Buddy Boeheim | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

Ok but you can't look at senior year yet. And if Buddy can carry over how he played down the stretch, which we are banking on, as are the preseason selectors, then there are many similarities. This is Buddy's team. The rock will go through him but what will help him is his supporting cast. There is more greater offensive options which end up with him getting better shots.
Fair enough.
through 3 years, JJ was a much better player than Buddy.

thats not an insult at all, just answering the question “Can anyone honestly say that JJ Redick or Grayson Allen were better college players?”. My answer would be, for JJ, yes, absolutely

Fair enough.
through 3 years, JJ was a much better player than Buddy.

thats not an insult at all, just answering the question “Can anyone honestly say that JJ Redick or Grayson Allen were better college players?”. My answer would be, for JJ, yes, absolutely

Yes, 100% this. Through three years JJ was much better. Then, his senior year he was a consensus AA, including unanimous AP 1st team.

Here is a better question to the board: who is better, Buddy or GMac?

Go ahead and answer your own questions. Thats why people make predictions. You either believe or don't believe that Buddy is a top college player. I don't think there is a middle ground.
I don’t think he is a first team all-American but I think he could be first team all-ACC.

I don’t think it’s a lock he is our best player.

There's no middle ground on any topic in america anymore. Not even as to whether there is a middle ground or not. And I don't know if you know this or not, but our friend Alsacs is kind of known for having some, let's say, strong opinions.
Hey now.
I don’t think it’s all or nothing.
Which is why I said he is good.

I don’t think he sucks. I don’t think he is first team all-American.
Does that make me a hater?

Yes, 100% this. Through three years JJ was much better. Then, his senior year he was a consensus AA, including unanimous AP 1st team.

GMac

Hey now.
I don’t think it’s all or nothing.
Which is why I said he is good.

I don’t think he sucks. I don’t think he is first team all-American.
Does that make me a hater?
Nope

Well, if he has a All American season, he won't need your credit.
That fair and fine.
I don’t think the kid sucks.
I don’t buy first team all-American.

If he averages 15-16 PPG a game that is all I want.
I don’t expect great defense.
I expect a bunch of 20 point games and some clunkers.
I expect 37MPG.

It’s all good. Alan Griffin couldn’t get SG minutes here. Nobody is going to get SG minutes in the rotation unless it’s blowout.

That is it.

Can anyone honestly say that JJ Redick or Grayson Allen were better college players? I think Buddy knows exactly who he is and what he needed to work on to get better. He could be a 1st team AA but only with his teammates support. I am looking forward to this season more than normal, although I might say that every year.
Reddick yes, Grayson no.

Buddy

I don’t think he is a first team all-American but I think he could be first team all-ACC.

I don’t think it’s a lock he is our best player.
If he isn’t our best player we’re not going .500.

If he isn’t our best player we’re not going .500.
So if Benny goes 10-12PPG, 5-6 RPG, 4-5 APG and being a weapon on defense he can be our best player.

I don’t believe that is unreasonable either.
Buddy can be the best scorer but that won’t automatically make him our best player.

JJ was ACC POY as a Junior.
Was all-ACC every single year.
He wasn’t close to what Buddy has done.

Buddy is a nice player he isn’t JJ Redick.

I wasn't comparing them the way you took it. I know what Redick was. He also was questionable as a pro prospect even as a Junior. That was the point.

Buddy will have to establish himself as a pro prospect like Redick did his SR yr. Quality their first 3 yrs isn't equal. Redick was a big time recruit.

Last edited:
Also it's important to remember that the value of a guy like Redick is much higher now than when he was drafted. It's amazing how in such a short time the value of elite shooters has gone through the roof. So Buddy vs JJ as college players it's not really that close for the first 3 yrs but now in terms of what matters Buddy has a legit shot to make a case to be a pro just like JJ did his SR year and then over time really turned into a solid NBA player.

That fair and fine.
I don’t think the kid sucks.
I don’t buy first team all-American.

If he averages 15-16 PPG a game that is all I want.
I don’t expect great defense.
I expect a bunch of 20 point games and some clunkers.
I expect 37MPG.

It’s all good. Alan Griffin couldn’t get SG minutes here. Nobody is going to get SG minutes in the rotation unless it’s blowout.

That is it.
Well, only a moron would think he sucks. Let's be real here. I expect he will have a big season. I don't quantify that with his ppg. He could average less than that and be great and he could average more than that and just be good. Every defense we face, will have as job #1, stopping or limiting him. He has other guys that can score as well. I expect that if we stay healthy, this will be one of the most enjoyable seasons in years for the fans of the Orange. As long as they let it be. Nothing will be good enough if one is miserable to start with.

Well, only a moron would think he sucks. Let's be real here. I expect he will have a big season. I don't quantify that with his ppg. He could average less than that and be great and he could average more than that and just be good. Every defense we face, will have as job #1, stopping or limiting him. He has other guys that can score as well. I expect that if we stay healthy, this will be one of the most enjoyable seasons in years for the fans of the Orange. As long as they let it be. Not hing will be good enough if one is miserable to start with.
What is most enjoyable?
Not being on the bubble?

I see a team that is close as a team.
But I have legit worries.
The Benny Williams rope.
Will the HC let the kid play without worrying about yanking him.

I don’t think Buddy is a concern but I think that teams that actually emphasize defense will put pressure on him.
Teams that don’t preach defense like North Carolina and want to run will play into his style.
I hope Buddy uses the Buddy back down as he won’t get by defenders driving the ball. Hope he gives more on defense.

You want to be optimistic that is fine. I am a Show Me before I believe now. Too many times in a row has broken my ability to feel we are better before I see it. By better I mean top 25 consistent team.

not for everyone.
Sorry I don’t buy preseason hype anymore.

I can post a bunch of these.
If we are good I will be happy sorry I want to see it before I believe it.

Did you watch JJ Redick play?
My god.
I mean what the hell is going on.

JJ Redick is the 2nd alltime leading scorer in the history of the ACC.

My god.
But they are both tall, white, shooting guards.

I am gone early.
Cusefan0307, Tee, Dasher, you would make it far.

Posters like I guy I responded to last and myself would go out early.

CTO or Cherie would win.

Nah I would bail early for a sabbatical. Come back for the reunion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom