BJ Johnson | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

Bobby, I hope you don't mind me sharing the fantastic news!
Congrats to BJ and Lower Merion in winning the Central League Final.
BJ led the way with 14 points, and as per the link: "Central League title for second straight year 42 straight league wins".

Bobby, congrats to you as well and please congratulate BJ from all of us, and I hope he's fully recovered.

Thanks for the video. 2 questions: How is his right hand around the basket, and has he been told/is he working on speeding up his release. It might be the video or the competition, but he seems to be a bit slow with it at this stage. (that may be a natural progression for such a young player, but that is why I asked.)

He has a good right hand around the basket. His shot is fine at this time. He will continue to work on skills but the one thing that the staff love about him is that he can put it on the floor well enough to create problems for defenders. As time goes on, we continue to work on the speed of the game in relation to BJ skills and speed, etc. It's funny that you mentioned that because in tonights game he hit shots in the half court set and going to the basket one on one.

Bobby, I hope you don't mind me sharing the fantastic news!
Congrats to BJ and Lower Merion in winning the Central League Final.
BJ led the way with 14 points, and as per the link: "Central League title for second straight year 42 straight league wins".

Bobby, congrats to you as well and please congratulate BJ from all of us, and I hope he's fully recovered.

Thanks Tee, CUSE NATION. No he is not 100% yet, more like 75% tonight. He had been out all week long until this Saturday when he practice on a limited basis due to effects from the flu. He was sucking wind tonight big time. Started out with 7pts in the 1st 3min. and was taken out for a couple of minutes. As the game went on he struggled with his wind. But hit some clutch shots down the stretch of the game. Played pretty well on defense with a three blocks. He is now in bed after getting his food, supplements and fluids. He lost 5pds over the last week with the Flu. Like he can afford to loose weight. ;) A lot of water weight. He looked it tonight. But proud of him and the team for the accomplishments. They battled and fought:mad:!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...k_2012&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=28542
LM wins it's 1st rd game with BJ scoring 11pts in a 17pt victory.

He is getting his wind and strength back. Was able to be on the floor a little longer tonight. looked a little better physically. He was effective late in the game to increase the lead in the 4th after he got pissed off. :mad: Box in 1 the entire night. We did not make the necessary adjustments which will be addressed on Sunday. I get to add some imput with the coach. I will be working out with BJ on Sunday. Looking forward to it because I can's stand not executing on the floor especially if you are capable. They are feeling the effects of playing a long stretch non-competitive games. They are woke now.:bat: We will continue to work on conditioning and strength in the days to come.

Hey folks held a workout with BJ to sharpen the tools in the warehouse. The flu had really taken a little more out of him than I thought. But he look good and more energetic through the workout I put him through. More workouts to follow as we continue on our quest for a chip and individual improvement. I expect that he will be ready to get after full tilt on tuesday. The next game is Tuesday in the district 2nd rd. against Penncrest, another league foe. Somehow more teams from their league advance this year in the districts. I dont know if no more than 3 teams will make the states though.:mad:

Hey folks held a workout with BJ to sharpen the tools in the warehouse. The flu had really taken a little more out of him than I thought. But he look good and more energetic through the workout I put him through. More workouts to follow as we continue on our quest for a chip and individual improvement. I expect that he will be ready to get after full tilt on tuesday. The next game is Tuesday in the district 2nd rd. against Penncrest, another league foe. Somehow more teams from their league advance this year in the districts. I dont know if no more than 3 teams will make the states though.:mad:
He added 9 rebs in the last game.

Hey guys, just thought I'd share from Facebook, Lower Merion's Central League Championship photos. These seem to be public so you won't have to logon for the entire album.

BJ is the last player on the right.
21789_563524913659529_924404885_n.jpg

Driving hard around his defender
601989_563522506993103_872110848_n.jpg

Elevating
17692_563523410326346_1942287550_n.jpg

Cutting down the nets. I have a really good feeling this won't be the last time he does this. ;)
602003_563524430326244_1041624911_n.jpg

Hey guys, just thought I'd share from Facebook, Lower Merion's Central League Championship photos. These seem to be public so you won't have to logon for the entire album.

BJ is the last player on the right.
21789_563524913659529_924404885_n.jpg

Driving hard around his defender
601989_563522506993103_872110848_n.jpg

Elevating
17692_563523410326346_1942287550_n.jpg

Cutting down the nets. I have a really good feeling this won't be the last time he does this. ;)
602003_563524430326244_1041624911_n.jpg
As you can see in his face that he was still feeling the effects of the flu. He is doing a lot better and should be going full tilt tonight against Penncrest. He looked much better in the workout that I put him through on Sunday and had a good strong practice yesterday. Lets Go Aces!!

As you can see in his face that he was still feeling the effects of the flu. He is doing a lot better and should be going full tilt tonight against Penncrest. He looked much better in the workout that I put him through on Sunday and had a good strong practice yesterday. Lets Go Aces!!
Great to hear he's back full force :)
Go Aces, Cuse fans unite for these guys!

I like what I see in the second photo. Confidence in driving hard to the off-hand side.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...k_2012&state=1001&fname=match_id&fvalue=28585
BJ drops 13pts as LM serves another victimView attachment 2335 by 33pts in their 2nd round playoff game. Bobby when we gonna get some comp? finals against Chester again?

These next rounds should be better competition. But our boys finally started knocking some people down tonight. BJ got a technical after he push some little talking pesky mfer to the ground. I say he should that mfer in the throat. You gon learn today!!!!:mad: Waiting for the other stats from stat man. He played a good overall game on offense and defense.