Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24

Holy crap... Georgia Tech almost pulled it out. What a play to get that 3 point shot off that just missed.

There are more then seven teams that are just as close as Georgia Tech for Syracuse to worry about that are near that bubble line but it's definitely a big help
I just think the ACC will get more than just the 8 teams in. You're right - theres a bunch of other teams that we have to worry about - but if we separate ourselves from GaTech, Clemson, Pitt and Wake - you gotta like our chances more. I know the committee says they don't look at conference affiliation but I don't buy that.

I just think the ACC will get more than just the 8 teams in. You're right - theres a bunch of other teams that we have to worry about - but if we separate ourselves from GaTech, Clemson, Pitt and Wake - you gotta like our chances more. I know the committee says they don't look at conference affiliation but I don't buy that.
yep

The play was good but the execution was amazing. Absolutely perfect pass and then the white dude (who killed us) jumps up to catch and pass before landing was the gold star of that play.

upload_2017-2-21_22-12-8.png

Didn't watch the end of the game, except the last 2 seconds. Not sure how it got that close, but Georgia Tech had a legit 3 spot shot opportunity to win the game.

upload_2017-2-21_22-15-5.png

St. John's play like it does against any team not named Syracuse

Updated weekly record: 2-3
Above the line 1-1
Below the line 1-2

Not that it means much in the whole scheme of things, but we are likely the last team in again on the matrix. Georgia Tech will slip, we move up, and only Rhode Island won behind us... and they can't make up that much ground.

That last spot is wide open right now.

View attachment 90035
Didn't watch the end of the game, except the last 2 seconds. Not sure how it got that close, but Georgia Tech had a legit 3 spot shot opportunity to win the game.

View attachment 90036

St. John's play like it does against any team not named Syracuse

Updated weekly record: 2-3
Above the line 1-1
Below the line 1-2

Not that it means much in the whole scheme of things, but we are likely the last team in again on the matrix. Georgia Tech will slip, we move up, and only Rhode Island won behind us... and they can;t make up that much ground.
URI won tonight - but I can't see them keeping it together long enough to get an at-large; that team just has too many weaknesses

results we wanted:

L-La Salle over Rhode Island-Rhode I. still behind
L-SC over Florida- none bubble implication
W-VT over Clemson- hopefully buries Clemson
L-GMas over Dayton (Dayton was non bubble
W-Illinois over NW (NWnear a lock)huge
W-NC State over GT (Big one)Huuugggee!!
L-Evansville over Wichita State
L-St Johns over Marquette

Have to think that's the official nail in the coffin of the fighting Tom Creans after losing to Iowa tonight.

Have to think that's the official nail in the coffin of the fighting Tom Creans after losing to Iowa tonight.
yeah they'd have to at least get to the b1g tourney champ game to have a chance I'd think

So, lots of games, here's what I'm thinking we want tonight:

-CUSE Over Duke!!!

-Kansas over TCU

-Creighton over Providence

-Oregon over Cal

-Vandy over Tenn. (Both bubble teams, but I think Tenn is closer)

-Rutgers over Michigan

-Pitt over Wake (Again both bubbles, but at this point Wake much closer than Pitt)

-Southern Illinois over Illinois State

-Xavier over Seton Hall

-Texas A&M over Arkansas

-Oak St over Kansas State

-Uconn over Houston

Lots on tap tonight. Big day!

BEAT DUKE

A quick assessment of the impact of yesterday's game.

A small sample (26) of brackets were updated today on the matrix after last night's games.

Illinois St 20
TCU 17
Syracuse 12

------- IN / OUT ----

Tennessee 9
Providence 6
Wake Forest 5
Rhode Island 4
Houston 4
Georgia Tech 2
Vanderbilt 2
Clemson 1

So we are in again, but you saw the negative reaction to one Tech game and one Clemson game. From the last spot in things are ridiculously tight. We create a nice margin with a win tonight. We lose and we are at the bottom of the pile.

So we are in again, but you saw the negative reaction to one Tech game and one Clemson game. From the last spot in things are ridiculously tight. We create a nice margin with a win tonight. We lose and we are at the bottom of the pile.

Just want to make sure I'm understanding you. A home loss to Duke drops Cuse behind each of the 8 teams currently below them?

Just want to make sure I'm understanding you. A home loss to Duke drops Cuse behind each of the 8 teams currently below them?

Probably not. Our fall should not be as drastic as a home loss to NC St. But that last spot could be very scattered tomorrow if we lose and Tennessee loses to Vanderbilt.

So, lots of games, here's what I'm thinking we want tonight:

-CUSE Over Duke!!!

-Kansas over TCU

-Creighton over Providence

-Oregon over Cal

-Vandy over Tenn. (Both bubble teams, but I think Tenn is closer)

-Rutgers over Michigan

-Pitt over Wake (Again both bubbles, but at this point Wake much closer than Pitt)

-Southern Illinois over Illinois State

-Xavier over Seton Hall

-Texas A&M over Arkansas

-Oak St over Kansas State

-Uconn over Houston

Lots on tap tonight. Big day!

BEAT DUKE

Rutgers winning a game? Oh Tom, I know it's a wish list, but you know...

A loss tonight pretty much makes winning a few games in the acct necessary, unless you think somehow we are winning at Lville.

They won't keep missing shots. At some point we either stop the boards or we are losing by more than 20.

A small sample (26) of brackets were updated today on the matrix after last night's games.

Illinois St 20
TCU 17
Syracuse 12

------- IN / OUT ----

Tennessee 9
Providence 6
Wake Forest 5
Rhode Island 4
Houston 4
Georgia Tech 2
Vanderbilt 2
Clemson 1

Wake and Tennessee are losing to Vanderbilt and Pitt. The bottom of the bubble is in for a shake up whether we win tonight or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom