Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Oh thank goodness, She's All That is on, this night won't be a total bust.

Channel please! I was going to search out some classic Lacey Chabert films on Netflix, but some Rachel Leigh-Cook starring as Laney Boggs is definitely the smart choice.

Channel please! I was going to search out some classic Lacey Chabert films on Netflix, but some Rachel Leigh-Cook starring as Laney Boggs is definitely the smart choice.
Something called "Pop."

Only Hughes had a PER for a high above average player in college basketball this year.

To be fair Buddy was literally .3 above average so he is an average starter which is good considering he is only a sophomore and will be better.

Girard was right at 15 PER so he was average as well as a Freshman.

Our players get dinged at PER because they play a lot of minutes or very little.

I just want to pose a q. If we traded BG, Eli, Bras and JC for KR, PT and ST what would we think?

Yeah, I may have undersold Scoop’s ability to create off the dribble a bit. Joe improved there and showed a bit in that area as the year went on, but Scoop was pretty good at it and could finish at the basket at a level I’m not sure Joe will get to.

Still, I won’t be surprised if Joe has a similar level career - though sadly probably with a lot fewer W’s. But again - we don’t have anywhere near the overall talent in the program that we had from 08-12.

Yeah, I have less of an idea what to expect from JGIII. He's surprised me at times this year - especially when Eli was hurt. He sort of collapsed shortly thereafter, but that was an impressive run, and I wasn't sure he was going to be able to even get to the rim the way he did. And he did....

I think the offense will always be there, and definitely a flare for the dramatic, but as a play-maker, I'll be curious to watch the development. If we don't replace Hughes somehow, not sure if he doesn't take a step back in that regard as he'll have to focus a lot more on scoring. :(

Regardless, he'll provide some highlights and a lot of fun for four years.

26 for 85 from 3-pt range (31%) from Jan 29 through the end of the season.

35 for 70 from 2-pt range (50%) over the same time period.

Last 9 games, since Feb 11th, 15-60, exactly 25% from three, and that includes his 2-4 final game against UNC.

40.6% in the first 23 games 81-202. Nailed it.

Laney's dad is straight up crushing it on Jeopardy.

Zack just showed up with some JV nerds to clean the house, removing Laney's excuses for not going to the party.

Ooooh, Anna Paquin as the little sister. Forgot about that.

My girlfriend freshman year looked a lot like her. I was into it. Good times.

This movie is a classic

Oh snap, Kiss Me just came on as the background scene. The big reveal is coming!

Oh damn, the nerd is hot! WHO SAW THAT COMING?!?!?! NO YOU DID NOT YOU CODDAM LIAR!!!

So I worked at Hoyts Carousel when this movie came out. It was an event, man. Saw it with a female friend that also worked there. Young OttoinGrotto thought there was a chance the movie might set the mood and we'd make out. Spoiler alert - nope.

Commercial break.

Providence type player.

Based on what I saw, he's a Rhode Island type player. The recruiting misses have really stuck out. Easily could have been slotted in had he bided his time and put more effort into his game this summer. Kids live in a start now or transfer world. All it takes is one injury and your number is called.

I feel like that was the debate with Jerami Grant too - his Freshman year. Could he play more minutes? Nope. He wasn't getting minutes against good teams, all he can do is dunk, raw, wasn't ready. Then, Fair got hurt, and it was like, "ohhhh, maybe he can contribute against good teams." So, I do think sometimes that "nothing" isn't an accurate representation of skills.

It was the same with BJ Johnson. He can do a lot - but he just can't hit shots yet! Except any game he played long enough to hoist a few threes, his percentage on threes skyrocketed...because, I'd guess, being on the court after you miss your first shot matters.

Goodine suddenly looks less clueless when taking over for an injured Buddy...

I tend to think there are reasons why these under-performing kids seem to do better when some injury suddenly thrusts them into situations where they have to play 20+ minutes.

I don't know.

Josh Pace as well In 2003

This is what happens when you play 6 players and 2 guards. Players don’t stay these days if they don’t get a chance. Surprising because Jimmy always talks up players defense and sits players that lack defensive ability. Yet, this year, goodine was our best defensive guard and he plays less then the two starters who are suspect at best on defense. First time in JB’s 40 plus years in Syracuse he played offense over defense and it just so happened to be the year his son was a liability on defense and struggled down the stretch on offense. Yet buddy had every opportunity, opportunity’s that goodine the more superior athlete, who probably has the higher floor didn’t have. In my opinion, huge coaching mistake the jimmy will come to regret.

You sound ridiculous. Goodine can't handle the ball or shoot. I can't put a guard out there just to play defense. A center can get away with that. A guard can't. You have to have some ability. At the next level, you have to be able to shoot especially with the way the game has trended. If you can't shoot, you will not have a job.
The same board dogs Carey out because he can't dribble, plays at one speed and can't shoot. At some point, you have to sacrifice one for the other. It just so happened that when Boeheim and Girard stopped hitting shots, their deficiencies at the top of the zone stood out even more. I don't see this as a big loss. Matthew Moyer transferred out because he didn't play either just to be the same player he was at Syracuse at Vanderbilt.

Josh Pace as well In 2003

A little different there though because Pace played a lot early in the year and played quite well...until Edelin came back. Then he got mothballed until the season ending Rutgers game if I remember right.

Alright, Pop must not be doing very well. That was a looong commercial break.

I forgot how terrible of an actress the ex gf was. Looked hot though.

Shaggy killin' it on the dance floor. Although Rick James is really an eclectic choice for a highschool party in a movie released in 1999.

Highschool kids are so cruel to each other. Why?

"Sometimes when you open up to people, you let the bad in with the good." This is deep.

Ok, now they're back at school. Foggy Nelson is asking about the party.

Laney's becoming popular. IT'S HAPPENING!

Whatever happened to the third wheel friend? Lil Kim, Gabrielle Union, we know where they ended up.

Asked and answered, thank you IMDB - actress is Tamara Mello. This was the highlight of her career. Fun fact, she's of Azorean descent. I have no idea what that means.

Locker room fight. Paul Walker ain't having it.

Commercial break

JB's iron man mega minutes strategy this season made us borderline NIT and ..

now you wanna go back , jack and do it again ?
wheels turning round and round.

Btw, another element of this transfer news I'm really enjoying, is these claims that Goodine is a Providence level player.

Which is fantastic, because if true, we decided to prioritize locking up that level of player year before he'd see a minute playing for us. Boss move.

This should pretty much confirm Jalen staying I think. Same amount of eligibility.

Besides BJ, I can't think of anyone who became quite good leaving SU recently over playing time. I do think a better allocation of minutes would benefit the team, but can't remember a long list of folks we wished had stayed.
Depends on what you mean by recently. Hughes was player of the year in the A-10 Manning and Lazur were both all pac second team. Manning actually played in the NBA

JB's iron man mega minutes strategy this season made us borderline NIT and ..

now you wanna go back , jack and do it again ?
wheels turning round and round.

You truly think we would’ve won more games if we played the bench more? This team had more talent than 18-14?

And your borderline NIT comment is speculation. I say we beat Louisville (7-0 against teams the second time we played them!) due to Jimmy’s adjustments, work ND/Virginia again(9-0!) and then finish the job against FSU the second time around(10-0). Prove me wrong!

And this is one where the system makes the player worse. I’m sorry but Joe has ultimate green light always and his last 4 games he shot 16 pct versus unc. 28 in another game. 22 pct in another and 29 in another. All while playing 27 mins plus. Give that deal to everyone and see what happens and maybe kids like this won’t transfer

Depends on what you mean by recently. Hughes was player of the year in the A-10 Manning and Lazur were both all pac second team. Manning actually played in the NBA
Rich Manning left for UW in '91 the year after I came here! Really don't remember Lazor much, but I will say neither are recent.

I'm not done yet.

I got some ice cream during the commercial break. Don't worry, I'm not going to provide running commentary on the commercials.

I lied. This Noom commercial, I don't believe it.

Zack just visited Laney's private place. Not like that, you perv.

The Dartmouth monologue is a classic example of white masculine privilege.

So did you ever think about why she was all that? I mean, there's no dispute - she was all that. But why?

The freestyle rap narration about the prom queen battle is EXACTLY like I remember highschool in 99.

Commercial break

Surprised, but in the time he played, he couldn't shoot or finish strongly at the rim. If could have done one of those, he'd have got more time.
Man, so many of you forget there are two ends of a basketball court.

This movie is going to have a 4 hour run time based on the length of these commercial breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom