Brutal last 1:32 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brutal last 1:32

Exactly this. At least get these guys a rest around the 10 minute mark so that they are fresh down the stretch, when you need them. Even if you only put in Cooney and Grant with nine or 10 minutes left, and yank them at the under 8 timeout, that's still a nice rest for your starters.

Agreed
I am sure Cooney could have played as well as Triche today. Triche played horribly in the last 4 minutes. Maybe if he had more of blow earlier, he wouldn't have played so poorly down the stretch.

BT made 4 freshman type mistakes late in the game and also missed a layup. Two of the horrible errors were inbounds plays. His play lately is extremely troubling. Maybe we get a break since Purnell will press us, I hope. LGO.

Cooney is beside the point. Whoever the sub is, is arbitrary. You just need to put SOMEONE in there to keep your starters fresh. Just give them a minute or two break midway through the second half so they can finish strong down the stretch.

Who is who you bring in besides the point? It IS the point. Those quick UL guards would have stripped Cooney of everything but his sneakers.

Keep in mind that your point is based upon the theory (unproven and unsupported by any evidence) that Triche is so tired, so fatigued, that he cannot be effective. And you are just guessing about that.

Who is who you bring in besides the point? It IS the point. Those quick UL guards would have stripped Cooney of everything but his sneakers.

Keep in mind that your point is based upon the theory (unproven and unsupported by any evidence) that Triche is so tired, so fatigued, that he cannot be effective. And you are just guessing about that.

But they didn't.

That's the craziest hypothetical yet. We saw Cooney play for four minutes, and we saw that he didn't get stripped once.

But they didn't.

That's the craziest hypothetical yet. We saw Cooney play for four minutes, and we saw that he didn't get stripped once.
And that part of the game was not where there was any real defensive pressure being applied.

Pitino is not an idiot. He is not a potted plant or a manikin on the sidelines.

What do you think he would have done --- or asked the UL guards to do --- idf he saw the handle-less Cooney come in the game?

And that part of the game was not where there was any real defensive pressure being applied.

What do you think he would have done --- or asked the UL guards to do --- idf he saw the handle-less Cooney come in the game?

He saw the "handle-less" Cooney come into the game. And they didn't pressure him.

I'm a little confused. You're saying Cooney didn't get stripped because when he came into the game, Lville wasn't pressuring. But then you're saying if Pitino saw Cooney come into the game, he would've upped the pressure.

bad decisions are often the result of fatigue

And many times they are not. Sometimes they are because a player is nervous or trying to do too much or he's confused.

I have seen Triche make lots of turnovers in the first four minutes of a game. To now start ascribing Triche's turnovers to fatigue seems a huge stretch to me. He's a player that has always made a ton of mistakes and has turned the ball over all throughout games.

Plus the best way to beat a press is with passing, not dribbling. You're telling me that we can't teach a grouping of MCW, Fair, Grant, Dirty, and Rak to break a press with passing, for 2 minutes?

I'm a little confused. You're saying Cooney didn't get stripped because when he came into the game, Lville wasn't pressuring. But then you're saying if Pitino saw Cooney come into the game, he would've upped the pressure.
Again ... first half vs second half and end of game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom