Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

Couldn't blame Frank at all- he wants to play. How is a 3rd string center going to play? This is what the portal is for, to help players find a better situation. I fear Frank goes, Bourama gets hurt can't play and there is only one center.
Also my fear though I'll take this option over Frank leaving anyway and not having Sidibe and having to hope to find someone else.

A former 4* player with two years of playing experience should be good to go as either a starter or a solid rotational piece in the back court. Reportedly he is spending time with a trainer working on his shooting. He is a physical kid who can get in the lane which the team needs. I recall that his freshman year shooting percentages weren't bad. This past season was kind of a disaster as far as shooting. I hope that with improved confidence and Buddy type commitment during the off season Symir will be a pleasant surprise and make SU fans put Kadary in the rear view mirror...

We need a guard who can handle the ball against pressure, break down a defense, shoot a decent % and defend.

If that’s Torrence, great. If not, we better be looking.

Elijah Hughes is not here to carry the load anymore. Marek probably not here to help either.
I think Torrence is going to be better than most are giving him credit for but even then I'm uncomfortable going into the season with him as the only option off the bench.

I'm hopeful that Benny is just good enough at basketball to help with ball handling and breaking pressure but I admittedly haven't watch enough of him outside of highlights to know if that's realistic.

I wish Alan Griffin could walk and dribble at the same time because he would be a great third guard for this roster.

Posters expect him to be anything from as good as when be played to a shell of his former self. Either scenario is possible as is the possibility that he is bigger, stronger and dominant. Is it the second coming of Rak or DeJuan? He might rule the ACC.
Don,t care what Frank does. Didn',t like his domino tweet. Sounded gleeful. Expect him to flee. JB said that he belongs in HS. Reference to play or maturity?

You know how JB is lol

Yeah I hear you but with Sid's injury and foul history I think the competition will be more open than usual.

Sid did have some great games at the end of last season. I just don't know if he can duplicate those games for an extended period.

So, you're going to start Jesse because you're afraid of Sid getting hurt? Seems like a better strategy would be to wait and see if/when it happens.

Edwards certainly is not better than Sidibe was. And ties go to the senior veteran who has paid his dues.
I don't know what you're asking with the "afraid of Sidibe getting hurt" thing.

I'm saying, it's not a tie.

Right now, Edwards is better.

Healthy, Sidibe might be better. But he's not healthy right now. And historically, he hasn't been.

I'm actually more concerned about Sidibe's long-term health outlook than I am whether he's the starting center. I'm worried the dude legit has potato knees.

Um why wouldn't you bring back the best center on your roster when healthy if he wants to come back? I'm not sure what you saw to say that Frank is a potential star?
I am referring to the fact that many have said he has tremendous upside And 4 more years of eligibility so I don't understand your argument.
Also best center is a huge reach on ur part. The end of the season Jesse edwards looked better than I ever seen sibide play and of course there are his injuries so I don't get your argument whatsoever

He's what? 19?

At a Top school playing a game which gives him $100K a year in benefits.

Get real he isn't 38 with a family in a dead end job...he is in a great situation and needs to prove he can beat out a couple kids who were not heavily recruited. If he can't he better study hard
By all accounts he's very intelligent and an excellent student.

Perhaps the 38 year olds in dead end jobs are there in part because when they were in a crappy situation in college or earlier in their career, they didn't learn how to bail. That happens a lot.

This is probably a difference in generations type of thinking thing. I'm not pointing a finger when someone makes a change. I'm just not. I'm not ok with making a judgment that generally involves loaded assumptions about the shortcomings of another person's character. This is basic fundamental attribution error thinking at play. Not gonna do it.

I think this is great news and that we should give a little benefit of doubt to the coaches that they understand things we don’t - namely, one, the chances of sidibe being able to contribute and, two, whether and how this affects Frank’s decision (if at all).

why in the world do you think you can intelligently opine that this will impact Frank’s decision? What if it’s clear he’s leaving? Or clear he’s staying? What if he has declined to share his plans? Your post assumes he’s on the fence and this is the tipping point. Maybe it is but your post relies on that as fact. Where is the logic in that?
I am not saying that it will cause him to transfer. I and others have said that that opens the possibility in people's minds that 1 of them or Frank may transfer and if that does happen that's where my argument comes in that's for my disagreement comes in OK you understand that now. Putting words in my mouth

I think the chances of landing a 4th guard are somewhere around 0%. Symir will be here for 2 more years and will be a bridge to a guard potentially in the '22 class.
3 guards is big time risky...I would say 4 is the minimum if not 5 to be safe for a whole season.

Happy for Bourama but dont like this for our roster, especially considering we didn’t bring in a big in this class.

Happy for Bourama but dont like this for our roster, especially considering we didn’t bring in a big in this class.

Assuming Frankie doesn’t leave - he is effectively the Big we brought in for this class.

Was originally a ‘21 like Benny, but reclassified and came early.

So - he’s like a RS Frosh for us this year.
(assuming he stays).
Only with a year of Syracuse experience under his belt-
Which makes him better than a true Frosh Big, since it’s rare they contribute for us in their first year on campus.

Um why wouldn't you bring back the best center on your roster when healthy if he wants to come back? I'm not sure what you saw to say that Frank is a potential star?
What makes people think that 100% Frank is better than say 50% Bourama? They base that on his play?

I don't know what you're asking with the "afraid of Sidibe getting hurt" thing.

I'm saying, it's not a tie.

Right now, Edwards is better.

Healthy, Sidibe might be better. But he's not healthy right now. And historically, he hasn't been.

I'm actually more concerned about Sidibe's long-term health outlook than I am whether he's the starting center. I'm worried the dude legit has potato knees.
To recap, the convo started from my taking exception to Cusefan0307's quote in post 47 "Jesse needs to be the starting center next year and I can't stress that enough". When you agreed with Cusefan you added that health is a concern with Sid.

I agree, health is a concern but until it becomes a problem Sid should be the presumptive starter.

Edwards has never had as good of a stretch as Sid had in Feb/March of 2020. Jesse has a lot of potential, but as of right now the penciled in starter should be Sid. Plenty of minutes for both.

To recap, the convo started from my taking exception to Cusefan0307's quote in post 47 "Jesse needs to be the starting center next year and I can't stress that enough". When you agreed with Cusefan you added that health is a concern with Sid.

I agree, health is a concern but until it becomes a problem Sid should be the presumptive starter.

Edwards has never had as good of a stretch as Sid had in Feb/March of 2020. Jesse has a lot of potential, but as of right now the penciled in starter should be Sid. Plenty of minutes for both.
I guess I'm saying we don't need to wait for "until it becomes a problem." It's a problem right now. It's a problem for Sidibe until it's proven that it isn't a problem.

JB is not going to play 3 centers unless he thinks Frank can give us some minutes at the 4 (which seems unlikely with Jimmy Jr coming)

He didn't play 4 centers this year.

It doesn’t matter where you play, you have to compete for playing tIme against other players. Frank knows what he’s going against. If he feels he can’t get playing time here, good luck finding it somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom