Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Good job sending Goodine off JB by not playing him. Good job beating the likes off Colgate, Cornell, Seattle University, Northeastern, etc. for 44 years. I’m angry. And have every right to be.

Lol. Yeah. Because that’s all he’s beaten.

How about “good job in being the winningest coach in Big East play”?

2 juniors and a sophomore, though... Rautins played less than Brycen as a freshman, but he stuck around
Goodine was a 4 star recruit.
Rautins was 2 star recruit.
SU recruited Rautins as a 4 year guy who was going to take some time.
4 star recruits shouldn't expect to be buried on the bench as Freshman. They would get playing time almost anywhere else as Freshman. Goodine was not recruited as a project.
This kid will be missed. It's a joke.

Carey and Braswell next?

Why would Braswell leave?

He’s got a legit shot at solid minutes and maybe even starting with Eli leaving.

(and yes - he gone. Eli, that is.)

Unless Kadary can play some 3, our F rotation for next year is most likely:
Marek, Q, Bras.

It looks like Woody is rounding into a nice player, but JB will almost always prefer the elder, experienced player unless the young’un is a stellar talent.
So he probably gets the typical Frosh treatment.

2020 and 2021- JG, Buddy, Kadary
2022 - JG, Kadary, Dior, ?

Shades of Tony Bland.

Good one! I could see Goodine projecting to being a Bland level player. Pretty similar games really, other than the much more demonstrative Bland throwing up the W every time he did something good. Bland seemed to see the handwriting on the wall with Deshaun Williams taking his minutes as the year went on.

I thought Brycen was an over rated recruit based on his performance this year. He was starting to play better at the end of the year but even then his shooting was just not there. Very correctable if he had been in the program a couple years but he must have figured he wasn't going to play over Buddy and Girard who were clearly the best starting guards.
Not sure why the negatives on Buddy, he was one of the top players in coaches voting for most improved this year. The way the game is played today, 3 pt shooters are a priority. He had multiple double digit games and it is highly doubtful any guard on the bench would have produced at that level.

Dion Waiters didn't start 1 game in the 71 career games he played at Syracuse.
I don't think Goodine was Waiters level good but the kid showed promise.

JB is so inconsistent how treats players. He stresses defense for some, he stresses offense for others.
Goodine could have played some games 30 MPG and other 5 MPG depending on he plays. However our HC thinks one way and that hurts us with these type of kids.
Joe Girard and Buddy Boeheim played too much this year. If we are losing Goodine and Carey how do we expect next to be any different?
I don't even think it came down to actual minutes. I think it might be more about the opportunity and the pecking order. Goodine was a "bigger" recruit than Joe. He probably feels he should be the starter and I am sure his people tell him that. None of us are there to see what goes on day to day. Yet a lot of people have opinions

Some how there were enough minutes for Brandon Triche, Dion Waters and Scoop Jardine but we can't mix Goodine in with Buddy and JG3.

It is so damn frustrating.
Too be fair, he didn't show what they showed. He might, but he hasn't yet.
Think he will be a fine college player.

This is too bad. Goodine appeared to be the perfect happy medium between the defense first mindset for guards of the past 5 years and the new Buddy-Joe forsaking defense for offense. Heck, the kid even literally won us a ballgame in very limited minutes.
Gotta wonder what Gmac, Autry and company think when they bust as.. to on-board a recruit and they bail so soon after, or get buried on bench

If Joe Girard got tenure this year we are screwed.
The kid is a nice player. There is no way we know he is a better player than Bryce Goodine.
Girard is a better shooter right now and can score more.
How the heck do we know that players can't improve and minutes get chopped up.

I am seriously pissed we are losing Goodine. We are going to be short in the backcourt next year now. Washington has to stay now.

If Joe Girard got tenure this year we are screwed.
The kid is a nice player. There is no way we know he is a better player than Bryce Goodine.
Girard is a better shooter right now and can score more.
How the heck do we know that players can't improve and minutes get chopped up.

I am seriously pissed we are losing Goodine. We are going to be short in the backcourt next year now. Washington has to stay now.

Girard was clearly a better ball handler too. Goodine didn’t look like a PG at this point at all.

Too be fair, he didn't show what they showed. He might, but he hasn't yet.
Think he will be a fine college player.
Goodine played in 23 games. He only got 8.7 MPG there is no way that is fair to the thing. Our HC treats every game like its game 7 he doesn't play the long game anymore.
This kid got screwed flat out. He didn't get a fair chance to show what he had. He didn't have the leash his fellow Freshman got.

Lol. Yeah. Because that’s all he’s beaten.

How about “good job in being the winningest coach in Big East play”?
DW, I respect you as a poster- but there’s really no defense of JB on this issue.
Buddy and JG played...Too..many...Minutes. JB rarely develops depth, and has shown more favoritism this year than I’ve ever seen before.
I’m a JB fan, but this absolutely sucks. Brycen was never given a legit shot, at least not one like the ones he gave to JG & Buddy.
This transfer was inevitable & I don’t blame the kid for walking away at all.
Again, JB...IMO, screwed the pooch. I think this is his “I’m out the door, so who gives a fcku” moment. Not good.

Goodine played in 23 games. He only got 8.7 MPG there is no way that is fair to the thing. Our HC treats every game like its game 7 he doesn't play the long game anymore.
This kid got screwed flat out. He didn't get a fair chance to show what he had. He didn't have the leash his fellow Freshman got.

Eh. Girard played good right from the beginning and earned his chance. Goodine looked terrible early on. Then he had the mask.

Wouldve liked to have seen more of him at the end particularly after the Buddy sprained ankle game. IMO he showed enough to earn more minutes the rest of the way than he got.

Why would Braswell leave?

He’s got a legit shot at solid minutes and maybe even starting with Eli leaving.

(and yes - he gone. Eli, that is.)

Unless Kadary can play some 3, our F rotation for next year is most likely:
Marek, Q, Bras.

It looks like Woody is rounding into a nice player, but JB will almost always prefer the elder, experienced player unless the young’un is a stellar talent.
So he probably gets the typical Frosh treatment.
Braswell starting? That’ll be something.

DW, I respect you as a poster- but there’s really no defense of JB on this issue.
Buddy and JG played...Too..many...Minutes.
He rarely develops depth, and has shown more favoritism this year than I’ve ever seen before.
I’m a JB fan, but this absolutely sucks. Brycen was never given a legit shot, at least not one like the ones he gave to JG & Buddy.
This transfer was inevitable & I don’t blame the kid for walking away at all.
Again, JB...IMO, screwed the pooch. I think this is his “I’m out the door, so who gives a fcku” moment. Not good.

I wasn’t defending him on this issue I was taking issue with the guys crybaby rant about “good job beating Colgate and Northwestern and Seattle for 44 years.”

People don’t get to just say stuff like that BS because they have an issue with Goodine’s PT.

You think Goodine got enough minutes to prove that?
He only played in 14 conference games at 6.8MPG in those games.
That is not enough to give a fair evaluation.

Early on? Yes. He didn’t get minutes in conference because he sucked early on, IMO.

He looked to be coming on at the end though. Would’ve liked to see more of him the last couple weeks.

Goodine was a 4 star recruit.
Rautins was 2 star recruit.
SU recruited Rautins as a 4 year guy who was going to take some time.
4 star recruits shouldn't expect to be buried on the bench as Freshman. They would get playing time almost anywhere else as Freshman. Goodine was not recruited as a project.
This kid will be missed. It's a joke.
He'll be missed, for sure. Bummed to see him go, but wish him well.

He should call Jahvon Quinerly - they can commiserate about how their coaches buried them and didn't give them minutes even though they were highly rated.

Eh. Girard played good right from the beginning and earned his chance. Goodine looked terrible early on. Then he had the mask.

Wouldve liked to have seen more of him at the end particularly after the Buddy sprained ankle game. IMO he showed enough to earn more minutes the rest of the way than he got.
Girard had 3 points and 2 assists against Virginia. That is not good.
The kid got the job and his PER was average while playing 33MPG. Goodine was not given the rope Girard got.

JB treats every game like its the last. He doesn't play the long and with our program right now that is a major problem.
Who the bleep cares about being mediocre. We don't think about the long game.

I wasn’t defending him on this issue I was taking issue with the guys crybaby rant about “good job beating Colgate and Northwestern and Seattle for 44 years.”

People don’t get to just say stuff like that BS because they have an issue with Goodine’s PT.

JB needs to start using some of his bench. He did more so in the past. 3-4 guys are playing 38-40 minutes a game. Guys will continue to leave due to lack of playing time when the guys in front of them aren’t much much better.

I liked Goodine.

JB saw these guys play nearly every day for 7 months. Based on seeing that, he gave Joe 35+ minutes. Clearly JB thought Joe was a better option this year.

I agree JB didn’t play the back ups enough. But the amount of people who think Goodine is a better player than JG based on seeing him for 50 minutes in the past 10 games is ridiculous. HoWash got more PT than Goodine lately too. Sure, Goodine could be better eventually but JB has seen Goodine play more than all of us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom