Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bubble Watch - Week of February 18 to 24

Looking at the games for today, I'm thinking these are the results we want:

-La Salle over Rhode Island

-SC over Florida

-VT over Clemson

-GM over Dayton (Unlikely Dayton completely falls off but the more losses they have at the end, the better if they lose in conference tourney)

- Illinois over NW (I'm not convinced NW is anywhere near a lock yet)

-NC State over GT (Big one)

-Evansville over Wichita State

-St Johns over Marquette

Did I miss anything?
SC/Florida has no bearing on the bubble...
Dayton is all but a lock...
NW is a lock...

so yeah the two (unlikely) results that would help tonight are NC St beating GT and SJU beating Marquette

NW is a lock...

so yeah the two (unlikely) results that would help tonight are NC St beating GT and SJU beating Marquette

Yea, I was just thinking SC win over Florida to help our RPI...

They always were. If you look at Miami and UVA's resume next to each other before last night blind you wouldn't see much of a difference.

UVA is overrated imo. Very good coach and solid D obviously but their offense is very mediocre.

Looking at the games for today, I'm thinking these are the results we want:

-La Salle over Rhode Island

-SC over Florida

-VT over Clemson

-GM over Dayton (Unlikely Dayton completely falls off but the more losses they have at the end, the better if they lose in conference tourney)

- Illinois over NW (I'm not convinced NW is anywhere near a lock yet)

-NC State over GT (Big one)

-Evansville over Wichita State

-St Johns over Marquette

Did I miss anything?

Dayton is a lock imo. They'd have to lose out from here and that just isn't going to happen.

I was wondering with Virginia Tech's injury

if we want them to lose and get them closer to the bubble
Well I just looked and Clemson last three games are all home. Florida State will be tough but North Carolina state and Boston college

Probably no bury them tonight

NW is a lock...

I'm not sure Northwestern is a lock. They are in very good shape, but they still need to get one more victory to be a lock in my view. As I said a few days ago, when you almost lose to Rutgers at home, I'm not going to assume they will get it.

I was wondering with Virginia Tech's injury

if we want them to lose and get them closer to the bubble
Well I just looked and Clemson last three games are all home. Florida State will be tough but North Carolina state and Boston college

Probably no bury them tonight

I was thinking the same thing originally until I looked at the schedules too. I don't think VT is anywhere near a lock, but Clemson is right behind us on Bracket Matrix and their schedule is easier. Figure better to put them away now.

Try to bury Clemson. It's more likely they both get in, then both get out, so don't get greedy.

I'm not sure Northwestern is a lock. They are in good shape, but they still need to get one more victory to be a lock. Tonight against Illinois is not easy.

Not a lock. But almost. However if they lost tonight, good chance they could be the underdog in 3 straight games after. Maybe 4 losses sets them back. Either way, I look at it like we might as well pull for them to lose. The weaker all the other teams are, the better for us.

upload_2017-2-21_20-33-32.png

I was hoping this may be an upset, as it not a hard game, but not a gimme on the road.

Not a lock. But almost. However if they lost tonight, good chance they could be the underdog in 3 straight games after. Maybe 4 losses sets them back. Either way, I look at it like we might as well pull for them to lose. The weaker all the other teams are, the better for us.

Certainly worth following, Cheer against any team that is not a lock. It's a score I am following tonight.

But they are not close enough (yet) to be on the list of 20 or so teams that are on my close follow.

NC St up 10 at Georgia Tech.

Clemson has just taken the lead at Virginia Tech.

Ckemson would probably take Tech's final spot on the matrix.

NC St up 10 at Georgia Tech.

Clemson has just taken the lead at Virginia Tech.

Ckemson would probably take Tech's final spot on the matrix.
Would be great to have both Clemson and GaTech lose - but 1 will do. I think Clemson losing would probably end their at-large chances barring a massive run. GaTech would still be alive after a loss tonight - but they couldn't afford too many more.

We win, we in?

In the end, i believe we need to go 2-1. That's why the GT loss on Sunday wasn't a disaster in my opinion. We still need to split with duke and the ville and win at gt. Or, hell beat duke and the ville. Gonna be tough.

That was way too easy for Virginia Tech. Can't get that clean a look when running a play with 7 seconds left.

Good job Buzz. Of course none of it matters if we don't do what we need to do.

That was way too easy for Virginia Tech. Can't get that clean a look when running a play with 7 seconds left.
Like the wide open game winning 3 that Battle hit against Clemson?

In the end, i believe we need to go 2-1. That's why the GT loss on Sunday wasn't a disaster in my opinion. We still need to split with duke and the ville and win at gt. Or, hell beat duke and the ville. Gonna be tough.
I can't stand hearing this

If we go one and two and win two at Barclay. That's the same as going to in one and only winning one at the Barclay

Win three between now and the end of the season were in

win three games doesn't matter when or where or who

upload_2017-2-21_21-4-7.png

By my count that makes the bubble 1-2 so far this week.

No teams have played above the line
1-2 below the line.

If GaTech gets in free-fall mode; and Pitt doesn't do anything to boost resume the rest of the way; I just can't imagine the committee taking 8 ACC teams. I know they don't look at conference; but if GaTech and Pitt don't impress down the stretch; we might sneak in with just a win vs. GaTech.

I can't stand hearing this

If we go one and two and win two at Barclay. That's the same as going to in one and only winning one at the Barclay

Win three between now and the end of the season were in

win three games doesn't matter when or where or who

I tend to agree. Three anytime probably puts us in. 4 would be total lock. 2 would be sweating bullets on the bubble. But then again, if we beat Duke and Louisville, and lost two straight? Gotta put us in right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom