Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Donovan McNabb said it's pretty known that JB doesn't play the best basketball players, and players are pretty aware of it.

It doesn't actually matter who's better or how they do in practice. It matters who's ordained to play. It's black and white.
I think that is crap. Sadly, like a lot of things Donovan says. Does anyone really think that JB doesn't want to win? Such nonsense.

Donovan McNabb said it's pretty known that JB doesn't play the best basketball players, and players are pretty aware of it.

It doesn't actually matter who's better or how they do in practice. It matters who's ordained to play. It's black and white.

Never trust someone who smiles in his mugshot

1584213745704.png

For the record I believe you Dasher are on the second category.
You don’t kill the guy and don’t pretend what has happened isn’t the HC fault.
I think both are at fault imo

1. Buddy better shooter than goodine based on what we have seen collectively
2. Girard better playmaker for others than goodine
3. Girard more capable scorer and better ability to get hot on offense than goodine
4. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
5. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
6. Goodine better defender than Buddy
7. Goodine better defender than Girard

I am not arguing he didn’t get a chance earlier in the season to show some more. I’m not arguing he should have started over Buddy and Girard. I am arguing that there were plenty of moments when our starting backcourt simply was not providing the adequate offensive firepower needed to overcome the defense liabilities they both are, and because of that think it’s completely fair to have wanted some more minutes for Goodine based on points 4-7 above.

All of those points can be true.

Edit- and I’ll say this again. Buddy played 45 minutes against Miami. I don’t care what his last name is. 45 minutes.
Thank you. Why folks can't understand that these issues do not need to be absolutist or mutually exclusive, is beyond me. This isn't about whether JG/Buddy suck, or that BG was "better". For me its about a HC who absolutely refuses to develop depth, and has a flexible and pliable leash for some, and not for others,
If Goodine was given the same rope that Buddy and JG got, I submit he'd be returning. Who can blame him for wanting out?

Last edited:
I’ll clarify my thoughts. It’s JB’s fault for not playing BG more and BB and JG less. However I think BG is running away instead of rising to the occasion and also didn’t fully prove himself

1. Buddy better shooter than goodine based on what we have seen collectively
2. Girard better playmaker for others than goodine
3. Girard more capable scorer and better ability to get hot on offense than goodine
4. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
5. Goodine much more quick and athletic than Buddy
6. Goodine better defender than Buddy
7. Goodine better defender than Girard

I am not arguing he didn’t get a chance earlier in the season to show some more. I’m not arguing he should have started over Buddy and Girard. I am arguing that there were plenty of moments when our starting backcourt simply was not providing the adequate offensive firepower needed to overcome the defense liabilities they both are, and because of that think it’s completely fair to have wanted some more minutes for Goodine based on points 4-7 above.

All of those points can be true.

Edit- and I’ll say this again. Buddy played 45 minutes against Miami. I don’t care what his last name is. 45 minutes.

This is so spot on! There were opportunities for Goodine and Ho Wash to get into the game when Boeheim and Girard we’re getting blown by on the top of the zone. Both were extremely good defenders. No reason to pair one offensive guy/one defensive guy at times throughout the game.

If I had one wish, it wouldn't be for money or power. It would be for a "life simulator" where I could plug all you "experts" in to coach this team for the last 5 years and see what results you would have gotten.

A lot of you here are VERY full of yourselves. You've never coached a single game, but you have ALL the answers. :rolleyes:

Jimmy transfers in to take his spot. ;)
Really? I’d take the money or power

If I had one wish, it wouldn't be for money or power. It would be for a "life simulator" where I could plug all you "experts" in to coach this team for the last 5 years and see what results you would have gotten.

A lot of you here are VERY full of yourselves. You've never coached a single game, but you have ALL the answers. :rolleyes:
Really? I’d take the money or power

I’ll clarify my thoughts. It’s JB’s fault for not playing BG more and BB and JG less. However I think BG is running away instead of rising to the occasion and also didn’t fully prove himself

Goodine wouldn’t have had a fair opportunity. Why try to compete for minutes when the outcome is already decided? He saw Buddy make like 20% percent of his threes the second half of the year and give open three after open three and still didn’t get a chance...not saying Buddy and Girard shouldn’t play or play a lot...but both could have played 22-30 minutes based on how they were doing earlier...

Goodine wouldn’t have had a fair opportunity. Why try to compete for minutes when the outcome is already decided? He saw Buddy make like 20% percent of his threes the second half of the year and give open three after open three and still didn’t get a chance...not saying Buddy and Girard shouldn’t play or play a lot...but both could have played 22-30 minutes based on how they were doing earlier...
Do you think Goodine would have played better then buddy? Curious

Do you think Goodine would have played better then buddy? Curious

Defensively—no doubt in my mind. There were some games Buddy was so off offensively and of course off defensively. Why couldn’t Goodine get those minutes? Watching him at the top of the zone and deflecting passes was nice to see.

I think that is crap. Sadly, like a lot of things Donovan says. Does anyone really think that JB doesn't want to win? Such nonsense.
I'm sure Kevin Stallings wanted to win, too. "Want" doesn't have anything to do with how well coaches are doing their job compared to other coaches on a year by year basis.

Does Hop not want to win?

Yes. Goodine is pretty much Gary Payton on the defensive end at this point.

I think he was in when BC hit like 500 3’s in a row though.
I don't know about Goodine, but that Kadary Richmond is going to be amazeballs. I figure top-15 next season with him playing as the third guard.

I'm sure Kevin Stallings wanted to win, too. "Want" doesn't have anything to do with how well coaches are doing their job compared to other coaches on a year by year basis.

Does Hop not want to win?
lol You bring Kevin Stallings up with JB? has anyone ever accused Stallings of not playing his best players? Or Hopkins? I'll hang up and listen for your answer

lol You bring Kevin Stallings up with JB? has anyone ever accused Stallings of not playing his best players? Or Hopkins? I'll hang up and listen for your answer
I only take exception to your implication that only good coaches want to win. All coaches want to win. Not all of them do.

He will get about 3 minutes a game

I'll wager on that one. I recommend visiting Richmond's thread and seeing what he did over the past couple of weeks and the talent level he did it against. Goodine, as good as he will be still is not at that level nor was he in HS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom