Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24

SHOW ME THAT BUBBLE POP GIF

upload_2017-2-21_21-6-59.png

I can only give them the pin on the outside for now - they are staggering. They have 3 home games in a row to end the schedule, including Florida St. If they win those 3 in a row, they are probably close to the line again.

I have to keep reminding myself that there is a reason why the bubble teams keep losing so badly... they're bubble teams on what appears to be one of the weakest bubbles ever. It does make for a lot of entertaining games 'cause you never know what might happen on any given day or night.

Like the wide open game winning 3 that Battle hit against Clemson?

There was that one too... seems like such a long time ago

I have to keep reminding myself that there is a reason why the bubble teams keep losing so badly... they're bubble teams on what appears to be one of the weakest bubbles ever. It does make for a lot of entertaining games 'cause you never know what might happen on any given day or night.
And this is what people have to remember when watching us. I see far too many "we are not a tournament team" posts. This is a really, really bad bubble year - and every team in the same boat as us makes their fans feel the same way, I guarantee it.

View attachment 90034

I can only give them the pin on the outside for now - they are staggering. They have 3 home games in a row to end the schedule, including Florida St. If they win those 3 in a row, they are probably close to the line again.

Agreed, I wanted to write them off so bad because of the conference record, but they have nine top-100 wins. They aren't done yet, with 3 to go plus the ACC.

I can't stand hearing this

If we go one and two and win two at Barclay. That's the same as going to in one and only winning one at the Barclay

Win three between now and the end of the season were in

win three games doesn't matter when or where or who

Ok, i like your thinking. Its all about matchups in the conference tourney m go cuse.

Agreed, I wanted to write them off so bad because of the conference record, but they have nine top-100 wins. They aren't done yet, with 3 to go plus the ACC.
I know the committee doesn't look at this, but -

Of those 9, only 3 of them are after the New Year: Wake, Pitt and GaTech; with only Pitt being on the road.

13 losses is dangerous territory unless you have a massive amount of nice wins.

Clemson does have FSU, NC State and BC - all at home - to the end year. If FSU beats them are they done? Will going 16-14 before the ACCT be enough? They win out they're in a decent spot at 17-13 going to Brooklyn. It seems like no matter what they'll need at least 1 win in the ACCT

EDIT: Even if they beat State/BC but lose to FSU - 12 conference losses? Really? I can't see how they make it.

The teams that are benefiting from the bubble collapse are teams like Northwestern, USC, Minnesota. These type of teams don't have such large margins of error at this time of season.

That was way too easy for Virginia Tech. Can't get that clean a look when running a play with 7 seconds left.
Absolutely stupid play by Djitte. Leaves one of the best 3-point shooters in the country alone. And at the end of the 1st half he commits basket interference.

The teams that are benefiting from the bubble collapse are teams like Northwestern, USC, Minnesota. These type of teams don't have such large margins of error at this time of season.
I don't think NW is as safe as people think despite the high win total.

Absolutely stupid play by Djitte. Leaves one of the best 3-point shooters in the country alone. And at the end of the 1st half he commits basket interference.
Isn't that the same dude that left Battle?

Geez, some think we are in going 1-2 down the stretch and making it in. Don't see it. Hope they are right. If we still get in, its purely subjective and our few big home wins being taken into consideration as well as our dance performance last year and our returning talent. The committee will never admit that but the returning talent of a F4 team as well as the run the team made is a subjective positive that gets teams in. The committee will never admit it, but its soooo true.

Geez, some think we are in going 1-2 down the stretch and making it in. Don't see it. Hope they are right. If we still get in, its purely subjective and our few big home wins being taken into consideration as well as our dance performance last year and our returning talent. The committee will never admit that but the returning talent of a F4 team as well as the run the team made is a subjective positive that gets teams in. The committee will never admit it, but its soooo true.
I mean for us to go 1-2 and make it in, a lot of other stuff has to go right. If we go 1-2 and lose game 1 in the ACCT - I put our chances at about 5% - if we go 2-2 down the stretch I think that shoots up to about 50% - again depending on what everyone else does.

2 wins would put us in a very good spot. Anything more than 2 gets us in easily IMO.

I mean for us to go 1-2 and make it in, a lot of other stuff has to go right. If we go 1-2 and lose game 1 in the ACCT - I put our chances at about 5% - if we go 2-2 down the stretch I think that shoots up to about 50% - again depending on what everyone else does.

2 wins would put us in a very good spot. Anything more than 2 gets us in easily IMO.

you had me at hello

I don't think NW is as safe as people think despite the high win total.
eh they'd have to have a major bed crapping to not get in at this point

Nc st up 6 on Tech with 7 mins left, Lammers has two points smh...

0/8 from the field - 2pts

Better up NBA prospect than Lydon doe

Yeah I really don't see it - definitely a stretch of me to say lol

Well if they lose here, they have Michigan and Purdue at home, and play on the road at Indiana. Not easy games. 4 L's not out of the question.

Not that this needs to be said - but if NC State finishes this off tonight - if we win tomorrow night...well...we are very VERY close to being in.

Nobody is saying one more win and we are in. Everybody is saying if you are only fortunate enough to win one more game you have to win at least one if not two in the conference tournament huge difference

Not that this needs to be said - but if NC State finishes this off tonight - if we win tomorrow night...well...we are very VERY close to being in.
There are more then seven teams that are just as close as Georgia Tech for Syracuse to worry about that are near that bubble line but it's definitely a big help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom