Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

I hope this is subject to him getting some sort of medical clearance from the athletic department. Hate to lose another roster position to somebody who probably isn't going to play. Even if he does, what are the odds of him making it through an entire season?

We disagree, but if we are relying on Sid to be our top center I expect another 19-12 season.
Honest question: if Sid had been healthy for all of this season, how would that have effected our W/L record?

Yes. I’m over playing forwards at center. We need actual centers, and we need them to be decent offensive threats who we will actually pass the ball to. That 4 on 5 on offense stuff while our center basically just sets high screens needs to be a thing of the past too. No reason we can’t have decent centers that play both ends, every year. We’re friggin Syracuse.
Yeah, we all want peace on earth, but lets keep our expectations reasonable.

I hope this is subject to him getting some sort of medical clearance from the athletic department. Hate to lose another roster position to somebody who probably isn't going to play. Even if he does, what are the odds of him making it through an entire season?
We're not losing any roster spot. Sid could expand the roster to 14 if needed. As a senior he is given a free roster spot for the team.

It just seems like a lot of people look for ways to turn good news into something bad.

The staff should tell Frank the truth. Son, both BS and Frank can't under any circumstance be trusted to stay out of foul trouble. Secondly, work hard and you will be given the chance to beat them out . Thirdly, BS has to work hard at rehab and let's see what transpires.

We disagree, but if we are relying on Sid to be our top center I expect another 19-12 season.

i don’t get some of these posts. Was he an all American? No. But the kid was our returning center who started every game. Led the team in rebounding and blocked shots. Was by far our best interior defender. 2nd on the team in steals. Shot 70% which would have led the ACC but he didn’t have enough shots to qualify. All reports last year during the summer and preseason practices were that he had really improved even more and was kicking ass. But people think he isn’t a big deal and wouldn’t have had an impact on this season. Those people are wrong.

i don’t get some of these posts. Was he an all American? No. But the kid was our returning center who started every game. Led the team in rebounding and blocked shots. Was by far our best interior defender. 2nd on the team in steals. Shot 70% which would have led the ACC but he didn’t have enough shots to qualify. All reports last year during the summer and preseason practices were that he had really improved even more and was kicking ass. But people think he isn’t a big deal and wouldn’t have had an impact on this season. Those people are wrong.
I think all of us (well, at least all of rational us) would sign up for a healthy Sidibe in an instant. But how can you rely on that? You can't, and that's why some of us are treating this as... "welp, let's see what happens"

The ability to practice everyday against a fifth year senior who has had some level of success in the ACC is something most freshman centers would see as a benefit. I think Frank is smart enough to realize that. There is no negative spin to this, no matter how hard you try.

We're not losing any roster spot. Sid could expand the roster to 14 if needed. As a senior he is given a free roster spot for the team.

It just seems like a lot of people look for ways to turn good news into something bad.

Think of it this way; for certain guys coming back, they are going to block the way for other guys to get into the lineup.

I think most would agree that Marek at center limited our ceiling as a team. Doesn't mean I don't like him as a player. It's just a fact. Similarly, Edwards and Anselem both look athletic enough to give them a shot, especially if Guerrier comes back and is healthy, or we get another PF in the Portal.

No offense to Sidibe, but I am tired of playing guys who are hurt, and if he's back, he's going to get the first chance to start the season. JB almost always goes with the guy with seniority.

So, if you were Jesse and you had to sit because of Sidibe taking first team minutes, at least until he breaks down, is that going to set us back because of a healthy starting center not getting those minutes to develop at the beginning of the season against non-conference opposition?

The decision is 100% Sids. If he wants to give it a go he should be allowed to. I agree it might negatively effect the team by having Frank transfer. Still the school needs to support Sid. Its his call.

JB values experience, right? How many times is it mentioned here.

if you are Frank, seeing what we saw this year, maybe he feels like he will be the 3rd option and won’t get a fair crack.

dont think it’s fair to judge players character based on stuff like that
Guys who leave = bad character guys.

Guys who stay = good character guys.

Never mind what's best for the player.

Think of it this way; for certain guys coming back, they are going to block the way for other guys to get into the lineup.

I think most would agree that Marek at center limited our ceiling as a team. Doesn't mean I don't like him as a player. It's just a fact. Similarly, Edwards and Anselem both look athletic enough to give them a shot, especially if Guerrier comes back and is healthy, or we get another PF in the Portal.

No offense to Sidibe, but I am tired of playing guys who are hurt, and if he's back, he's going to get the first chance to start the season. JB almost always goes with the guy with seniority.

So, if you were Jesse and you had to sit because of Sidibe taking first team minutes, at least until he breaks down, is that going to set us back because of a healthy starting center not getting those minutes to develop at the beginning of the season against non-conference opposition?
Jesse will get plenty of minutes. The risk comes from the idea that Sid's decision is the deciding factor that has Frank leave. That would be unfortunate.

On the other hand, the upside is huge. The Feb/Mar '20 Sid is possible. Three good centers seems a realistic possibility. Real centers.

I hope that Jesse starts. Sid never had performances on big stages like Edwards this tournament. ANd that is with the staff giving him very little opportunity.

I'd like to keep Frank.

I didn’t say he wouldn’t have had an impact this year, but I am uneasy about him coming back. I want Edwards to be the guy in the middle.

Last edited:
Honest question: if Sid had been healthy for all of this season, how would that have effected our W/L record?
Probably 1 -2 regular season wins and and maybe we beat UVA in the ACC. tournament. If that had happened we would have been a higher seed in the NCAA tournament also.

If Frank stays, great. If he decides to leave, wish him luck and keep it moving.
Either way having a hopefully healthy Sidibe is an asset, not a liability.
The issue here is JB. Is his overwrought loyalty to vets gonna restrict Jesse once more w/ the worn out excuse that “he’s not ready”, or will he allow more time to play and develop both Jesse and Frank?
Can’t say I’m too optimistic. JB has a track record about these things which tell me Frank will likely sit if he comes back.

Last edited:
Jesse will get plenty of minutes. The risk comes from the idea that Sid's decision is the deciding factor that has Frank leave. That would be unfortunate.

On the other hand, the upside is huge. The Feb/Mar '20 Sid is possible. Three good centers seems a realistic possibility. Real centers.
As we see tonight having three centers has it's moments.

That would be great. Sidibe has shown flashes of being a very good center, and was a very good prospect in NJ, especially against some other big name competition, if I'm remembering correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom