Buddy Boeheim | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

I admire Buddy because it is clear that he works hard on his game. His defense is somewhat better this year and he is nowhere near the liability on d that JG3 is. Pretty evident he bleeds orange.
My biggest issues with him are as follows. When he makes a shot or two he becomes a human heat check and takes bad shots, partially negating the progress the team made made with the makes. You can't fully enjoy his success because you know we will have to pay a price. Also passing is almost an afterthought for him so when he does pass he often has limited options and is under pressure, leading to turnovers. Lastly he is awful at getting loose balls, rarely willing to give up his body or hit the floor.
The kid is a terrific asset who would be even more valuable with better shot selection.
The question is whether the sample size provided by the tournament is truly telling. If it is, he MAKES bad shots, terrible shots. He is covered like a blanket and still gets the shot in over fingertips. We shall see. Crazy hot streak or a glimpse into something special. The truth is, aside from that, his offensive game is regularly expanding.

The question is whether the sample size provided by the tournament is truly telling. If it is, he MAKES bad shots, terrible shots. He is covered like a blanket and still gets the shot in over fingertips. We shall see. Crazy hot streak or a glimpse into something special. The truth is, aside from that, his offensive game is regularly expanding.

ARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

ARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
What I didn’t say and shouldn’t have to, is that if they go in, they aren’t bad shots. Did you step in a lego? That can hurt.

Look at the words I highlighted...
I see. So he developed an effective back down game around mid season using his height and a bump to get his shot off over shorter matchups. It was largely effective until scouting reports picked up on it and dropped players from the top to double, or sent bigs to help. He began to take the ball to the basket with some success. Off of the drive he developed a mid range pull up shot which was effective from 15-18 feet. In the tournament he began to shoot more in catch and shoot fashion around screens and otherwise in the move. A few shots were reminiscent of Andy Rautins. I do think he expanded his offensive repertoire all season. I think he varied and adapted. He was really a stand up shooter when he came in the scene.

I see. So he developed an effective back down game around mid season using his height and a bump to get his shot off over shorter matchups. It was largely effective until scouting reports picked up on it and dropped players from the top to double, or sent bigs to help. He began to take the ball to the basket with some success. Off of the drive he developed a mid range pull up shot which was effective from 15-18 feet. In the tournament he began to shoot more in catch and shoot fashion around screens and otherwise in the move. A few shots were reminiscent of Andy Rautins. I do think he expanded his offensive repertoire all season. I think he varied and adapted. He was really a stand up shooter when he came in the scene.

How is his carpentry game? That is the true test of an Amish Superstar.
He’s a well rounded Amisher. He milks like nobody’s business. He churns like a madman, not surprising, he’s a 14 year old boy, after all. He does the work of 4 Jebediahs while raising pole barns. He makes chairs faster than any Amish in their prime.

He’s a well rounded Amisher. He milks like nobody’s business. He churns like a madman, not surprising, he’s a 14 year old boy, after all. He does the work of 4 Jebediahs while raising pole barns. He makes chairs faster than any Amish in their prime.
Time out. That's all great but how is his quilting skills.

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if a repost, but, I was somewhat surprised to see him listed as a first team All American in the Lindy's Preview Magazine. He was rated the #8 overall player.

CV1_v32_Syracuse_0dab9475-f800-4929-91df-7ce208f63328_460x.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom