Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

B- to C+ personally. Not bad but not the best
This is exactly how I would grade it.
I also am a realist and look at the future.
I don’t see next year being much different than this year unless we get Towns and Tape which the Athletic article thinks isn’t likely.

This is just Phat's and your's opinion; I see little basis for it.

I think what some are saying is that even with 12-14 mpg Goodine still would’ve left. He doesn’t want 12-14 mpg. He wants to start.

"It was a tough decision,'' Goodine said. “I worked really hard this year. I don’t want to work hard and not be able to play.

I mean, what do you do? You're trying to wrestle minutes away from someone being evaluated on a different scale.

Buddy has to shoot. That's it. And if he's not making shots, as he did not do the last 1/3rd of the year, it's fine, because he can shoot in the future, or did in the past, or something.

Goodine played well when Buddy was hurt... And it still meant nothing. He immediately dropped below HoWa in the rotation.

If you think earning minutes now, and in the future, is blocked by that - you have to face the fact that just maybe nothing you do will be enough to get minutes.

If I had one wish, it wouldn't be for money or power. It would be for a "life simulator" where I could plug all you "experts" in to coach this team for the last 5 years and see what results you would have gotten.

A lot of you here are VERY full of yourselves. You've never coached a single game, but you have ALL the answers. :rolleyes:

Jimmy transfers in to take his spot. ;)
Best post ever. And it's not just our hoop team. people that can't balance their check books have all the answers about everything

Best post ever. And it's not just our hoop team. people that can't balance their check books have all the answers about everything

This is the sports version of Trump supporters saying, well, if you were so smart why aren't you a bajillionaire President!

This is the sports version of Trump supporters saying, well, if you were so smart why aren't you a bajillionaire President!
No. It's just calling people out who think they always know more than the people actually doing the job. Imagine if our lives were put out in front on a message board. LOL Can you imagine what people would say about our decisions?

No. It's just calling people out who think they always know more than the people actually doing the job. Imagine if our lives were put out in front on a message board. LOL Can you imagine what people would say about our decisions?

Of course Jared Kushner should be leading the charge against the Coronavirus vía Facebook! Can't question it. President decided and what are you, you're not a President! The audacity of people nowadays!

That's kinda the purpose of a message board. It's not a direct portal to communicate with JB.

Of course Jared Kushner should be leading the charge against the Coronavirus vía Facebook! Can't question it. President decided and what are you, you're not a President! The audacity of people nowadays!

That's kinda the purpose of a message board. It's not a direct portal to communicate with JB.
You can complain all you want. I don't care. I just find it funny that people who have never played , never coached, know more than JB. That's just me. And by the way, Jb has a radio show where people can call in and say whatever they want to him but most never do.

Last edited:
Here is the rub the way I see it- Joe makes mistakes but also makes plays. He also goes out and plays confidently and aggressively. Right now we need that at every position. Brycen is going to be really good. He was not however aggressive and confident in his game and simply dissapeared or couldn't put the ball in the basket.

Some of that is a lack of opportunity no doubt. That is on coach. With that said, the ability and inclination to make things happen is key vs letting guys develop at least from a guard play perspective.

I think he could have come out and been the guy who says ' I got this' and locked his spot into a key role. Not sure that is his personality or maybe he doesn't feel confident enough he can make that happen by next year. Wish all the best for the kid. There are a few other guys gunning for that opportunity he just left open.

You can complain all you want. I don't care. I just find it funny that people who have never played, never coached, know more than JB. That's just me. And by the way, Jb has a radio show where people can call in and say whatever they want to him but most never do.

Never played, never coached, never watched a minute of practice.

But I'll bet they can blindly throw darts against a wall and get one of them to stick.

You can complain all you want. I don't care. I just find it funny that people who have never played, never coached, know more than JB. That's just me. And by the way, Jb has a radio show where people can call in and say whatever they want to him but most never do.

The guy who shows just enough that people think he might possibly be kinda good, that gets limited playing time is always these types of fans’ guy.

I mean, what do you do? You're trying to wrestle minutes away from someone being evaluated on a different scale.

Buddy has to shoot. That's it. And if he's not making shots, as he did not do the last 1/3rd of the year, it's fine, because he can shoot in the future, or did in the past, or something.

Goodine played well when Buddy was hurt... And it still meant nothing. He immediately dropped below HoWa in the rotation.

If you think earning minutes now, and in the future, is blocked by that - you have to face the fact that just maybe nothing you do will be enough to get minutes.
I understand which really sort of makes the guard situation toxic...even if unintended.

As I said later why can he not compete with JG3 for starting guard? To me it is weak to just give up. If he spent the off-season getting better who knows. JB I feel would have pulled JG3 a few times when he took those half court 3’s. Would be a better mentality to say...JB I dare you to take me off the floor. If he is clearly better then one or both and JB still gives him 5 minutes then by all means leave. I just think the whole...I worked really hard and didn’t get what I wanted so I am leaving is real weak. Probably why he didn’t get on the floor in the first place.

Also, Carey was supposed to take a leap this year. SO he would have been competing with both boeheim and Carey for minutes. Just replace Carey with JG3. He came in knowing all this

You can complain all you want. I don't care. I just find it funny that people who have never played played , never coached, know more than JB. That's just me. And by the way, Jb has a radio show where people can call in and say whatever they want to him but most never do.
Who are talking about? Is everyone lumped together?
I am not like the guy after this who will circle the wagons and won’t call a spade a spade.

We have people who don’t think sanctions were a big deal, we have people who realize they hurt but not a complete killer as to why we have fallen, and we have people who think the sanctions are why depth was a problem and the HC did nothing wrong.

For the record I believe you Dasher are on the second category.
You don’t kill the guy and don’t pretend what has happened isn’t the HC fault.

Who are talking about? Is everyone lumped together?
I am not like the guy after this who will circle the wagons and won’t call a spade a spade.

We have people who don’t think sanctions were a big deal, we have people who realize they hurt but not killer, and we have people who think the sanctions are why depth was a problem and the HC did nothing wrong.
Was that suppose to be who are you talking about? If it was it was the majority of the message board. JB is not above being called out. But most times, people have zero idea what is going on inside the program. And if they did, they would know that their views are way off base. For the most part, the kids that leave here, never really amount to much as far as basketball goes. Maybe these guys will be different.

I understand which really sort of makes the guard situation toxic...even if unintended.

As I said later why can he not compete with JG3 for starting guard? To me it is weak to just give up. If he spent the off-season getting better who knows. JB I feel would have pulled JG3 a few times when he took those half court 3’s. Would be a better mentality to say...JB I dare you to take me off the floor. If he is clearly better then one or both and JB still gives him 5 minutes then by all means leave. I just think the whole...I worked really hard and didn’t get what I wanted so I am leaving is real weak. Probably why he didn’t get on the floor in the first place.

Also, Carey was supposed to take a leap this year. SO he would have been competing with both boeheim and Carey for minutes. Just replace Carey with JG3. He came in knowing all this
Donovan McNabb said it's pretty known that JB doesn't play the best basketball players, and players are pretty aware of it.

It doesn't actually matter who's better or how they do in practice. It matters who's ordained to play. It's black and white.

Was that suppose to be who are you talking about? If it was it was the majority of the message board. JB is not above being called out. But most times, people have zero idea what is going on inside the program. And if they did, they would know that their views are way off base. For the most part, the kids that leave here, never really amount to much as far as basketball goes. Maybe these guys will be different.
It’s just annoying that our problems have been visible for years and they don’t change.

Lack of post offense, lack of quality depth, off the court drama, recruiting has been average.

We rinse, repeat, wash. It’s not like when people were complaining during the 2011-2012 season about style points.
Those complaints were stupid.

It’s just annoying that our problems have been visible for years and they don’t change.

Lack of post offense, lack of quality depth, off the court drama, recruiting has been average.

We rinse, repeat, wash. It’s not like when people were complaining during the 2011-2012 season about style points.
Those complaints were stupid.
We will have another coach soon enough. Of all the issues you listed, I hope the one cleaned up most is the off the court drama.

This resonates with me.

Although it's a bit unfair that it does.

We did see a big leap in improvement on offense this season. We really we're a much better team on that end of the floor.

This resonates with me.

Although it's a bit unfair that it does.

We did see a big leap in improvement on offense this season. We really we're a much better team on that end of the floor.
The offense was better.
There is zero doubt about that.
We weren’t complete offensively though.
When we made shots we were really good.
When we didn’t we struggled.

We played faster this year as well.
So why didn’t we play offense/defense in tight games?

Donovan McNabb said it's pretty known that JB doesn't play the best basketball players, and players are pretty aware of it.

It doesn't actually matter who's better or how they do in practice. It matters who's ordained to play. It's black and white.
He normally does that with upperclassmen. I don’t think JG3 has earned it yet. But honestly what do I know. I’m no insider. Just a guy that wants to see the team win.

Everyone needs to chill out. This literally happens to every other D1 program. The "system" is not broken at Syracuse. Goodine playing 10 more minutes a game would not have saved our season. Relax

How many things do you need to see happen before you’ll realize it’s broken? We have had 6 straight 10-plus loss seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom