Boeheim Playing The Blame Game Once Again | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim Playing The Blame Game Once Again

I proved in post #59 that they had 4 players who all shot a better 3-pt % than our 3 main shooters.

The main point for you and Townie, so that you stop your desperation ankle-biting, is that the "lights out" term (not used by me) is a bit hyperbolic and extremely subjective. I'll use "good enough to get the job done". Dayton has at least 4. Today, in the most important game of the year, we had none.

Well, in post #49 you characterized them as 'lights out'. So, you did kind of use it.

Ankle-biting?

Who is starting for in the NBA? I can sit on the bench for at least 83 games! By the time Ennius brings the ball up court there will only be13 seconds left on the clock. The only time he goes north south is last 4 minutes of a game.

This is a good point, Tyler needs to improve his penetration throughout the game not just when needed. He is certainly capable.

A
No issue w/ the final shot and going for the win. None at all. He had the stones to take it and he did. I do wish he drove on the prior shot though when we were just down by 1.

Agree with this. got to take it to the rim down 1. Should have had a timeout left there. That one IS on the coach.

jdubs30 said:
Let's be honest... Even if Ennis hit that 3; what are the chances we beat Kansas? I know, we can say today was just a bad shooting day; but this has been the norm the last 2 months besides W. Michigan and FSU. Even if we pulled this out there's a good chance KU wipes the floor with us in Memphis.

True, but losing to KU would be playing to our seed and therefore acceptable to most reasonable fans.

Surely you weren't talking about only 3 pt shooting.

Go get their overall shooting numbers.

Neither team could shoot from what I just saw. 20 pts in a half?
Townie JB recruited these players so if you say the team is flawed that's his fault too. Get over it man the coach is responsible for what happens on the court.

anomander said:
JB is great with honesty when talking about players, but when people question him he has none of it. If he was being honest there is a lot he could have criticized himself about this season. It wasn't his best year that's for sure.

But, but, but... We have a HOF coach who never got any consideration for national coach of the year until his 34th year on the job.

He is un-critcizable!

ummm because you don't throw your players under the buss in front of the national media? then again that's a Boeheim staple

This is way, way to strong language for what was said and you are doing no good by saying it. Think about it..

This is way, way to strong language for what was said and you are doing no good by saying it. Think about it..

i did think about it, and am totally fine with everything that i have said.

Townie JB recruited these players so if you say the team is flawed that's his fault too. Get over it man the coach is responsible for what happens on the court.

Stupid. But take heart--it's not just you over-blaming the coach. It was a team failure--lots of missed shots. Coaches and players are responsible. But your categorical statement is idiotic.

Stupid. But take heart--it's not just you over-blaming the coach. It was a team failure--lots of missed shots. Coaches and players are responsible. But your categorical statement is idiotic.

I don't think he was saying that the coach is solely responsible for what happens on the court. But he's a big part of the equation. He's responding to a poster who thinks that JB is as pure and spotless as freshly falling lake-effect snow.

I don't think he was saying that the coach is solely responsible for what happens on the court. But he's a big part of the equation. He's responding to a poster who thinks that JB is as pure and spotless as freshly falling lake-effect snow.

"Get over it man the coach is responsible for what happens on the court."

Diagram that sentence for me and tell me where your "solely" distinction is drawn. This is not a hill you want to fight and die on.

"Get over it man the coach is responsible for what happens on the court."

Diagram that sentence for me and tell me where your "solely" distinction is drawn. This is not a hill you want to fight and die on.

That's quite presumptuous of you to command to me which hills I want to fight and die on. I don't understand how one can misinterpret my post. The coach is responsible for what happens on the court, just as a CEO is responsible for what happens in a company, or an executive is responsible for what happens in government. With the glories or perks of leadership come responsibility as well.

Is syracuse the only team in NCAA history not to hit a 3 in a game?

We had to set a record for the least jump shots made in tourney history. One? Did we have more than one?

We had to set a record for the least jump shots made in tourney history. One? Did we have more than one?

Only one outside the paint. Grant hid a mid-range jumper. Gbinije hit a pull-up from just inside the paint. Those were literally the only two jumpshots we made tonight.

The truth hurts. Everyone in the arena knew it too

Yup, everyone freaked out the moment he shot it and that's all anyone was talking about as everyone left the arena. Between that jumpshot and losing the ball after the huge block, Ennis finally made his freshman mistakes. It's too bad that it happened in a game where we just couldn't afford it.

It's all his fault. All 740+ wins too.

NKR1978 said:
If your life is miserable or somehow lacking, it isn't because Syracuse basketball doesn't meet your expectations.

They haven't met my expectations. But I've been a fan for more than 40 years and I'm used to it by now. I've learned to expect the worst come March.

Townie72 said:
It's all his fault. All 740+ wins too.

All we'll and good, but he needs titles now to back up his winning percentage.

You also shorted him a few hundred wins.

They haven't met my expectations. But I've been a fan for more than 40 years and I'm used to it by now. I've learned to expect the worst come March.
What a sad life you have created for yourself. So glad I am not you. I have been a fan for only 52 years or more. I would love to be NC every year. But they always regulate it to only one team. So my expectations are realistic and normal and not some ridiculous fantasy.

I love the wins, hate the losses but look forward to every year and every game. You somehow have learned nothing in 40 years. No wonder you are a sad person.

Let's be honest...

Even if Ennis hit that 3; what are the chances we beat Kansas? I know, we can say today was just a bad shooting day; but this has been the norm the last 2 months besides W. Michigan and FSU. Even if we pulled this out there's a good chance KU wipes the floor with us in Memphis.

Of course.

For the last month, this team has been pretty bad starting with the BC disaster. I was surprised they beat anybody.

What you are reading on here is the bitter complaining of those who maybe bought into the "25 - 0 and we are great" nonsense.

So what we have now is a festival of blaming Boeheim, blaming the players, blaming the floor of the arena, and anything else they can come up with. Surprisingly, the refs escaped almost unscathed except for the flagrant foul on Cooney.

It's as predictable as day following night.

And if you point this out to these children, you are called names, insulted and whatever else comes into their minds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom