Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

Didn’t say it was easier- different... and not comparable to Bourama. I loved Walton the player (and the announcer) but he was never close to the player he was before the injuries didn’t recall he was 6th man of the year- quite a tribute to what he was still able to do and how great he was at his apex.
Can,t wait to see what S will bring. Nothing would surprise me except that I am surprised how many people are writing him off. He is young. Recovery is not impossible.

Walton was and is more than a basketball player. I remember him showing up at a very small concert for a then unknown performer who went on to fame. He sat up front sprawled out on folding wooden seats not caring about his height. He sometimes hung out at my neighborhood court in NW Portland but never played with or against him. He dated a female friend of mines best friend.

Jesse needs to be the starting center next year and I can’t stress that enough.
Hes our best center no doubt but once we start lineups we rarely change them.

6'8, - 6'8 1/2, - 6'9 on the wings next to him, with good wingspans. I really like the way Jessie came off the bench this year, he adds that extra athleticism to push our D way up to the next level. Get tougher as we go along with meanness. Annoy them with clogging the lanes early. Then put the big guy in to slow them down.

Last edited:
Kadarys quotes in the Athletic were very telling. It Would be a massive uphill battle
That ship sailed obviously. I missed his departing quotes though. Can you paraphrase?

Last edited:
Curious why? Hes our best center no doubt but once we start lineups we rarely change them.

6'8, - 6'8 1/2, - 6'9 on the wings next to him, with good wingspans. I really like the way Jessie came off the bench this year, he adds that extra athleticism to push our D way up to the next level. Get tougher as we go along with meanness.

Unless you have a crystal ball we haven't had a starting lineup yet for 21-22

Has anyone here followed Walton,s career? Full recovery can take place even after years of debilitating injury. Walton was written off until he recovered and brought home an NBA title to the Jailblazers. Wait and see what Sibide can do. He improved each year. He might be a man among boys.
Walton got hurt after the title when the Blazers were in the midst of a tremendous regular season.

Had surgery in November to repair the injury is suffered against Bryant. Must have had a post-op infection?

He says the weirdest things.

"Here's the thing with Bourama that people aren't listening to me," Boeheim said. "He had an infection. He did not have any damage to his knee. None. He had an infection that was cleaned up. He's working out, he's lifting, doing all that. We're easing him back in because he was out from the knee surgery. The second thing, the reason he was out for the rest of the year, was the infection. He's fine. Anybody can get hurt, but right now he's perfectly healthy."

So, he did have damage, the original meniscus tear. Which was operated on, and then got infected.

"Here's the thing with Bourama that people aren't listening to me," Boeheim said. "He had an infection. He did not have any damage to his knee. None. He had an infection that was cleaned up. He's working out, he's lifting, doing all that. We're easing him back in because he was out from the knee surgery. The second thing, the reason he was out for the rest of the year, was the infection. He's fine. Anybody can get hurt, but right now he's perfectly healthy."

So, he did have damage, the original meniscus tear. Which was operated on, and then got infected.

Don't you have a "Boeheim to English" translation app? :D

Yeah- I will say I sure hope I can do what he does at 77 though. Albeit I won't be working though. I aim to make sure some stonks have been cashed in by then

Okay, now I get why they aren't going after another center. IF this is all true and he is 100% healthy...then he would probably be as good as any other option out there, if not better, given familiarity. Given that he has struggled to stay healthy I think some skepticism about all that is normal...but I can see why they would be willing to go with him as a 5th year senior. IF healthy a Sid-Jesse-Frank(?) rotation at center would be very good.

Somehow I still think it would be nice to have a 4th option, just in case...for at least 5 fouls if one of the others is out...but 2 of those 3 healthy should be good 95% of the time anyway...

I guess now its time to load up on PG.

That makes sense and isn’t weird at all

That makes sense and isn’t weird at all
It makes sense for him to say there was no damage, except the damage that required surgery that resulted in an infection? Okay

It makes sense for him to say there was no damage, except the damage that required surgery that resulted in an infection? Okay
We knew he had surgery and why. He was responding to why he was out all season. Follow along

Don't forget just needed to spray some windex on it.

Walk it off, pussidibe.

Totally kidding, love Bourama. As my track record will prove, I'm a HUGE Sidibe believer, and believe that injuries have robbed him of what could have been an incredibly impactful career here as not just a defensive presence [as we typically pigeon hole many of our pivots], but also as a stud rebounder and inside scorer.

Hope he gets to end his career on a high note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom