Brutal last 1:32 | Syracusefan.com

Brutal last 1:32

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Had every chance to win...made NO plays. Ville made all the plays. Worst game of BT's career.

Didn't help that 4 of our guys hadn't subbed in the half. We were two steps slow at the end.
Exactly this. At least get these guys a rest around the 10 minute mark so that they are fresh down the stretch, when you need them. Even if you only put in Cooney and Grant with nine or 10 minutes left, and yank them at the under 8 timeout, that's still a nice rest for your starters.

LVille turned the tables on us this time - with our guards making turnovers at the end like Siva and Smith did in last game when we beat them

Our guards were gassed.
Clearly, and it's been that way in the last 3 games - why doesn't JB recognize that and spell these guys for at least a minute or 2 in the 2nd half?
(now I've probably opened the floodgates for daring to question the great and powerful 900+ win coach).

Clearly, and it's been that way in the last 3 games - why doesn't JB recognize that and spell these guys for at least a minute or 2 in the 2nd half?
(now I've probably opened the floodgates for daring to question the great and powerful 900+ win coach).
I think because the guy with 900 wins doesn't think those guys on the bench can play. He does see them every day in practice. Now, maybe he is wrong. But if we have to weigh your evaluation vs his, I am gonna go out on a limb and take his. Only because I don't know how many books on basketball you read, how many games you coached, how many games you played in, how many seminar's of top coaches you have attended.

I agree that they were gassed but do you really think Trevor can keep up with Siva, Smith, Ware and Hancock? I think JB went with the guys that gave us the best chance to win, gassed or not. We are nowhere near as deep as 'Ville at the guard position.

Exactly this. At least get these guys a rest around the 10 minute mark so that they are fresh down the stretch, when you need them. Even if you only put in Cooney and Grant with nine or 10 minutes left, and yank them at the under 8 timeout, that's still a nice rest for your starters.
JB has never understood the concept of fatigue. I've harped on that for years, he just doent get it. SU has lost 3 games down the stretch in a row. I believe because his team lost because the starters weren't rested.

I think because the guy with 900 wins doesn't think those guys on the bench can play. He does see them every day in practice. Now, maybe he is wrong. But if we have to weigh your evaluation vs his, I am gonna go out on a limb and take his. Only because I don't know how many books on basketball you read, how many games you coached, how many games you played in, how many seminar's of top coaches you have attended.

LOL - see, I knew it wouldn't take long. :)

I used to be a big critic of JB, but over the past 15 years or so, I've turned around seeing what he had accomplished with some teams we had with limited talent.
Still, as a coach he's not infallible and I think we should be able to question his decision making at times.

JB has never understood the concept of fatigue. I've harped on that for years, he just doent get it. SU has lost 3 games down the stretch in a row. I believe because his team lost because the starters weren't rested.

Young kids can perform even when gassed... They go from %100 efficiency to %95. At %95 MCW and BT are usually better than Trevor at %100.

LOL - see, I knew it wouldn't take long. :)

I used to be a big critic of JB, but over the past 15 years or so, I've turned around seeing what he had accomplished with some teams we had with limited talent.
Still, as a coach he's not infallible and I think we should be able to question his decision making at times.
Of course you can. But when Cooney turned the ball over in the last 10 minutes and the game wasn't close at the end, the crying here would be why did he play Cooney?

I agree that they were gassed but do you really think Trevor can keep up with Siva, Smith, Ware and Hancock? I think JB went with the guys that gave us the best chance to win, gassed or not. We are nowhere near as deep as 'Ville at the guard position.

No, probably not for long stretches, but Cooney does usually play good D for us when he's in, especially since he's rested.
I don't think the game would get out of hand to get him in for a couple of minutes to give BT or MCW a short rest so they've got fresher legs at the end of the game (not any worse than it does with the What turnovers we've been seeing from BT and MCW down the stretch in these last 3 games).

Young kids can perform even when gassed... They go from %100 efficiency to %95. At %95 MCW and BT are usually better than Trevor at %100.
Look my friend I don't care how old you are. Tired is tired and prevents you from performing at the highest level. The teams we lost to also have young players so your post makes no sense. No one performs well whenn gassed.

What about giving BT a two minute blow at the 12 minute mark? Then MCW at the 10 minute mark?

Brandon was fatigued. That caused a couple of mental errors late...if the only way we can win is to play BT and MCW 36+ a game, then we will lose. No question...

Look my friend I don't care how old you are. Tired is tired and prevents you from performing at the highest level. The teams we lost to also have young players so your post makes no sense. No one performs well whenn gassed.
His point is that some people, when gassed, are still better than the sub that could take their place.

What about giving BT a two minute blow at the 12 minute mark? Then MCW at the 10 minute mark?

Brandon was fatigued. That caused a couple of mental errors late...if the only way we can win is to play BT and MCW 36+ a game, then we will lose. No question...

He was making mental errors all through the game. Not just at the end.

Of course you can. But when Cooney turned the ball over in the last 10 minutes and the game wasn't close at the end, the crying here would be why did he play Cooney?

The second sting QB is always the most popular player on any football team.

I can think of no worse place to put Cooney than in a tight game against those super-quick UL guards.

Everyone makes mistakes through the course of the game. We lost this game on the last 2 minutes. Our guards were gassed and that hurt us.

The second sting QB is always the most popular player on any football team.

I can think of no worse place to put Cooney than in a tight game against those super-quick UL guards.

So then we needed to get our guards a break. Cooney played okay in the first half. He could of done the same early in the second.

So then we needed to get our guards a break. Cooney played okay in the first half. He could of done the same early in the second.

So say you.

You don't know how physically bushed Triche was. Boeheim is on the side lines. The assistants see him every day in practicce.

More Cooney wasn't the answer.

Christine will go as far as JB alIows Cooney to carry it. By that I mean Cooney has to get some run in both halfs and be allowed to play. You can't have one three point threat on the floor.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Folks like you like to have it both ways. You'd rather see anyone than BT playing guard at SU. When anyone gives you a rebuttal you talk about the coach. The same one who has started BT every game of his career. Who is right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom