Breaking Bad | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Bad

One could argue that Walt caused Hank's death by cooking meth or that Ricky Hitler caused his death by shooting him, rather than blaming Jesse for reporting multiple felonies to the authorities. :cool:
No doubt about it Walt is ultimately responsible for everything that has gone down to ruin the lives of everyone he has come in contact with since his decision to cook meth in S1 E1 (except "so far" the Aryans and Lydia). I'm interested to see how it ends up with the Schwartz's which have now snapped Heisenberg out of his slumber, probably for the last time.

Obviously Walter becoming a Meth Drug Lord killed Hank and the fact Walter left the book from Gail is how Hank found out, but I hated how Jeese figured out that Walter poisoned Brock the logic made little sense just because Huel lifted the cigarette didn't mean Gus still couldn't have poisoned Brock. Jeese working with Hank not on Hank's terms in the Park is what did in Hank. Jesse thought of the money idea and that is what caused Hank's death in the desert. I thought for sure that Skyler was going to die, but now I am not sure and am glad. I found Walter Jr.'s acting tremendous these last two episodes and hope Walter's death isn't painless as using the Ricin. He deserves pain for all he did, but honestly I didn't think how Walter White was exposed to the world was realistic at all. The only evidence the DEA has is Marie's testimony which is all hearsay, the book from Gail that only Hank knows about, and the call Walter made to Skyler based on Charlie Rose's statements you are lead to believe the whole world knows that Walter is Heisenberg when that isn't really realistic at all.

Obviously Walter becoming a Meth Drug Lord killed Hank and the fact Walter left the book from Gail is how Hank found out, but I hated how Jeese figured out that Walter poisoned Brock the logic made little sense just because Huel lifted the cigarette didn't mean Gus still couldn't have poisoned Brock. Jeese working with Hank not on Hank's terms in the Park is what did in Hank. Jesse thought of the money idea and that is what caused Hank's death in the desert. I thought for sure that Skyler was going to die, but now I am not sure and am glad. I found Walter Jr.'s acting tremendous these last two episodes and hope Walter's death isn't painless as using the Ricin. He deserves pain for all he did, but honestly I didn't think how Walter White was exposed to the world was realistic at all. The only evidence the DEA has is Marie's testimony which is all hearsay, the book from Gail that only Hank knows about, and the call Walter made to Skyler based on Charlie Rose's statements you are lead to believe the whole world knows that Walter is Heisenberg when that isn't really realistic at all.

I see your point but probably 3-4 months have gone by since Walt went on the lam, so it could be that much more evidence was released to the public than we are privy to. Once Walt ran out to the desert to save his money, there was no where else to go with the story but either he's arrested or on the run after escaping arrest. And once Hank called Marie, there was no way to write around Hank's death imo than Walt being on the run. I read an article that came up with an interesting perspective. Basically, the shows writers thought through a number of scenarios as a means of ending the story and they are showing us each one: Walt leaves the business with his millions and lives out the rest of his life in the comforts of his family; Walt is caught, but uses his intellect to keep himself out of jail; Walt is arrested and spends the rest of his life in jail; Walt is on the run and spends the rest of his life alone; and what ever it is they decided was the real (best) ending, which we will know next week. What I find a little farfetched is Walt being so incensed by Gretchen and Elliot that he decides to head back to ABQ and go out with a bang. But the writers have always given us the unexpected so I'm not holding my breath that it will end that way.

I see your point but probably 3-4 months have gone by since Walt went on the lam, so it could be that much more evidence was released to the public than we are privy to. Once Walt ran out to the desert to save his money, there was no where else to go with the story but either he's arrested or on the run after escaping arrest. And once Hank called Marie, there was no way to write around Hank's death imo than Walt being on the run. I read an article that came up with an interesting perspective. Basically, the shows writers thought through a number of scenarios as a means of ending the story and they are showing us each one: Walt leaves the business with his millions and lives out the rest of his life in the comforts of his family; Walt is caught, but uses his intellect to keep himself out of jail; Walt is arrested and spends the rest of his life in jail; Walt is on the run and spends the rest of his life alone; and what ever it is they decided was the real (best) ending, which we will know next week. What I find a little farfetched is Walt being so incensed by Gretchen and Elliot that he decides to head back to ABQ and go out with a bang. But the writers have always given us the unexpected so I'm not holding my breath that it will end that way.
This is why Heisenberg will take out Gretchen and Elliot. I felt they were his endgame for a while.

I really don't think Walt is going after GM. I mean, I just don't. I think that was more geared toward just lighting a fire under Walt. He is all about pride, and seeing what his legacy has become, from the one two punch of his son telling him to die and his former friends saying all that's left of Walter White is dead, kicks him into gear and makes him realize he can't go out with such a whimper.

I will be absolutely stunned if GM is actually in the finale. It will be all about Uncle Jack and staking his claim as the one and only meth kingpin. I don't know if he's going to try for redemption by saving Jesse (leaning against it) but he at least wants to take out the animals continuing to profit off of his blue meth. It's kind of the same with GM. He did so much of the work, and he's getting none of the credit. Pride is why he will go after the Nazis.

I will write every one of my posts in rhyme for two days if he actually goes postal on GM.

By the way, I love that out of everyone on the show, the only person who can actually call Walt on his crap, and who Heisenberg would never, ever come down on, is Junior. I'm kind of bummed that it took him so long to find out about his dad, because his awakening to what's really happening and the way he deals with his dad now is fantastic. I didn't have much use for Junior other than making breakfast jokes, but the last two episodes have completely changed my opinion of the character. Not to sound too cheesy, but when he's talking to his dad now, it's the only time he doesn't need his crutches to stand tall.

By the way, I love that out of everyone on the show, the only person who can actually call Walt on his crap, and who Heisenberg would never, ever come down on, is Junior. I'm kind of bummed that it took him so long to find out about his dad, because his awakening to what's really happening and the way he deals with his dad now is fantastic. I didn't have much use for Junior other than making breakfast jokes, but the last two episodes have completely changed my opinion of the character. Not to sound too cheesy, but when he's talking to his dad now, it's the only time he doesn't need his crutches to stand tall.
I agree 100% on Junior he was always the butt of Breakfast jokes from me but he has been the most real character these last few episodes.

This is why Heisenberg will take out Gretchen and Elliot. I felt they were his endgame for a while.

Maybe. But I think randomly seeing them on Charlie Rose was the final straw for Walter. And by that I mean after Walt Jr. and then the Schwartz's dissed him, Walter White doesn't exist anymore. Just Heisenberg. And Heisenberg has a mission which is take back what belongs to him from Uncle Jack, Todd and the rest of the gang.

Last edited:
Actually, I just read something interesting that may or may not mean anything but, last night Vince G said the name of the final episode "Felina" was an anagram for finale. Someone pointed out that an anagram for Heisenberg was "Begins Here". Walt's issues can be traced back to his association with Gretchen and Elliot and the formation of Gray Matter.

I can't wait for next week. So many loose ends to tie up. No idea how it's going to end.

Here's how it's gonna end...walts going to get his money and he will be faced with killing Jesse or not. It will be the last chance for redemption. He'll take it

Yeah, that's a good call. Perhaps he dies while doing so.

Personally, I will be kind of pissed if they let Walt find redemption in the final episode.

Personally, I will be kind of pissed if they let Walt find redemption in the final episode.

In a way, it would be the coward's way out. The question is does Gilligan have the balls to give the audience a really brutal ending. I think he does, but I can't wait to find out either way.

I don't care what else happens. I just want Jesse to have at least a reasonably happy ending. He somehow escapes, gets far the hell away and raises Brock in peace. Please, Vince Gilligan, let that happen? Kill everyone else, I don't care. Jesse has suffered way too freaking much already.

Or...everyone dies, including Holly, and Jack and Todd stand tall at the end of the show. Could you imagine?

Or...everyone dies, including Holly, and Jack and Todd stand tall at the end of the show. Could you imagine?
Considering the cast and crew are hosting a charity finale watching event in a freaking graveyard, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. Maybe getting people prepared for all of death they're about to see.

I don't care what else happens. I just want Jesse to have at least a reasonably happy ending. He somehow escapes, gets far the hell away and raises Brock in peace. Please, Vince Gilligan, let that happen? Kill everyone else, I don't care. Jesse has suffered way too freaking much already.
Doesn't seem logical that Jesse would end up with Brock at the end of this. He really has no claim to the kid and if he escapes, he would be a fugitive and on the run. I'm thinking he remembers Walt's lesson about the phosphorus in the Pilot and blows the lab up taking Todd with him.

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to get my new avatar in this thread.
Get Holy Shirt on the phone immediately if not sooner, i need that on a T now please.

Fwiw, glad you added the "S" back into "Heimsenburgh." It plays a lot better than "Heimen-burgh" for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Get Holy Shirt on the phone immediately if not sooner, i need that on a T now please.

Fwiw, glad you added the "S" back into "Heimsenburgh." It plays a lot better than "Heimen-burgh" for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I think the black and white version would work better on a t-shirt.