Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Closed fist, but a side shot and contact appeared to be from Buddy's forearm and thumb.
On a Punch Scale of 10, I'd give this maybe a 3. Not the standard 5-knuckle variety.

Appeared to catch a lot of Wilkes arm -and Wilkes tried to sell it for more than it was.

Nothing to see here -move along!

This just is so #$%%& typical of this year...we can't have anything good happen without something bad happening. More shots for Cole and Joe tomorrow. Hope they are ready.

There is not one person here who would say he shouldn't have been bounced either today or tomorrow if the player was on the opposing team.
Dude, you need a reading comprehension course.

I said I don't think he would have been ejected. And therefore, I don't think a suspension makes sense given what I believe the punishment would have been in the game.

When did I say "shouldn't" in anything? My goodness.

What did you prove? I still can’t find where the ACC suspended Allen unless you’re talking someone else I don’t remember. The ACC never suspended Allen. The nba did. At least once and then another in summer league. Here’s what dakoch said after the nba suspension.

“I mean, let’s be honest,” Dakich said on the air after the first foul. “Duke defended him ad nauseam, enabled him, and now it continues. And, truthfully, it’s just exhausting.”
His coach suspended him - not the league.
At Duke, “indefinitely” apparently means “one game.”
Grayson Allen, the basketball team’s star guard, was suspended indefinitely after tripping an opponent who was driving to the basket in a game against Elon on Dec. 21. It was his third offense, after tripping players from Louisville and Florida State last season.
After the most recent trip, for which he received a technical foul, Allen threw a fit on the sideline, pounding his fist and shouting. Coach Mike Krzyzewski announced the suspension the next day, and Allen was later stripped of his team captaincy.
So, JAB - you're up!

Think you could make an argument for it being an excite fist pump

I also don’t necessarily think the FSU player “overreacted” he didn’t even go to the refs about it when it wasn’t called and FSU coach didn’t ask for it to be reviewed.

Buddy than talked to the kid after it.

I know ESPN is harping on it….but I think the ACC needs to use common sense here…

There is not one person here who would say he shouldn't have been bounced either today or tomorrow if the player was on the opposing team.
i agree

but what if more footage comes out of this player hitting buddy/dirty play prior to this incident?

my thought when it happened was it must be retaliation for something that happened

and that buddy was provoked into doing that

buddys been hacked all year with minimal calls imo...coudlve just finally snapped

What did you prove? I still can’t find where the ACC suspended Allen unless you’re talking someone else I don’t remember. The ACC never suspended Allen. The nba did. At least once and then another in summer league. Here’s what dakoch said after the nba suspension.

“I mean, let’s be honest,” Dakich said on the air after the first foul. “Duke defended him ad nauseam, enabled him, and now it continues. And, truthfully, it’s just exhausting.”
Because Duke suspended him first. I’ll try to find the article again.

100% correct. And I do expect him to be suspended. My beef is with the ACC and their uneven application of rules.
And what makes it more tough to take is that we are playing Duke. The knowledge that it would be play on if it was a Duke guy before playing us.

I said I don't think he would have been ejected. And therefore, I don't think a suspension makes sense given what I believe the punishment would have been in the game.
Yep..this would be the take I would have suggest we go with.

not pretending it didn’t happen, but Jb knows gaslighting works well so that’s what he goes with.

Well if Buddy gets suspended, we have zero chance of winning tomorrow. With Buddy, and with Symir playing with heart and conviction after the head bump, and Duke possibly relaxing too much after wiping the floor with us, I'd give us a 40% chance. I really like Symir running the point for most of the game and Joe at the 2. Too bad we waited till now to make that happen.

Yeah, I mean, if he gets suspended, it absolutely stinks for Buddy. I don't want him suspended for his last game.

But, don't punch someone. This is pretty easy. Again, doesn't make him a bad kid. He had a bad moment.

No doubt.

Though 99% of the Syracuse players who we've watched over the years have never had that kind of bad moment. On the bright side, being a little more like Pearl Washington and Derrick Coleman is definitely the kind of senior year development everyone would want out of the league's leading scorer.

He was playing up to get a call, which should have happened. Our guys do it every game.
If somebody punched me hard enough to make me have that much pain, I'm looking to give payback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom