Buddy Buckets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Buckets

Buddy is a better shooter with Kadary in the game. He had open shots in rhythm where he could just catch and shoot. I think that is the player we all hoped for. We saw a bunch of it last year when he wasn't asked to create. He gets to do it now when Kadary is in the game. This is one thing that gives me hope for next year.

I would love to know Buddy's shooting stats with Kadary in the game vs. not in the game. Would be fascinating to know if there really is a correlation.

Broke this down...

Last 8 games...he’s 28-59, 47.5 as was stated

9-22, 41 percent with Joe on the floor
19-37, 51.4!!! percent with no Joe on the floor

have to wonder what he would be shooting early in the season with change in mins we’ve seen later in the season.

51.4 from 3 is ridiculous.
It’s also (and this is likely the most important part) getting his legs in game shape.
Can’t shoot without your legs, and with the virus and stops and starts, he was undoubtedly impacted.

Last edited:
It’s also (and this is likely by the most important part) getting his legs in game shape.
Can’t shoot without your legs, and with the virus and stops and starts, he was undoubtedly impacted.
yeah, I don’t disagree, I guess, but that has really nothing to do with these numbers.

unless covid kicks back in when Joe is on the court somehow

I like Buddy. I wish he wasn't the main man on offense, but I think given the right individuals around him he could be a very good piece to a winning team.

Those individuals do not include Joe Girard at the 1 for 30 minutes per game. Nor do they include Marek at the 5 for 35 minutes per game. Nor do they include Alan Griffin at the forward.

But if Quincy stays (no question he should) and improves his ball handling, Benny is the real deal, and Edwards can give us 7-7-2 every night and stay out of foul trouble, I think the team is a Kadary Richmond jump shot away from being a Top 15 team.

That's a lot of buts though.

yeah, I don’t disagree, I guess, but that has really nothing to do with these numbers.

unless covid kicks back in when Joe is on the court somehow

he’s within two makes of having same percentage.

he’s within two makes of having same percentage.

He’s within two misses of 31 percent.

The numbers are what the numbers are. Deal with reality.

buddy's been hot in nick tahoe garbage plate time last 8 games during some huge losses. let's stick with the ACC season stats. #5 in mpg. #1 in 3 point attempts. #72 in accuracy. those are the facts cherry picker.

buddy's been hot in nick tahoe garbage plate time last 8 games during some huge losses. let's stick with the ACC season stats. #5 in mpg. #1 in 3 point attempts. #72 in accuracy. those are the facts cherry picker.
Looking at Buddy';s ytd stats 84% from the free throw line 36% from 3 leads the team in 3 pt% and averages 15.9 ppg All with no low post threat to draw attention away from him. Those are good numbers.

I like Buddy. I wish he wasn't the main man on offense, but I think given the right individuals around him he could be a very good piece to a winning team.

Those individuals do not include Joe Girard at the 1 for 30 minutes per game. Nor do they include Marek at the 5 for 35 minutes per game. Nor do they include Alan Griffin at the forward.

But if Quincy stays (no question he should) and improves his ball handling, Benny is the real deal, and Edwards can give us 7-7-2 every night and stay out of foul trouble, I think the team is a Kadary Richmond jump shot away from being a Top 15 team.

That's a lot of buts though.
I think it is there for us next year if things break right. By there I mean a real good team.

Ahh yes the good old it doesn't matter what sample size statistic analyzation. Balsa Koprivica leads the league in 3 point shooting. He's a dead eye. So is Garrison Brooks!
doesn't sound like an apology for calling me wrong . cherry picker.

doesn't sound like an apology for calling me wrong . cherry picker.

Now I am doing a little cherry picking with the following data but would it surprise you that
  • Buddy is a career 40% ACC 3 point shooter against all teams not named FSU and UVA
  • Including all ACC teams, he is a 37% career 3 point shooter (0-11 against FSU and 8-33 against UVA)
Both those percentages are pretty good and bordering on the label elite shooter

Cuse!

JB treating Buddy differently has hurt Buddy.

The kid takes frustration that should be directed at JB.
He is a solid player. I don’t think he is one of the best players in the conference but he is a nice player I would want on my team. A piece that could win a NC but not carry a team.
JB makes it so he is basically forced to carry the team with his role.

Now I am doing a little cherry picking with the following data but would it surprise you that
  • Buddy is a career 40% ACC 3 point shooter against all teams not named FSU and UVA
  • Including all ACC teams, he is a 37% career 3 point shooter (0-11 against FSU and 8-33 against UVA)
Both those percentages are pretty good and bordering on the label elite shooter

Cuse!

and he beat uva last year

HEY i like buddy ! he plays hard . gives his best. great attitude. i've never questioned his effort.
but he is NOT an elite player. he's slow. he simply cannot create his own offense or shut someone else down defensively. his handle is awful . and while he is a decent outside shooter (his best asset) he's streaky to say the least. what a great role player he might be on another team. but to feature him as option # 1 ? can't sit ? that's daddy's boy. he ain't there yet . not even close.

HEY i like buddy ! he plays hard . gives his best. great attitude. i've never questioned his effort.
but he is NOT an elite player. he's slow. he simply cannot create his own offense or shut someone else down defensively. his handle is awful . and while he is a decent outside shooter (his best asset) he's streaky to say the least. what a great role player he might be on another team. but to feature him as option # 1 ? can't sit ? that's daddy's boy. he ain't there yet . not even close.
I believe Ghost would like to have a word about his effort on transition defense...

that aged well in just a week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom