Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

We disagree, but if we are relying on Sid to be our top center I expect another 19-12 season.
I think we’re locked into that as our best case scenario regardless, unless either we add a really good guard or Torrence is shockingly way better than he has showed so far.

Edwards should start next year.
Sidibe is a backup.
Edwards is the future.

If/When we lose Frank it’s good Sidibe is the backup C.
Jimmy will be the emergency C and possible small ball C.

So, you're going to start Jesse because you're afraid of Sid getting hurt? Seems like a better strategy would be to wait and see if/when it happens.

Edwards certainly is not better than Sidibe was. And ties go to the senior veteran who has paid his dues.
Except when it's freshman Fab, or Dajaun, or Rak, all who started and were routinely pulled after a few minutes.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know way too many people that have gotten themselves into horrible life situations because they believed they needed to stick it out playing a losing game or got stuck thinking "I'm not a quitter."

A lot of people would probably be a lot happier reading the tea leaves and getting themselves into better situations than sticking around fights they're going to lose.

Note - I am making ZERO COMMENT as to whether in Frank's specific case he's in a good or bad situation. Simply stating that sometimes change is the right move, and "toughing things out" can be the wrong choice.
He's what? 19?

At a Top school playing a game which gives him $100K a year in benefits.

Get real he isn't 38 with a family in a dead end job...he is in a great situation and needs to prove he can beat out a couple kids who were not heavily recruited. If he can't he better study hard

I'm not sure at all Sidibe is a better center than Edwards right now.

Jesse seems like he brings more on the offensive end. Sidibe rebounds better some, but I'd say Jesse is a much more impactful defensive presence overall.

Plus, you know, health and availability matters too. Sidibe's 1 for 4. Edwards is 2 for 2.
I've heard the most important ability is availability.

I love him coming back to be a rotational piece. Healthy or not healthy, he won't be playing "big" minutes regardless, nor should he be. Fouling has always been a big issue for him. You foul people when you are playing better players, have zero clue what you're doing, or when you cannot move well enough. I don't expect the latter to be better than it was prior, given the additional injury set backs.

So with that, here is a list of seasons the last 10 years where a player averaged >/= 4 fouls per game, </= 30 mpg, and played >/= 15 games.

View attachment 199409

Good for him coming back. I will be cheering for him. And I bet he does well post basketball life too (whenever that is).
And lets not forget that Jesse has the same type of foul problems. A third center could be a real need. I would personally prefer it to be Frank than Jimmy Jr.

And lets not forget that Jesse has the same type of foul problems. A third center could be a real need. I would personally prefer it to be Frank than Jimmy Jr.
I'd rather have 2 guys with foul problems than only 1 guy with foul problems.

Point here, both centers must play and they will. Because one of them has unpredictable availability because of injuries, and even if he is out there, he fouls a lot.

Yes. I’m over playing forwards at center. We need actual centers, and we need them to be decent offensive threats who we will actually pass the ball to. That 4 on 5 on offense stuff while our center basically just sets high screens needs to be a thing of the past too. No reason we can’t have decent centers that play both ends, every year. We’re friggin Syracuse.

Except when it's freshman Fab, or Dajaun, or Rak, all who started and were routinely pulled after a few minutes.
They weren't starting because he was afraid BMK would be injured. Totally different situation.

I still am holding out hope we sign another difference maker.
Give me:

Two of Woody/Q/Jimmy B
Frank back
Then find a way to convince a mid-major guard who's shown to be better than Symir to come in and compete for minutes in the backcourt.

I think that last wish is the least likely to occur for a handful of reasons but if they all happened I would be very high on next year's team.

Give me:

Two of Woody/Q/Jimmy B
Frank back
Then find a way to convince a mid-major guard who's shown to be better than Symir to come in and compete for minutes in the backcourt.

I think that last wish is the least likely to occur for a handful of reasons but if they all happened I would be very high on next year's team.

We need a guard who can handle the ball against pressure, break down a defense, shoot a decent % and defend.

If that’s Torrence, great. If not, we better be looking.

Elijah Hughes is not here to carry the load anymore. Marek probably not here to help either.

The speculation was that he would return if he was healthy enough to play but not if he had to go through another year of rehab. I'm hopeful this is a sign that he is feeling up to it and can have a successful year if he comes back. If he could return to his potential, it would be a game changer for the team. Even with another year, Edwards is not likely to be much more than a defensive center. I don't worry about the other young centers, it will sort itself out one way or the other. I think it means they won't be going to the portal for another center...

Maybe an insider can weigh in on what their hearing on Sidibe's recovery and ability to contribute next season.

This must have been done with the blessing of JB. If the Docs and JB felt it wasn't gonna work out I'm sure they would have weighed in on him not returning...

I'm okay with Sidibe coming back if Edwards is the starter and Sidibe plays 10-15 minutes which is probably all his knees will allow .

So frank is going to leave because a guy that couldn't play last year at all, says he is coming back. Do we want a guy like that?
Couldn't blame Frank at all- he wants to play. How is a 3rd string center going to play? This is what the portal is for, to help players find a better situation. I fear Frank goes, Bourama gets hurt can't play and there is only one center.

Give me:

Two of Woody/Q/Jimmy B
Frank back

I think the chances of landing a 4th guard are somewhere around 0%. Symir will be here for 2 more years and will be a bridge to a guard potentially in the '22 class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom