Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

Has anyone here followed Walton,s career? Full recovery can take place even after years of debilitating injury. Walton was written off until he recovered and brought home an NBA title to the Jailblazers. Wait and see what Sibide can do. He improved each year. He might be a man among boys.

Has anyone here followed Walton,s career? Full recovery can take place even after years of debilitating injury. Walton was written off until he recovered and brought home an NBA title to the Jailblazers. Wait and see what Sibide can do. He improved each year. He might be a man among boys.

Wait...Bill Walton??

That Alaskan herb available in the lower 48?

Waltons serious injuries occurred after the title. He was never the same after that though he was a good contributor and leader for the Celts. Plus, it was his feet, not his knees like Sid.

I couldn’t read through all of the posts. I am sure it’s been said. But, if I’m Sidibe, I understand that my legs will prevent me from making money playing basketball for very long, if at all. So, the best thing for my future is to get a master’s degree from Syracuse. I am glad he’s coming back, but I want Frank to be center number two and sharing minutes almost evenly with Jesse.

Honest question: if Sid had been healthy for all of this season, how would that have effected our W/L record?
At least three more wins.

I think we’re locked into that as our best case scenario regardless, unless either we add a really good guard or Torrence is shockingly way better than he has showed so far.
Or they put the full court press on Kadary and convince him to return.

I think Torrence is going to be better than most are giving him credit for but even then I'm uncomfortable going into the season with him as the only option off the bench.

I'm hopeful that Benny is just good enough at basketball to help with ball handling and breaking pressure but I admittedly haven't watch enough of him outside of highlights to know if that's realistic.

I wish Alan Griffin could walk and dribble at the same time because he would be a great third guard for this roster.
I see him as a step up from Howard Washington but that’s about it. Hope I’m pleasantly surprised. But we lost our dynamic, difference-making PG in Kadary. We literally have no one who can break a defender down off the dribble and get to the rim. Hoping Benny can give us that.

Waltons serious injuries occurred after the title. He was never the same after that though he was a good contributor and leader for the Celts. Plus, it was his feet, not his knees like Sid.
Foot surgery is an easier recovery than knee surgery? He sat out an entire year but eventually recovered to win 6th man of the year with a championship Boston team.

Or they put the full court press on Kadary and convince him to return.
Kadarys quotes in the Athletic were very telling. It Would be a massive uphill battle

Glad to hear he's taking advantage of the extra season. Any contribution he gives us is gravy IMO. Hoping he has a Joel Embiid / Grant Hill like recovery where he comes back after serious injuries appeared to do them in.

Jesse will get plenty of minutes. The risk comes from the idea that Sid's decision is the deciding factor that has Frank leave. That would be unfortunate.

On the other hand, the upside is huge. The Feb/Mar '20 Sid is possible. Three good centers seems a realistic possibility. Real centers.
Jesse should start. May be able to run some double posts. A 3 man rotation at center/PFvwith 3 bigs would be nice

I couldn’t read through all of the posts. I am sure it’s been said. But, if I’m Sidibe, I understand that my legs will prevent me from making money playing basketball for very long, if at all. So, the best thing for my future is to get a master’s degree from Syracuse. I am glad he’s coming back, but I want Frank to be center number two and sharing minutes almost evenly with Jesse.
I keep wondering if JB worked this out to give Sid this ability to get his masters with no actual expectations of him playing. If so, I really hope JB has a conversation with Frank to let him in on the situation as well.

I keep wondering if JB worked this out to give Sid this ability to get his masters with no actual expectations of him playing. If so, I really hope JB has a conversation with Frank to let him in on the situation as well.
It could be a win-win. Sidibe furthers his education and can also play if needed, but it won't be added wear and tear on is body. At least not as much as starting.

Walton won his title year 3. What are you talking about?

Jesse should start. May be able to run some double posts. A 3 man rotation at center/PFvwith 3 bigs would be nice
Why should Jesse start? Sid is the returning 5th year rehabbing senior. Sid had the better showing, when healthy. Jesse would get plenty of time and would be in line to start the following year.

Next up will be Frank entering the portal rather than be relegated to 3rd string. Any GM who would trade 3 years of high potential Frank for 1 year of a perpetually injured player with shot knees would likely be fired.

Foot surgery is an easier recovery than knee surgery? He sat out an entire year but eventually recovered to win 6th man of the year with a championship Boston team.
Didn’t say it was easier- different... and not comparable to Bourama. I loved Walton the player (and the announcer) but he was never close to the player he was before the injuries didn’t recall he was 6th man of the year- quite a tribute to what he was still able to do and how great he was at his apex.

JB is licking his chops with this one.
Uh oh - the video says Rob Bob has knee problems, as well as scoliosis. So it doesn't look like he can cover the corner jumper. In any event, according to this YouTube video, he has committed to Rochester University - the one in Rochester Hills, Michigan. :)

He was a shell of himself after all the foot, leg and knee injuries. He was a good role player on the Celts in later years, 15mpg, he was good rebounder, passer and held his own on D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom