Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Friday Conf Tourney (It's not over)

Very nice day

Xavier 86 - LOSE
Marquette 85 -
Wake Forest 85 -
USC 83 -
Vanderbilt 81 - Elite Win
Providence 80 -
Kansas St 78 - LOSE
Rhode Island 40 - Minor Win
-----IN/OUT-------
Syracuse 35
Illinois St 25
Cal 6 - LOSE
Georgia 4 - LOSE
Houston 3 - LOSE
Illinois 3
TCU 1
Iowa 1 - LOSE
Indiana 0 - LOSE

The bubble is really thinning out at this point. All that is left to worry about is bubble busters. If there are no bubble busters the worst we can conceivably be in my view is first team out on the matrix. That means the committee only needs to view us as better than one team above us. (Rhode Island / Kansas St / USC)

As for the bubble busters
Middle Tennessee St must keep on winning (WIN)
Cincy/SMU must win AAC (BOTH ADVANCE)
Dayton/VCU must win A-10 (ONLY VCU ADVANCES)T
It would be nice if Nevada wins the MWC (WINNING)

At the end of the day we took one blow - that is Dayton falling. VCU is now key.
TCU lost

At this point I don't think it could be much closer for us come Sunday afternoon in terms of in vs out. There is a jumble of 10 or so teams (including SU) for which you can make compelling arguments either way.

upload_2017-3-10_23-43-36.png

Nevada coming back strong from an 11 point first half deficit. They should make the final. Only gave them a minor chance at an at-large but don't want them there.

remind me of the grand total

The fields of 68 teams that participate in the men's tournament are filled as follows:
  • 32 automatic berths
    • 31 conference tournament champions
    • The Ivy League regular-season champion. Starting in the 2016-17 season, the top four teams that finish with the best record will compete in a four-team conference tournament to which the winner will represent the Ivy League in the men's tournament.
  • At-large berths
    • 36 in the men's tournament

Oh boy. Cuse/USC would be wild for me. Bleed Orange but went to USC, ha. Lydon would need to really step it up. Chimezie Metu is the best PF/C nobody knows about. DraftExpress has him 41 (Lydon 25) in the Top 100 prospects.
Me too with son going there also, And teaching one semester, and still involved with games program in engineering with judging games projects. Ehhh SU over USC though for me.

Listening to him, I
The fields of 68 teams that participate in the men's tournament are filled as follows:
  • 32 automatic berths
    • 31 conference tournament champions
    • The Ivy League regular-season champion. Starting in the 2016-17 season, the top four teams that finish with the best record will compete in a four-team conference tournament to which the winner will represent the Ivy League in the men's tournament.
  • At-large berths
    • 36 in the men's tournament
thank you. I was joking. I just can't see how they could already have the 36 at large teams.
feel better about our chances.

Watching Zona / UCLA for personal bracket insight. I like the Pac this year.
Top 3 anyway...

Watching Zona / UCLA for personal bracket insight. I like the Pac this year.
Top 3 anyway...
conference of champions. Hopefully they don't embarrass themselves like they did last year.

or he/the committee had that statement ready to go regardless of what's actually transpiring behind closed doors :noidea:

Listening to him, I

thank you. I was joking. I just can't see how they could already have the 36 at large teams.
feel better about our chances.

Think you misunderstood. Listen to the interview and yes he says they have 36 at large teams, but that includes teams that can still win their tourney and get moved to auto. For example, Duke and ND are both in that 36 but the winner of the game gets auto and the at large is down to 35 so they will add one.

conference of champions. Hopefully they don't embarrass themselves like they did last year.
They're better this year.

or he/the committee had that statement ready to go regardless of what's actually transpiring behind closed doors :noidea:
I don't know about that. I don't honestly see where that helps them. Or makes them look good either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom