Buddy Boeheim | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

Live look-in at the Boeheim residence
1611676889935.png

So, you think he should never miss?
Huh? of course he should...I know this didn't go over your head? Just having a little fun with JB saying JB things. Buddy is shooting absolutely awful right now...but JB said he's just a "little off"

could someone tell me why Buddy never gets a tongue lashing or embarrassed by coach on national TV like other players so for making fewer mistakes?

could someone tell me why Buddy never gets a tongue lashing or embarrassed by coach on national TV like other players so for making fewer mistakes?
His mistakes are a result of his shooting slump, which is what his main job is. He's beating himself up about it and it's affecting his mental game. So yelling at him isn't going to give him more confidence to get his mind right to make shots. Probably would have the opposite.

His mistakes are a result of his shooting slump, which is what his main job is. He's beating himself up about it and it's affecting his mental game. So yelling at him isn't going to give him more confidence to get his mind right to make shots. Probably would have the opposite.
lol

If we are being honest here, JB obviously has some coaching deficiencies and weaknesses as ALL coaches do. The thing is in the past he’s had great players to help cover up those deficiencies. Now since about 2015 we have not been getting the same type of player or team that we are used too. This in turn has shown Boeheim’s deficiencies and this season has pretty much highlighted them. Great players make great coaches

There’s ALOT JB has really done wrong this season, from managing minutes, to certain players not knowing what the hell they are doing on defense, to recruiting being subpar leading to lack of talent. I mean come on he was coached in circles by Jeff Capel, Jeff Freaking Capel. It’s frustrating because JB is so stubborn and won’t change his ways which is why we are at where we are right now. JB needs to take some accountability and look himself in the mirror instead of putting blame on everyone else. He’s the head man, everything starts and ends with him. If you are gonna take responsibility for your successes you sure as hell better take responsibility for some the failures these last few seasons have been too.

I’ve been saying it for a couple seasons now, nothing is going to change with this program until there is a change and Boeheim is out. Love JB and everything he has done for this program. Hell he is this program and has built this program but he’s overdoing his stay right now and in my opinion just hurting his legacy at this point. This program has been stale for around 7 years now. Until there is a change we can expect the same results as long as JB is here. And that’s just a fact and I hate saying that because I love JB but a move is well overdue and I think the vast majority of people know that but it’s a tough situation to bring up and actually make the move for all parties but it’s necessary if we want this program to maintain its respectability and eliteness.

Lastly, how the hell are we going to land ELITE players on a constant basis when we are being negatively recruited against, JB could literally hang them up any year, also you look at how he disperses minutes. You think a good guard is going to come here while Buddy and Girard are getting 30+ minutes a game? Kadary is our best guard or at least will be and he barely cracks 20 minutes a game, if he’s lucky. Yes I understand we have Benny coming in next year, and yes he’s a stud...like studddddd. But you are kidding yourself if you think we are landing that type of talent on a consistent basis or are bringing in the same type of talent as we used too. Do you actually think Girard or half this team sniffs the court if they were on the teams from 2008-2014. Cooney had to redshirt, MCW, Jerami Grant, barely got on the court their freshman years and Dion Waiters was a 2 year 6th man here. Come on now

Fresh off "struggling" with the side effects of Covid here is Buddy's minutes

32 minutes Pitt 63 Cuse 60
37 minutes Georgetown 69 Cuse 74
38 minutes Carolina 81 Cuse 75
40 minutes Pitt 96 Cuse 76
35 minutes Miami 57 Cuse 83
39 minutes Va Tech 60 Cuse 78
34 minutes Virginia 81 Cuse 58

36.4 minutes per game

The most important 6 game stretch in program history and when he was Skinny Melo

38 minutes Manhattan 65 Cuse 76
32 minutes Oklahoma St 56 Cuse 68
34 minutes Auburn 78 Cuse 79
40 minutes Oklahoma 67 Cuse 83
37 minutes Texas 84 Cuse 95
37 minutes Kansas 78 Cuse 81

36.3 minutes per game

I struggle with thinking anyone on the current roster getting these kind of minutes. Buddy absolutely needs to play but does it need to be this much? Fans by the day are beginning to turn on Buddy and it isn't his fault. The coach is doing more harm than good to Buddy's legacy in the program. Just my uninformed opinion.

P.S. Ask who would play more Melo or Buddy on the show Alsacs half-kidding!!!

Last edited:
Fresh off "struggling" with the side effects of Covid here is Buddy's minutes

32 minutes Pitt 63 Cuse 60
37 minutes Georgetown 69 Cuse 74
38 minutes Carolina 81 Cuse 75
40 minutes Pitt 96 Cuse 76
35 minutes Miami 57 Cuse 83
39 minutes Va Tech 60 Cuse 78
34 minutes Virginia 81 Cuse 58

36.4 minutes per game

The most important 6 game stretch in program history and when he was Skinny Melo

38 minutes Manhattan 65 Cuse 76
32 minutes Oklahoma St 56 Cuse 68
34 minutes Auburn 78 Cuse 79
40 minutes Oklahoma 67 Cuse 83
37 minutes Texas 84 Cuse 95
37 minutes Kansas 78 Cuse 81

36.3 minutes per game

I struggle with thinking anyone on the current roster getting these kind of minutes. Buddy absolutely needs to play but does it need to be this much? Fans by the day are beginning to turn on Buddy and it isn't his fault. The coach is doing more harm than good to Buddy's legacy in the program. Just my uninformed opinion.

P.S. Ask who would play more Melo or Buddy on the show Alsacs half-kidding!!!
That is excellent and wild! Good work here.

It's a good thing that his shooting woes/mental game didn't lead to any lob passes last night that somewhat consistently led to turnovers (live ball at that too leading to easy buckets on the other end). If that were the case, JB no doubt would've given Buddy a tongue lashing on national TV as he does with his other players. Oh wait...

It's a good thing that his shooting woes/mental game didn't lead to any lob passes last night that somewhat consistently led to turnovers (live ball at that too leading to easy buckets on the other end). If that were the case, JB no doubt would've given Buddy a tongue lashing on national TV as he does with his other players. Oh wait...
Did you not read what I wrote or do you have comprehension issues?

Did you not read what I wrote or do you have comprehension issues?

You don’t yell at him for missing shots. You yell at him for the awful turnovers, shot selection, and defense

I like Buddy.
I don't blame him for not getting reamed out.
I think it's insane that he's essentially our offensive focal point.
He shouldn't be a starter on a good SU team.
That said, he has shown the ability to put up big numbers pretty quickly, so the staff's 'confidence' in him seems largely about 'faith,' and not about anything that should be considered practical reality.
I think he absolutely represents a compromise to our ability to recruit.
We're going to have to ride it out. But, i've been saying the same about JB for 10 years. We're still riding. Just much lower on the saddle than i find comfortable.

You don’t yell at him for missing shots. You yell at him for the awful turnovers, shot selection, and defense
He is forcing the rest of his game because he is beating himself up for missing shots.

Who was the last shooting guard we signed up for a schollie - excluding Buddy?

JC - PG
Goodine - PG
JG - PG
Kadary - PG

Tyus Battle?

Park is doing his job he is paid to do.
He can do his job and not spin false info though.

That response to the fan was a dumb tweet by Park.
I expect Park to be a company guy. I don’t expect him to spin false narratives which was completely false for the record.

Park is doing the job he is paid to do.

Exactly. The Iowa announcer got caught on a hot mic criticizing some players during an Iowa game and the relationship between him and McCaffery was so bad, it was the headlines. Not ideal for people you want presenting your program in the best light.

He can do his job and not spin false info though.

That response to the fan was a dumb tweet by Park.
I expect Park to be a company guy. I don’t expect him to spin false narratives which was completely false for the record.
Sorry, but I don't see a "false narrative".

Again, I see Matt doing the job he is paid to do.

Sorry, but I don't see a "false narrative".

Again, I see Matt doing the job he is paid to do.
He said the top 4 shooters are all shooting close to the same amount of shots.
The gap between 1 and 4 is 5 shots per game.

That isn’t close to the same.
Buddy shoots to much. The response he gave implied they are close to equal.
They aren’t.
With Buddy’s shooting percentages he shouldn’t be leading the team in shots.
MikeSU broke down the numbers.

All from his post.

Buddy is now (out of the six guys that play):

35.7 mpg (first on the team)
15.0 FGA/game (first on the team)
14.5 PPG (third on the team)
38% FG
27% 3PT
USG 23.6% (2nd to AG)
TS% 46% (last - remember, this includes FT shooting)
eFG 44% (last)

His BPM is lowest out of the six guys by a country mile. JGIII is second to last at 2.6. Buddy is at 0.4.

His WS (win share) is lowest. His WS/40 is lowest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom