Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

This is the same reporter who said on March 13 that everyone but Hughes is coming back.

Could just be a matter of different sources. First time, he heard from the staff. Second time, he heard from the team.

This is the same reporter who said on March 13 that everyone but Hughes is coming back.

We live in "fluid" times. ACC tournament & the Dance is being played without fans, less than 24 hours later both cancelled. :mad:

Could just be a matter of different sources. First time, he heard from the staff. Second time, he heard from the team.

Second story is hidden behind a pay wall.

Here's the teaser:

"Eventually, Syracuse will return to the court. Basketball will be played. Until then, the rotation could look a bit different: Elijah Hughes will almost certainly enter the 2020 NBA Draft and three other players have said they may transfer, according to several people familiar with the matter."

After reading this article...he can go. He doesn’t have it. He worked really hard and didn’t get an opportunity? Maybe if he played better with his minutes. I was sad when I initially saw but his mentality isn’t a winner. He sounds like it isn’t fair he didn’t get minutes.

"It was a tough decision,'' Goodine said. “I worked really hard this year. I don’t want to work hard and not be able to play.

I don’t know if all of this rests on JB. If Buddy had a conscience he could’ve asked dad not to play him 39.9 minutes... unless of course he truly believed he deserved 39.9 minutes.
Yeah . Lots of players ask to play less.

Braswell and Washington wouldn’t make much sense to me.

Braswell could start or at least play big minutes. We’ll badly need a 3 that can shoot if Hughes leaves. If his legs are up to it, I can’t see why he’d leave...unless we’re getting Towns. Then it makes sense.

Washington is on the verge of solidifying a solid role as the backup PG if he can just improve his shooting a bit and become enough of a threat to make teams guard him on the perimeter. It’s not like he’s going to be a stud elsewhere. He’s a role player wherever he goes IMO - might as well be one at Syracuse where you’ve already been putting in the work and started seeing some time this year.

Braswell and Washington wouldn’t make much sense to me.

Braswell could start or at least play big minutes. We’ll badly need a 3 that can shoot if Hughes leaves. If his legs are up to it, I can’t see why he’d leave...unless we’re getting Towns. Then it makes sense.

Washington is on the verge of solidifying a solid role as the backup PG if he can just improve his shooting a bit and become enough of a threat to make teams guard him on the perimeter. It’s not like he’s going to be a stud elsewhere. He’s a role player wherever he goes IMO - might as well be one at Syracuse where you’ve already been putting in the work and started seeing some time this year.
I’ve heard this a few times. Are people comfortable with this?

The Devo comparison doesn’t work. Joe will never be a driver and finisher like Eric. Too small and doesn’t have the quick first step to get by.

Actually I thought he was much better putting the ball on the floor and penetrating the last third of the season but once he got there he absolutely was not a finisher. And we really did not have anyone he could dump off to either so the result was either forcing up a shot or kicking out and resetting.

I’ve heard this a few times. Are people comfortable with this?

If he shows he’s good enough? Once Hughes leaves he’s our only forward on the roster who can shoot the 3, so we don’t really have a ton of options.

S
If he shows he’s good enough? Once Hughes leaves he’s our only forward on the roster who can shoot the 3, so we don’t really have a ton of options.
So we have
Buddy
Girard
Sidibe
Dolezaj
Richmond
Newton
Edwards
Ajok
As locks

Washington
Braswell
in limbo

Carey
Hughes
Likely gone

Goodine
Gone

Does that look a NCAAT team?

I'd have been fine with Braswell getting solid PT. He seemed like a good defender, with good instincts, and he has a decent stroke too.
He’s been a wildcard in his time here. Almost no in game data to draw conclusions from, but some games he randomly got in and showed he can shoot. His athleticism was touted, and he’s clearly had some injury issues which is inversely proportional to the athletic part which is unfortunate. To me he seems like a quiet player. Surely capable, but easy to forget he’s on the court.

I have no problem with some solid PT. But big minutes and starting? Just so much limited data to predict what sort of production he can provide.

He’s been a wildcard in his time here. Almost no in game data to draw conclusions from, but some games he randomly got in and showed he can shoot. His athleticism was touted, and he’s clearly had some injury issues which is inversely proportional to the athletic part which is unfortunate. To me he seems like a quiet player. Surely capable, but easy to forget he’s on the court.

I have no problem with some solid PT. But big minutes and starting? Just so much limited data to predict what sort of production he can provide.

That's a fair assessment, IMO

S

So we have
Buddy
Girard
Sidibe
Dolezaj
Richmond
Newton
Edwards
Ajok
As locks

Washington
Braswell
in limbo

Carey
Hughes
Likely gone

Goodine
Gone

As others have said, if they're replaced by Towns and Tape, then it's a different story. If not, I agree that's a crap roster.

I think people are really underestimating Kadary next year. He already has a better handle than anyone on this years team except Girard. The difference is Kadary can get to anywhere he wants. We haven’t had someone like him in a long time. He‘s fearless at attacking the rim. We need someone next year who can penetrate and find people or just finish at the rim. He’s going to find minutes. He’s going to show in practice that he can defend all of our perimeter players. He’s great in the open court and he finds people. At 6’5” he might be able to play some three. From what I’ve seen, he brings things that we don’t currently have on the roster. I think he’s more talented than Goodine. He’s more fluid with the ball and he’s tough. We always need toughness. He reminds me of the kid that killed us from Oklahoma State, but with a better shot.
People keep saying they love goodines size, but am I the only one who thought he looked about 6’2”? He is solid on defense but not the length of battle, Howard, triche, MCW, cooney, etc. (and yes I know he is bigger then girard). I think Kadary could be just like Battle on the top of the zone if he puts in the work and learns the system. Kadary brings size, handles at the guard/forward spot. I could see him be the “SF” but bring the ball up whenever possible kind of like Hughes this year. Then have girard bring up the ball the other times. Kadary driving with girard and buddy spotting up could be HUGE. Let’s hope he is ready.

S

So we have
Buddy
Girard
Sidibe
Dolezaj
Richmond
Newton
Edwards
Ajok
As locks

Washington
Braswell
in limbo

Carey
Hughes
Likely gone

Goodine
Gone

The main guys will determine that. And given that our best guys will probably be Dolezaj and Buddy...I’d say probably not. Unless Dolezaj suddenly becomes a 3 point shooter and gets like an efficient 17 and 8. You’ve pretty much gotta have an all conference level player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom