Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Thursday Tourney Week

That is a real bad loss. Figures it would happen we actually needed Kansas to win for a change.

TCU still needs to beat ISU tomorrow to have a chance. they were 6-12 in conference, even with this big win they are still outside the bubble. KU blew it for sure

When is the last time the committee mentioned a team's conference record? It's irrelevant.

Its not irrelevant, its a factor, they were 6 games under 500 in their league, they still have to win another game.

TCU still needs to beat ISU tomorrow to have a chance. they were 6-12 in conference, even with this big win they are still outside the bubble. KU blew it for sure

I agree I was talking about Kansas, to blow that lead with the ball under 2, just brutal.

TCU lost 7 in a row to finish the season. They need to win tomorrow to even be back in the conversation, and that still may not be enough

TCU needs to win the tournament to get in, imo.

We have more good wins than they do.
This win will give TCU a Top 30 KenPom rating, a Sagarin somewhere in the 30's and BPI likely around 40. Better ratings than Syracuse.

Some of you are a tad delusional, imo. These are exactly the type of outcomes Syracuse cannot afford.

This win will give TCU a Top 30 KenPom rating, a Sagarin somewhere in the 30's and BPI likely around 40. Better ratings than Syracuse.

Some of you are a tad delusional, imo. These are exactly the type of outcomes Syracuse cannot afford.
You're the only one who thinks that TCU just got themselves a bid so maybe everyone else isn't delusional...

California - Utah about to start on the Pac 12 Network. I don't get it in HD but not too picky when it comes to March Madness.

You're the only one who thinks that TCU just got themselves a bid so maybe everyone else isn't delusional...
I didn't say they got themselves a bid. I said I wouldn't be surprised. You know, based on actual evidence.

California - Utah about to start on the Pac 12 Network. I don't get it in HD but not too picky when it comes to March Madness.

I don't get it at all, lets go Utes, whatever a Ute is.

6-12 conference record.

7 game losing streak going into today.

That's evidence. Numbers can be inflated in many ways.
Last 10 used to be a criteria. I haven't seen anything to say it still is. Same for conference record. Do you have a link?

I don't get it at all, lets go Utes, whatever a Ute is.

405f745191d0a376892d81d23e740e87.jpg

I must be the odd man out, but I never root for Kansas, Duke, or Kentucky. I don't care who they're playing, or even how it affects our tourney chances.

Sure I'd like to see us make the dance, but we've done enough to put that in question. Reminds me of Pogo. (the comic strip)

I agree I was talking about Kansas, to blow that lead with the ball under 2, just brutal.

Not quite Paul Harris - Pittsburgh bad imho, but I was sure mentally chalking up a win for them.

TCU [19-14 (6-12), RPI: 77, SOS: 39] In addition to crystallizing why we're mildly terrified of taking Kansas to the deepest reaches of our NCAA tournament bracket, Thursday's Sprint Center upset also resurrected TCU's tournament hopes. Don't go too crazy. The appropriate resurrection metaphor here is less "phoenix rising from the ashes" and more "shuffling zombie corpse." This was, after all, the Horned Frogs' fourth top-100 win of the season, one that can't wipe away 14 overall losses or a 6-12 Big 12 regular-season record, not to mention the seven straight games TCU lost to end said regular season. We hate to kill the vibe after a win that momentous, but for it to be more than symbolic, TCU needs more -- beginning with Friday's semifinal against Iowa State.

College Basketball Bubble Watch - Bubble Watch: Who can use Champ Week to secure a bid? - NCAA Men's Basketball - ESPN

Updated bubble watch - TCU is a problem because they've given themselves a chance now, not because this win puts them in the field

Well if they decide to have a mascot 3 point contest to decide the bubble, we might be screwed looking at this effort from Otto

When is the last time the committee mentioned a team's conference record? It's irrelevant.

Has anybody ever drawn an at large bid with that type of conference record?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom