Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Yup we are and we need to upgrade the talent. BG is no real scoring threat and has marginal athleticism. I have no idea if Kadary can play at Syracuse either, but he's longer, better perpetrator and is far quicker and more athletic.
Marginal athleticism? Compared to Joe and Buddy? Are ye blind?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer cameo!

Oh, this scene is gross. I wonder if Pop is going to fully commit to it. You know what I'm talking about.

Did Hoover pay for that mention? Weird use of product placement. Not really a scene to associate with your brand, but, whatevs.

Pop fully committed to it. I'm impressed.

"Think about the prom some more, we'd have an ok time I think." That is a gold pickup line.

Oh man, Animal House dad. Incredible casting.

Commercial break already? You gotta be kidding me.

So maybe it’s not JB but BG.

The main guards are starting to line up for the next three years- Buddy/JG3/Kadary/Dior..
One of those things is not like the other.

Lol. Yeah. Because that’s all he’s beaten.

How about “good job in being the winningest coach in Big East play”?
Come on dude. Big East and Syracuse divorced years ago.

I liked Goodine.

JB saw these guys play nearly every day for 7 months. Based on seeing that, he gave Joe 35+ minutes. Clearly JB thought Joe was a better option this year.

I agree JB didn’t play the back ups enough. But the amount of people who think Goodine is a better player than JG based on seeing him for 50 minutes in the past 10 games is ridiculous. HoWash got more PT than Goodine lately too. Sure, Goodine could be better eventually but JB has seen Goodine play more than all of us
JB also had Joe lead the team to a record barely better than 500 this year.

1. Buddy better shooter than goodine based on what we have seen collectively
2. Girard better playmaker for others than goodine
3. Girard more capable scorer and better ability to get hot on offense than goodine
4. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
5. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
6. Goodine better defender than Buddy
7. Goodine better defender than Girard

I am not arguing he didn’t get a chance earlier in the season to show some more. I’m not arguing he should have started over Buddy and Girard. I am arguing that there were plenty of moments when our starting backcourt simply was not providing the adequate offensive firepower needed to overcome the defense liabilities they both are, and because of that think it’s completely fair to have wanted some more minutes for Goodine based on points 4-7 above.

All of those points can be true.

Edit- and I’ll say this again. Buddy played 45 minutes against Miami. I don’t care what his last name is. 45 minutes.

Last edited:
I feel like that was the debate with Jerami Grant too - his Freshman year. Could he play more minutes? Nope. He wasn't getting minutes against good teams, all he can do is dunk, raw, wasn't ready. Then, Fair got hurt, and it was like, "ohhhh, maybe he can contribute against good teams." So, I do think sometimes that "nothing" isn't an accurate representation of skills.

It was the same with BJ Johnson. He can do a lot - but he just can't hit shots yet! Except any game he played long enough to hoist a few threes, his percentage on threes skyrocketed...because, I'd guess, being on the court after you miss your first shot matters.

Goodine suddenly looks less clueless when taking over for an injured Buddy...

I tend to think there are reasons why these under-performing kids seem to do better when some injury suddenly thrusts them into situations where they have to play 20+ minutes.

I don't know.
Yes, you do know.

Oh, this scene is gross. I wonder if Pop is going to fully commit to it. You know what I'm talking about.

Did Hoover pay for that mention? Weird use of product placement. Not really a scene to associate with your brand, but, whatevs.

"Think about the prom some more, we'd have an ok time I think." That is a gold pickup line.

Running commentary of She’s All That. The board is gonna get WEIRD with this sports hiatus & I’m so here for it.

Do you have Prime?

This would suck.
We have to lose atleast 1 scholarship player at the very least.
Goodine would be a tough loss. I don't care he struggled this year. He showed he was a player who could develop.
Very disappointing. I guess with kids being off campus and Jim and staff not being able to meet with them, it hurt their ability to spell out their expectations and roles for next season. I was very much looking forward to seeing what Brycen could do with an off season development year.

Ok, so where does She's All That land on the late 90s highschool movies list? I think it's top 4.

I go

4. Can't Hardly Wait
3. She's All That
2. Varsity Blues
1. 10 Things I Hate About You

Fight me.

Anyway, some stuff happened in the movie while I was thinking about that, but aside from "AM I A BET?" it was all boring stuff. We're at a commercial break already.

Ok, so where does She's All That land on the late 90s highschool movies list? I think it's top 4.

I go

4. Can't Hardly Wait
3. She's All That
2. Varsity Blues

Fight me.

Anyway, some stuff happened in the movie while I was thinking about that, but aside from "AM I A BET?" it was all boring stuff. We're at a commercial break already.

Cant Hardly Wait definitely got the most run in my circles.

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, not sure why anyone is surprised. Expect at least one more.
How was “the writing on the wall”?

Ugh the bad news keeps on coming. Hopefully he changes his mind. I still think the kid has a bright future. Maybe this means Carey is staying.

There is absolutely no reason why Goodine wasn’t splitting more minutes with Girard and Boeheim to end the year.
He made the defense a lot better and one of those 2 on the floor with him is good shooting.
Jim Boeheim and his game 7 coaching every single game really hurts with these prospects.

We are going to have room for Tape and Towns though. So we better get them.

Great post.

Man, only Zack could make taking your sister to prom seem cool.

Usher in the hooooouuuuuse! (The whole conceit that Usher is like this highschool voice from the heavens that teaches the entire student body how to dance is just perfect. Every highschool had a kid like that, right?)

Fat Boy Slim!!!

So true story, Jody Lyn O'Keefe demanded that she be in the choreographed dance scene. It's probably the best acting she does in this whole movie.

"I go to school with 500 chicks." That's how you introduce yourself.

Ace timing by the art teacher to tell Laney her art has gotten better, at prom, but what kind of message is this that it all happened because she found a man. Patriarchy!

Holy crap, Paul Walker paid $300 for a hotel room? As a highschool kid? In '99?!?!?! Was it the Presidential Suite?

COMMERCIAL BREAK ALREADY?!?!?!? You suck, Pop.

They weren't guarding him during the first 3 months of the season? He was averaging 15 ppg then, too.

So my question is he what does bring to the team when he is not chucking. We can’t even make he NIT don’t how how you can defend this ceo and his management.

Alright, so let's get real for a second about these 90s classic highschool movies.

If you had to choose which highschool to go to from the Holy Quartet (Can't Hardly Wait, She's All That, Varsity Blues, and 10 Things I Hate About You), which one would you pick and why?

I think I would have done well at the school in 10 Things I Hate About You. I had a decent amount of social mobility in highschool, and had a certain amount of freedom to roam around the different cliques. The highschool in 10 Things is established very early on to have extremely clear hierarchies and social groups. They're incredibly obvious. I feel like I would have navigated that pretty well, had some good friends, been moderately successful with ladies from different social circles, and just in general had some fun.

Granted, I'm white, so I would have been fine at any of those schools.

Oh, you weren't ready for a hard left turn like that were you?

Well, truth is, certain aspects of those movies haven't aged all that well, but sadly, they hold a mirror up to the society at the time. We've come a long way in valuing diversity and understanding the experiences of other people.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed, but you can’t blame him. Why should he wait around if both starters the next two years are going to play 40 minutes and then Dior comes in. He has no chance to get regular minutes. He basically is getting run off. When the staff is talking about brining in two grad transfers and you already lack room for your two recruits, it’s not easy to figure out he was asked to leave.
I highly doubt that. Brycen’s upside is far higher than Washington’s.

These commercials are really stretching this out. It's ridiculous.

I'm raising the white flag. I know, I know, I'm letting you down. You came here for information about Brycen Goodine's decision to transfer, and found yourself pleasantly surprised to be immersed in a She's All That stream of consciousness live posting.

Be strong. We live in the era of Coronavirus. The rules have changed but the players are the same. Except for Brycen Goodine, because he's leaving.

I go

4. Can't Hardly Wait
3. She's All That
2. Varsity Blues

Fight me.

No love for the original American Pie or Election?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom