Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

He didn't play 4 centers this year.

To take my earlier point a step further:

Frank committed knowing CDB was starting, Marek was also likely to get minutes at the 5, and we already had JBA AND Jesse on board.

Knew he’d be one of FIVE potential guys vying for C minutes.

JBA is gone.
Marek likely gone.
CDB is recovering from injury.
Jesse is not a remotely finished product.

If Frank thought he could get minutes when there were FIVE GUYS (cue Joe GirLARD joke) competing for 40 minutes at the 5, he’s really gotta like his chances now.

Frank committed knowing CDB was starting, Marek was also likely to get minutes at the 5, and we already had JBA AND Jesse on board.

JBA is gone.
Marek likely gone.

If Frank thought he could get minutes when there were FIVE GUYS (cue Joe GirLARD joke) competing for 40 minutes at the 5, he’s really gotta like his chances now.
I gave this a like and you know why.

I hope he is finally healthy. Jesse has earned significant minutes and Frank needs to get some meaningful time in games.

JBA is gone.
Marek likely gone.

I wanted to give you 2 likes.

Well played.

Yeah, folks are really jumping to conclusions w/ Frank. Any decision he makes is not likely because he fears losing time to an oft-injured Sidibe, and if it is, then good riddance- he's not what we need. JMHO

Yeah, folks are really jumping to conclusions w/ Frank. Any decision he makes is not likely because he fears losing time to an oft-injured Sidibe, and if it is, then good riddance- he's not what we need. JMHO
I actually would suggest it’s the other way around

In the end this good.
Sidibe loses nothing coming back.
He gets to enjoy college and get an actual Senior day next year.
If he can’t play no problem.
If he can be a piece of the team and contributes its a bonus.

we lose a potential starting center to have a guy with bum knees not Sidibe fault but also not wise for the coaching staff to allow to come back either

I am referring to the fact that many have said he has tremendous upside And 4 more years of eligibility so I don't understand your argument.
Also best center is a huge reach on ur part. The end of the season Jesse edwards looked better than I ever seen sibide play and of course there are his injuries so I don't get your argument whatsoever
What are you talking about? A reach? A healthy Sidibe is better currently than Frank or Edwards. Sidibe had some very nice games when he was healthy. Edwards showed flashes of potential at the end of the season and who knows what Frank is or will be. I would assume Edwards would not transfer with Sidibe coming back as plenty of minutes for both.

People acting like it would help recruiting to tell a 5th year senior to get lost when he has battled through injuries and wants to come back for a single year even though we have two young centers aren’t thinking this one through.

Loyalty is as important as anything

Some folks are still hyped up about the 2 weeks he strung together in March 2020 and talked themselves into thinking that's his new baseline. Sure as hell hope it is but wouldn't count on it.
Same thing could be said for Jesse.

A former 4* player with two years of playing experience should be good to go as either a starter or a solid rotational piece in the back court. Reportedly he is spending time with a trainer working on his shooting. He is a physical kid who can get in the lane which the team needs. I recall that his freshman year shooting percentages weren't bad. This past season was kind of a disaster as far as shooting. I hope that with improved confidence and Buddy type commitment during the off season Symir will be a pleasant surprise and make SU fans put Kadary in the rear view mirror...
Nobody on the roster is going to make that happen at the pg position.

JBA is gone.
Marek likely gone.

Frank is going to be a star. Hopefully for us.

What are you talking about? A reach? A healthy Sidibe is better currently than Frank or Edwards. Sidibe had some very nice games when he was healthy. Edwards showed flashes of potential at the end of the season and who knows what Frank is or will be. I would assume Edwards would not transfer with Sidibe coming back as plenty of minutes for both.
That's your opinion and I have mine
Another problem is when is he actually really healthy and coming off this injury I don't see that much upside compared to Frank. that is my point or at least one of them
Let me make something clear I don't have a problem with him being here. It is just the ripple effect that him coming back may cause is all

Last edited:
This is the best possible offseason news because it means a doctor told Sidibe he might possibly be healthy enough to play high level basketball again. Something I was not sure could happen after seeing him try to come back last time.

As for worrying about Anselem. I wouldn't. Syracuse has 3.4 ppg and 3.1 rpg returning at center next year. If that is too much competition for Anselem, where exactly does he plan on going?

Frank is a great athlete who has lots of work to do as a basketball player. If he wants lots of immediate playing time and can't crack our rotation, he will have to go mid major. The Sidibe decision shouldn't affect his decision either way.

On the other hand, one thing we know about Sidibe is that if he's healthy enough to play he will be good on the boards. Something we could use.

I’m really not happy with this news at all in fact I’m a bit annoyed the coaches didn’t tell Sidibe to go at this point
we lose a potential starting center to have a guy with bum knees not Sidibe fault but also not wise for the coaching staff to allow to come back either
Well potential center Robert Braswell moved on, so we needed somebody.

I'm conflicted. I'll be happy to see a healthy Bourama. It's just hard to have confidence in that, though.
And, at this point, i kinda think Jesse has more upside, even in 2021-22. If CDBay comes back, but is still only at like 75%, or whatever, and still blocks Jesse... no bueno.

I'm sorta not concerned about Frank. I don't want to lose a reserve, but i haven't seen enough yet to push me toward thinking he's going to be a good player. Of course, Jesse's blossoming occurred rather suddenly, so maybe Frank will eventually be a beast. Who could know. Hope he sticks, as it would suck to go into next season only to not really have Bourama available for the full season, and have to have Jesse playing tentatively because his backup is JimmyJr.

Im on board being a) optimistic about a Sid comeback and b) being fine with a Jesse and Sid tag team at center

BUT...I don’t want to hear another year of what could of been if he can’t play and we don’t get anyone else (and lose Frank). The injury risk is part of package.

Sidibe has battled injuries, and now exercised what basically is his right to return.
Hope for the best regarding Sidibe's health, and his performance.
Worst case scenario(?):
1. Frank leaves.
2. No center signed -leaving Jesse/Sidibe as only centers on roster
3. Sidibe's chronic issues or a new injury prevents him playing.
4. See #3: Will Jesse's conditioning allow him to play Buddy/Joe minutes?
5. Jesse injured, or can only play limited minutes: Who is the new Marek?

Hope Frank stays-
If he enters portal SU needs another center IMO.

The obvious answer is it’s a disaster.

and if he decided to leave it would be a bad thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom