BJ Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Transfers

This one was telegraphed a mile away so is no surprise. I think it will work out well for both parties. The year sitting out will help BJ more than anything and he'll be a star performer at the low-major level somewhere. In a world where we only have 10 scholarships, we just won't be able to afford having guys like Buss and BJ unfortunately.

well, yeah, except for the facts that clearly there was no deal and the details in the outcome before us is completely different from the various details he reported. other than that he was 100% spot on. oh, and except for the timing. other than that, yeah. Oh, except for . . . do I really need to go on?

I am willing to grant that he heard it all from what he considered a good source,but the facts on the table reveal it all as a fairy tale.
Jeez, all I can say I disagree if you want to feel differently fine.

I would like to thank orange nation for allowing us into their family. It was a great opportunity for BJ that didn't go as planned. We are always going to do what is best for him and his leaving the CUSE although very a difficult decision to make is the best thing for him moving forward. He will be approx 2yrs older and 20pds thicker with two years of eligibility left when he steps on the floor again to play in a game. It was great conversing with you'll on the board and meeting a few folks in person during games. I wish the team and coaching staff all the best.

I am truly sorry to see BJ go, I really hope it was a decision he reached on his own and the opportunity to continue to compete for time here (if that was what he wanted to do) wasn't taken from him.

Thank you for your contributions here on the board and best of luck to BJ and you going forward.

I would like to thank orange nation for allowing us into their family. It was a great opportunity for BJ that didn't go as planned. We are always going to do what is best for him and his leaving the CUSE although very a difficult decision to make is the best thing for him moving forward. He will be approx 2yrs older and 20pds thicker with two years of eligibility left when he steps on the floor again to play in a game. It was great conversing with you'll on the board and meeting a few folks in person during games. I wish the team and coaching staff all the best.
You will always be a member of the Orange family. I know BJ will succeed wherever he lands.

I am sorry things didn't work out for BJ at Syracuse. He is a great young man and I am sure he will do really well wherever he ends up.

Best of luck to him, you and the rest of your family!

I have great respect for the way you are handling this tough decision. Your "2 yrs and 20 lbs" statement rings true. Best of luck to BJ.

rrlbees said:
That's the initial word.

I was thinking more like one of the Philly schools - St. Joseph, Drexel, LaSalle.

I hope St.John's, if that's the case, has playing time for him.

Anyone can see BJ is oozing with talent and I am quite confident he is going to explode when he steps back on the court. I understand the move, but sad to see him go and wish him the best of luck!

Good luck I think your kid is a very talented player . Sad to see him go. I think he can be an NBA player if he gets stronger.

I agree with everyone in this thread who said

• best of luck to BJ. nothing but kind words about him
  • a year of physical growth will really help his development
  • its been a pleasure posting along OGBJ. hope he comes around this board in the future
  • Georgetown sucks
now of course we have no real backup at the 3...

I agree with everyone in this thread who said

• best of luck to BJ. nothing but kind words about him
  • a year of physical growth will really help his development
  • its been a pleasure posting along OGBJ. hope he comes around this board in the future
  • Georgetown sucks
now of course we have no real backup at the 3...

I think between McCullough, Richardson, G, and Roberson they'll find a way.

Great respect to you and your son. Having dealt with numerous athletes for work, the large majority of them would likely have an avatar of themselves (e.g. you from your LaSalle days) versus their son/daughter. Perhaps a small thing, but a telling one.

BJ will be a big deal in where he contributes next. As an Under Armourer, of course, I have to say "Go Temple!"

Good luck.

I think losing BJ is a big loss for the team. He was starting to come around on his shot and with increased strength, I believe he'll be a force when he gets back on the court. As a matter of fact, I'm sure there will be games next year where we can't hit from outside and we'll be thinking, wouldn't it be nice to have had BJ come in and fill it up? Best of luck to BJ and your family-I'll definitely be checking on BJ's progress and rooting him on.

Last edited:
BJ would have had a hell of a senior season here, but I think Gbinije would have stole his minutes next year.

But curious about the timing, he could have waited to Gbinije announced his return and skipped the draft.

Reguardless, hes going to be a hell of a player someday. Sad to see Ron is leaving also, he was probably our best on the ball defender. That is a huge loss reguardless of what anyone thinks.

Last edited:
Wishing you, BJ, and your whole family only the best, Mr. Johnson. I'll be following BJ's post-SU career closely, and I know he'll find success at the next stop and beyond.

This is really a shame. He can shoot and as soon as he gets regular minutes, it'll show in the numbers. Shooting is just not as important to Boeheim as it needs to be.

We are going to have no one to shoot again next year. Streaky (at best) Cooney and Mike G. And a bunch of guys inside crowding each other. Sheesh.

Great having you on the board, OG, and best of luck to BJ ... he was "flashing" this year, big time. There's never been a doubt whether he can hit from the outside or get to the rim. The only question is: how often can he get to the grocery store!! ;)

It's always tough and sad to see good kids leave the program. Him and buss seemed like hard working, young men. I wish them the best and look forward to following them in a few years.

200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom