Brent Axe finally says it | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe finally says it

i would never take the penalty. Why do I want the ball on the 6 instead of the 1? What I didn’t like was the fade route.
But they didn’t run an official play. Because they were out of timeouts they just kicked.

and the angle for that FG is better from the 6.

For the umpteenth time if you bring in a good special team coach which current coach on staff are you letting go?
There’s a limit? How does Clemson seemingly have like 75 coaches?

my thoughts on this is your a kicker you have plenty of time to figure out how to kick the ball between the uprights even if its a sharp angle

It's not his job to pump up the program. It's to give an objective analysis of what he saw. He saw a team that is capable of more wins than they currently have.
His job is to get readers and clicks. He has chosen the negative approach.

my thoughts on this is your a kicker you have plenty of time to figure out how to kick the ball between the uprights even if its a sharp angle
I know nothing about kicking a FG from an experience standpoint, but there’s a lot of moving parts there. Multiple guys have to do their jobs right and the timing of it all has to be right.

Feels like things could be ironed out? It can’t be all the kicker can it?

I can name a few. We don't need multiple guys coaching a single unit. Who ever is the least valuable guy, send him packing. And the STC will coach a position, as Lustig did. Not like he sits in a chair most of practice.
Our ST QC guy can take a hike

Which coach should be let go then?
There are zero can't lose him guys. So cutting the least important shouldn't be an issue.

On D White can help at DB. Do we really need 2 other guys as well?

Whomever is the least valuable of Ferri, Samuel, Lynch can be sent packing.

The STC will have a background at a position. That might be DB. That might be TE/WR. It isn't like we will have a hole.

This notion that our current staff is so valuable that we can't let a guy guy is silly.

But they didn’t run an official play. Because they were out of timeouts they just kicked.

and the angle for that FG is better from the 6.

?? I’m talking about the timeout when we had 12 on the field and then we ran the pass play which was incomplete then we tried the FG.

Honest question….Is the officiating Dino’s fault? I don’t mean the ridiculous calls or the stupid penalties this team gets too many of. I’m referring to the 5-6 times a game, the officiating misses a call on the opponent or every 50/50 call going the other way. It’s easy to believe that the ACC hates Syracuse and wants them to fail but what the hell is really going on? Why does this happen at such an alarming rate!?!? I know I am bias but we all know what I am talking about.

There are zero can't lose him guys. So cutting the least important shouldn't be an issue.

The STC will have a background at a position. That might be DB. That might be TE/WR. It isn't like we will have a hole.

This notion that our current staff is so valuable that we can't let a guy guy is silly.

you don’t think each special teams unit has a dedicated coach who also coaches a position?

you don’t think each special teams unit has a dedicated coach who also coaches a position?
I am saying he does coach a position additionally to STs. People are acting like if we remove a coach we will have a hole at a position, which is false.

you didn’t answer the question.

you didn’t answer the question.
If I had to chose and I don't have the info Dino does in terms of skill set and recruiting capabilities, I would choose Ferri. But like I said Samuel or Lynch or West Or Monroe are all possibilities. There are many choices and you think there are none.

yes we do
Name names.
I thought you could only have the official coaches and maybe the grad assistants on the field coaching players during practice.

It seems like Axe is becoming more vocal in an attempt to be "the Syracuse Authority on Sports." I had a lot of fun watching the game today. This was a tough game against a team that is probably our equal and we won. FVT.

I know nothing about kicking a FG from an experience standpoint, but there’s a lot of moving parts there. Multiple guys have to do their jobs right and the timing of it all has to be right.

Feels like things could be ironed out? It can’t be all the kicker can it?
kickers are weird mentally after things go wrong hard to get that back quick

Honest question….Is the officiating Dino’s fault? I don’t mean the ridiculous calls or the stupid penalties this team gets too many of. I’m referring to the 5-6 times a game, the officiating misses a call on the opponent or every 50/50 call going the other way. It’s easy to believe that the ACC hates Syracuse and wants them to fail but what the hell is really going on? Why does this happen at such an alarming rate!?!? I know I am bias but we all know what I am talking about.
im sure dino has voiced concerns to his boss which probably reports it to acc office but at that point most of the time it gets put in the shredder. college refs should be held to a standard like performance review like workers in real world

Name names.
I thought you could only have the official coaches and maybe the grad assistants on the field coaching players during practice.

i don’t know which position coaches are responsible for which special teams unit. But Dino has said a few times that’s how they’ve divided it up. Instead of one assistant being responsible for all special teams he’s got an assistant being responsible for a unit. I’m guessing but for example Monroe is responsible for the kick off team.

i don’t know which position coaches are responsible for which special teams unit. But Dino has said a few times that’s how they’ve divided it up. Instead of one assistant being responsible for all special teams he’s got an assistant being responsible for a unit. I’m guessing but for example Monroe is responsible for the kick off team.
dino has szmyt i believe he said after the last game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom