/coach did not utilize BJ enough in advantageous situations on offense in the game that he saw to his disbelief. Almost as if BJ should score/shoot or be involved on every play as long as his on the floor. Sought of "Dance with the girl that you brought to the prom." I agreed and often thought the same thing but I'm not the coach. (They are also trying to get some others more confidence and college looks during this time as well. So, we both get it and its cool. They are going to need everyone at full strength to accomplish the goal of winning the CHIP. But that how you get the SU staff believing that BJ will be able to play multiple positions moving forward on offense and defense.
Thanks for the video. 2 questions: How is his right hand around the basket, and has he been told/is he working on speeding up his release. It might be the video or the competition, but he seems to be a bit slow with it at this stage. (that may be a natural progression for such a young player, but that is why I asked.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom