BJ Transfers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Transfers

FYI, Although BJ cannot transfer to any ACC schools, the interest just as his original recruitment was finds us with strong interest from Big East, A10, AAC and others soon to follow as the news of the release has become nationally known. In other words, I'll be busy.:)

FYI, Although BJ cannot transfer to any ACC schools, the interest just as his original recruitment was finds us with strong interest from Big East, A10, AAC and others soon to follow as the news of the release has become nationally known. In other words, I'll be busy.:)
Glad to hear it.

As I read it, the delay in the sanctions was to accommodate the finical commitment to HS seniors. Just because somebody leaves, doesn't allow for another recruit. Also on Rochester radio, somebody into recruiting (McCalister?) says SU has NOT reached out to Thomas for a couple of weeks. They have called all of the '15 class. The verbal commitment for '16 also the 5* recruit for then. And even kids for the '17 class who SU is recruiting. The non-contact seems to indicate that SU has no room. Now with BJ transferring, plus Silent G and Cooney graduating, that gets to 10 easily so if Chris M leaves that opens the one for the 1 recruit.
I agree. We won't sign another player this year and just have 11 on scholarship next year. All this does is gets us a spot for Moyer and Battle IF McCullough leaves after next year. After next year, there are not issues going forward.

Glad he won't be able to shred the SU zone with his sweet shot twice (or more) times per year. Good luck in the selection process.

I agree. We won't sign another player this year and just have 11 on scholarship next year. All this does is gets us a spot for Moyer and Battle IF McCullough leaves after next year. After next year, there are not issues going forward.

Almost have to think this is clearing the way for Battle who is a much more important recruit at this point than Bryant. We have Coleman back next year, so Bryant is much less of a need than Battle would be in 2016. I have to feel that Kaleb Joseph is going to be a much improved player by that time, but still we have limited depth and the staff may feel that he isn't projecting to be a second team all-ACC type guy by then which is the level I think we'd like to have at that position.

Almost have to think this is clearing the way for Battle who is a much more important recruit at this point than Bryant. We have Coleman back next year, so Bryant is much less of a need than Battle would be in 2016. I have to feel that Kaleb Joseph is going to be a much improved player by that time, but still we have limited depth and the staff may feel that he isn't projecting to be a second team all-ACC type guy by then which is the level I think we'd like to have at that position.

But what can we honestly expect from DC2? 3 knee injuries, 2 surgeries, hasn't played in almost 2 years. He could be still a year away from being a big contributor.

Nope. And I NEVER EVER EVER believe people when they say some kid who shoots well in HS will come light it up at SU. Just doesn't happen.

At the end of the day BJ shot .262 from three, Richardson may not light it up at 40% when he gets here but he should be able to match BJ's productivity from a shooting perspective.

At the end of the day BJ shot .262 from three, Richardson may not light it up at 40% when he gets here but he should be able to match BJ's productivity from a shooting perspective.

In two years.

in games where he shot 4 or more, he shot 36%

the quick hook killed his numbers. his next coach will not give him the quick hook. and the smart people here will be shocked that he's a good shooter

How do other people not get this? The end of the season when he had to play, he shot pretty well. And that was going to continue.

Do people think that the new kid will immediately know the rotations on the zone and not get the immediate hook when he screws up? Do we really expect to see different results every year?

Unless the new guy gets McNamara like treatment from the get go, he's going to see a lot of bench, which means his shooting will not be good. Uggh.

Gerry McNamara disagrees...

You know, I almost included him as a once every 10 years exception. Seems like we are rolling back to that timeframe (as I'm so often reminded up here) so maybe we will be fine. I certainly hope I'll be eating crow next year, but I doubt it.

How do other people not get this? The end of the season when he had to play, he shot pretty well. And that was going to continue.

Do people think that the new kid will immediately know the rotations on the zone and not get the immediate hook when he screws up? Do we really expect to see different results every year?

Unless the new guy gets McNamara like treatment from the get go, he's going to see a lot of bench, which means his shooting will not be good. Uggh.

Really loved this kid and hate to see him go. Only wish him the very very best wherever he decides to go.

What's funny is people defend BJ's shooting percentage at the end of the year when he was "turning it up" and still trash Cooney and his shooting. Last 10 games of the year BJ shot 31%. There were TWO games all year, TWO where he shot better than a 1/3 clip (33%), one on November 16th against Kennesaw State when he went 2-5, the second game was a 3-4 against Pitt on February 21st.

Jeez, all I can say I disagree if you want to feel differently fine.
what you call a mere disagreement most people recognize as empirical reality.

What's funny is people defend BJ's shooting percentage at the end of the year when he was "turning it up" and still trash Cooney and his shooting. Last 10 games of the year BJ shot 31%. There were TWO games all year, TWO where he shot better than a 1/3 clip (33%), one on November 16th against Kennesaw State when he went 2-5, the second game was a 3-4 against Pitt on February 21st.

I saw improvement in those last games. Now we go back to the drawing board with a kid who is supposed to be as good as BJ was when he got here. See what I'm saying?

The growing interest in your son from other schools is justified. He's gonna be a helluva player in a couple years. Best of luck to both of you. It's been a privilege having your perspective on this board these past 2 years.

Hope he stays East. Nova showing any interest still?

he was still getting the quick hook the 5 of the last 10 games

I saw improvement in those last games. Now we go back to the drawing board with a kid who is supposed to be as good as BJ was when he got here. See what I'm saying?

No I don't, Richardson is one of our best recruits that we've had come in. Again, I'm not predicting anything from him, I'm just saying it's not hard to replicate what we've lost in Buss and BJ, the numbers show that.

FWIW, Richardson is the #19 recruit, BJ was 82 so he isn't supposed to be as good as BJ, he is rated far far higher. Franklin Howard would be more of a comparison.

UsLngL3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom