Buddy Boeheim | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

The diving on the floor for loose balls drives me nuts. I’ve been very annoyed at our lack of hustle and urgency to get loose balls. We need to go after the ball like it’s the most important thing in the world and we don’t. I hate that. It’s not just buddy, it’s most of the team IMO.

Its not just loose balls.
its rebounds too

You and a lot of posters here go after Buddy to get at Jim. I find that completely despicable. You should be embarrassed but you have no couth so you don't have that emotion.
Yeah, exactly what I’m doing. I just asked you to be honest about Buddy. Kid is a really good shooter, and I like the back down fade away. But he does not take guys off the bounce and finish at the rim.

Yeah, exactly what I’m doing. I just asked you to be honest about Buddy. Kid is a really good shooter, and I like the back down fade away. But he does not take guys off the bounce and finish at the rim.
eh it’s just as silly to say BB never drives to the basket as it is to say he’s good at it - neither is accurate

You and a lot of posters here go after Buddy to get at Jim. I find that completely despicable. You should be embarrassed but you have no couth so you don't have that emotion.
LOL. This cracked me up. Sean has no couth. Next time I see him for drinks in Seattle when the world opens up I'm going to say this to him and slap him in the face with a glove.

Who do you think had a better crossover? Buddy or Pearl? What planet are you living on.
Where did I say he has better skills than the Pearl? Who has/had better skills than Pearl?

Where did I say he has better skills than the Pearl? Who has/had better skills than Pearl?
You didn't but you said he drives by people which also has never happened. He drives to the free throw line extended and never gets by anyone and uses his size to shoot a contested shot. That and shoot 3's is all he does. Which is fine. He works really hard and is doing the best he can. I don't blame him for the situation and I don't think it is favoritism. I really liked Jalen Carey and Brycen Goodine and the reality is neither one of them panned out. That is not Buddy's fault but he should not be playing these kind of minutes in the ACC and he cannot drive by anyone.

drives by people which also has never happened. He drives to the free throw line extended and never gets by anyone
but see why embellish your sound basic argument with false statements like these? He can and occasionally does drive to the basket. He's not good at it and he shoots jump shots the vast majority of the time - but these NEVER statements are silly

but see why embellish your sound basic argument with false statements like these? He can and occasionally does drive to the basket. He's not good at it and he shoots jump shots the vast majority of the time - but these NEVER statements are silly
the internet was specifically designed for hyperbole

Some have settled on Buddy's driving game as a problem even after he drove in the lane for successful midrange shots on multiple occasions against guards considered elite defenders on Tuesday? Who cares if he doesn't go all the way in for the layup as often when the midrange looks have been successful? We have seen him create high percentage opportunities off the drive. Who cares about the nature of those opportunities?
Also 3 steals on tuesday if that matters to anyone.

Some have settled on Buddy's driving game as a problem even after he drove in the lane for successful midrange shots on multiple occasions against guards considered elite defenders on Tuesday? Who cares if he doesn't go all the way in for the layup as often when the midrange looks have been successful? We have seen him create high percentage opportunities off the drive. Who cares about the nature of those opportunities?
Also 3 steals on tuesday if that matters to anyone.
When someone says he can drive and finish at the rim, I'm going to push back on that. That's all. His defense still isn't great, but it's been improving, and I really don't think he's the weakest link there. He should be getting far more rebounds than he does, unless he's specifically told to leak out for a fast break 3 (that's a really odd thought considering JB's style, but still possible).

Great at what he does and sure can score.

But hes part of the reason we are ridiculously easy to play against. Joe and Alan are too its not just Buddy.

This thread like most on the board these days isn't very interesting.

We’re a slow, unathletic team that relies on jumpshots. Sometimes they go in. More often they don’t. Our center is a chain smoking small forward. One guard is a fine role player but he plays Carmelo/Flynn minutes. Our best freshman doesn’t play because, I don’t know, spacing? Our other starting guard needs gastric bypass.

That sums up the basketball board.

I was curious how Buddys junior year compared to Rautins senior year:

Rautins 32.5 mpg, .438 fg%, 41% 3pt, 4.9 ast, 2.0 stl, 2.8 tov, 8.5 FGA

Buddy 35 mpg, .378 fg%, 31% 3pt, 3.1 ast, 1.9 stl, 1.4 tov, 15.9 FGA

Our current team certainly isn't anywhere near as talented as Rautins senior year team. There weren't as many shots to go around and I'm not sure about the speed of play difference.
With this said, Buddy is taking too many shots with this kind of shooting percentage. Marek is almost at 60% from 2pt, he needs to take some of buddys attempts.

When someone says he can drive and finish at the rim, I'm going to push back on that. That's all. His defense still isn't great, but it's been improving, and I really don't think he's the weakest link there. He should be getting far more rebounds than he does, unless he's specifically told to leak out for a fast break 3 (that's a really odd thought considering JB's style, but still possible).
Agree. The only player that has the ability to create and drive consistently is sitting on the bench. Jb’s in favor of offense (potential) over defense this year it seems .

hmmm..might be tough to get to 40 percent

Harsh.

Anyway, it's not just about shooting.

Look at Kehei Clark on UVA - he can't shoot a lick either. It's about passing, driving, handling pressure defense. Those things matter too for a guard.

Harsh.

Anyway, it's not just about shooting.

Look at Kehei Clark on UVA - he can't shoot a lick either. It's about passing, driving, handling pressure defense. Those things matter too for a guard.

I never said it was just about shooting. Others on this board have been harping that he is playing because he creates space and he is an elite shooter. if you want to mix in the passing and defense, that doesn’t help his cause

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom