Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

I'll wager on that one. I recommend visiting Richmond's thread and seeing what he did over the past couple of weeks and the talent level he did it against. Goodine, as good as he will be still is not at that level nor was he in HS.
Yeah...but how does he look in practice? ;)

This is the same reporter who said on March 13 that everyone but Hughes is coming back.

I thought JB said on his radio show 2 weeks ago something to the effect of everybody is coming back or everybody who plays is coming back? so much for that

Lol
this-is-fine.0.jpg

6 years?

1 FF
2 S16
8 All-Conference Selections (3 First teams)
24 players currently playing professionally

so you’re satisfied with double digit losses every year, no seed over 8, a few NITs, not being competitive for a conference title ever. Hold on to those two tourney runs if they make you feel better - they don't tell the big picture though.

I'll wager on that one. I recommend visiting Richmond's thread and seeing what he did over the past couple of weeks and the talent level he did it against. Goodine, as good as he will be still is not at that level nor was he in HS.

it’ll be the same old same old. Kadary will get a few minutes just like the rest of them...

If the choice was between how I would do and how Boeheim would do, that's a no-brainer. Boeheim would win out. But that's not the real option. Everyone eventually gets to a point when they're no longer at the top of their game. Is it that hard for people to accept this?

Exactly. He’s measured by beating other coaches and programs. And we are getting our a**es handed to us.

Whats the point of bringing in another guard, Buddy and Joe G will play 38-40 minutes a game.

Would anyone be surprised if the same thing happens next off season and Kadary transfers, I definitely will not be. I've resigned myself to this until buddy leaves and just pray Dior actually makes it here and we can have an above average type season again.

Really bummed to see Goodine go. I was hoping he'd take on a larger role at point next year. A huge upgrade atop The zone

I like the people that claim he got no shot but JB saw him practice every day for 7 months. The implication that giving him 8 minutes more per game is “giving him a shot” like it outweighs everything that happens in practice. Don’t people think if JG and Goodine performed close to equal in practice they both would have played? JB saw both these kids play WAY more than any of us have and still barely gave Goodine any run.

Btw, Carey still leaves. Hopefully HoWash stays now though.

And they recruited him for how many years? How do we keep recruiting these kids who cant play basketball?

Our coaches get kudos over and over getting these diamond in the rough and when they play to their ranking and when the kid leaves right away it's all the kids fault.

If our staff cant evaluate the talent we're bringing in it's a problem.

I’m sure he had that opportunity. I’m sure JB wanted him back snd told him where he needed to improve to earn more minutes. Either Goodine didn’t agree, or he thought that no matter what he did, he would never play

Earn minutes? Not happening with the great white hopes on the roster.

He doesn’t penetrate and make a defense collapse.
He doesn’t feed the post well.
The kid is a gamer and a player that played really well because we needed a Pg and he did the job.

His play was okay. I don’t think he is a natural PG. I said he is a smarter version of Eric Devendorf.

I think Eric had a way better basketball iq than Joe does.

Everyone needs to chill out. This literally happens to every other D1 program. The "system" is not broken at Syracuse. Goodine playing 10 more minutes a game would not have saved our season. Relax

If the system isn't broken then what is it?

I think what some are saying is that even with 12-14 mpg Goodine still would’ve left. He doesn’t want 12-14 mpg. He wants to start.

Yeah but at least if he played 12 minutes a game this year he'd have an opportunity to shine in game moments. . He didnt even have that opportunity.

I think that is crap. Sadly, like a lot of things Donovan says. Does anyone really think that JB doesn't want to win? Such nonsense.
That is dumb by Mcnabb. Jimmy wants to win more than anyone and some of this is certainly winning short term vs long term. This case revolves around perception issues that are obviously real and top of mind for a bunch of players on roster. Always knew it would be difficult to coach your son and manage playing time. I don’t think jimmy has handled it well at all. Can’t be good for the locker room.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom