Buddy on Packer & Durham at 9:30 today | Syracusefan.com

Buddy on Packer & Durham at 9:30 today

So, here's the thing -

I don't think Buddy was all that open vs. WVU.
They are a pretty solid defensive team, and were hustling their asses off all game.
He was getting chased around and pretty decent closeouts by them.

I DO think that Buddy thinks he was open.

Which is all that matters.
That's where his level of confidence is right now - even a sliver of an opening, means he is open.

So, here's the thing -

I don't think Buddy was all that open vs. WVU.
They are a pretty solid defensive team, and were hustling their asses off all game.
He was getting chased around and pretty decent closeouts by them.

I DO think that Buddy thinks he was open.

Which is all that matters.
That's where his level of confidence is right now - even a sliver of an opening, means he is open.
He missed 3 wide open looks in the first half. Second half he had worse looks and hit more.

An underrated part of Joe’s game is his ability to get the ball to Buddy in perfect position to shoot. I think he assisted on 5 of Buddy’s 7 threes vs SD St and 3 vs WVU. He sets him up nicely.
I was watching Oklahoma last night and they had open shooters, but the pass was low and the guy couldn’t shoot it. If the pass was at the numbers, it would have been an open look. You’re right, Joe is good at pass placement and so is Marek.

I think an underrated part of what Jim Boeheim does with the offense is exploiting an opponent's weak link on defense.

#22 from WVU was the designated guy last game and we attacked him relentlessly when he was on the floor. We would set screens for Buddy until he was the man switched onto him, and then he'd go to work.

I am not sure Houston has that type of player (they might, I don't know). It might need to be more team-oriented in finding Buddy shots.

I think an underrated part of what Jim Boeheim does with the offense is exploiting an opponent's weak link on defense.

#22 from WVU was the designated guy last game and we attacked him relentlessly when he was on the floor. We would set screens for Buddy until he was the man switched onto him, and then he'd go to work.

I am not sure Houston has that type of player (they might, I don't know). It might need to be more team-oriented in finding Buddy shots.

Houston does have one short guard, who's like 6'1".
If/when he's on Buddy, expect The Seed to take him to school.

Buddy's eyes light up the second he gets a short(er) dude D-ing him up.
He knows he can elevate over them whenever he wants, and can also drive them into the lane, then rise up for his J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom