Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Lol this play isn't even in the same stratosphere. That was the dirtiest play of all time that could have seriously injured the Duke player.

Also, Leonard Hamilton just said in his interview that there isn't a nicer player than Buddy in the league, and does not want to dwell on it. No way he gets suspended
The point is the rule book isn’t biased to Syracuse. flagrant 2s are subject to suspensions. This isnt the ACC being meanies

This was the dirtiest play in history

But Collins was actually called for the foul during the game, then suspended afterwards.

The fact that Buddy wasn't even called for a Flagrant 1 might work in our favor.

I don't know how the Fla St. player appeared hurt on that play. Buddy hit him with the heel of his hand with a wind up of about six inches. He didn't "throw a punch". Bumps, hits, shoves and grabs of shoulders and torso are a regular part of every competitive game of basketball. Play on!
He was acting. His goal was to get under Buddy's skin.

This is a wild thread.

Buddy threw a punch. He should be done for a game. I would expect and demand that the same happen if it happened to one of our guys.

Doesn't make him a terrible person, but this is straight forward.

Why does anyone care about Grayson Allen or other things that happened in the 80s and 90s? My god.

It stinks, but if he gets suspended, at least it will be against a team that would wreck us with or without him.

But Collins was actually called for the foul during the game, then suspended afterwards.

The fact that Buddy wasn't even called for a Flagrant 1 might work in our favor.
That's where I am. I don't know the process for something not called in-game.

This is a wild thread.

Buddy threw a punch. He should be done for a game. I would expect and demand that the same happen if it happened to one of our guys.

Why does anyone care about Grayson Allen or other things that happened in the 80s and 90s? My god.

It stinks, but if he gets suspended, at least it will be against a team that would wreck us with or without him.
This take is because you hate Jim Boeheim and want to take a shot at him.

Not because our player clearly threw a punch and could get punished for it.

It was a heat of the moment competitive reaction. If it’s an open hand and he pushes the guy to the floor it’s a common foul, maybe a flagrant 1. But he closed his fist and rabbit jabbed him.
Not condoning this because it is indefensible.

However, in reviewing, it was a quick one-off punch and he moved on. How much of this sort of stuff happens down low when jockeying for position? Maybe not out in the open like this, but I'm sure there are elbows and nut punches in most if not all games.

FSU kid knew why he did it, too. Because he came in and body checked him - which should have been a foul initially, IMO.

If it was reviewed, he is issued a Flagrant 1 - two shots and the ball for FSU. I don't think he's ejected for that play in the game, review or caught immediately. So how does a suspension make any sense?

That being said, he could be suspended. We'll see.

You literally suggested espn said Duke guys shouldn’t be suspended. It’s not true. I proved you wrong and you came back with “But what about other times!”
jay Williams doesn't work for espn? Newsflash, he does. And he said and I quote, embrace it. So, what about that? And I never said that espn said that Duke guys shouldn't be suspended. They just didn't advocate for them to be suspended. You found a time when Seth said he should be. I asked about the other times Allen hit people. Jay, who once again, works for espn, said embrace it.

Again, I realize as a Syracuse basketball fan you aren’t accustomed to seeing this, but I know you watch the nba and see this every night. Not a foul, and never a foul. If he hit him from behind, then that would be a foul.
Put it this way, Frank and Jesse have been called for far less this season alone.

Christian Laettner. It was a love tap in comparison to what I’ve seen Dukies do over the years, having said that , Syracuse out of tournament. Three years probation , loss of 10 scholarships.
Another hundred wins vacated and Boeheim has to stay 5 more years to get to a thousand.

This is a wild thread.

All true.

Also seems a fitting exclamation point on this season, sadly.

Not condoning this because it is indefensible.

However, in reviewing, it was a quick one-off punch and he moved on. How much of this sort of stuff happens down low when jockeying for position? Maybe not out in the open like this, but I'm sure there are elbows and nut punches in most if not all games.

FSU kid knew why he did it, too. Because he came in and body checked him - which should have been a foul initially, IMO.

If it was reviewed, he is issued a Flagrant 1 - two shots and the ball for FSU. I don't think he's ejected for that play in the game, review or caught immediately. So how does a suspension make any sense?

That being said, he could be suspended. We'll see.
Shouldn't get bounced for punching a guy. What?

Can they review that play after the game and make a decision regarding tomorrows game IF we advance?
Really having a hard time with this. Out of character, terrible timing, really hurts the team when he's suspended. It seems to be the venting of an entire years frustration by Jackson, most recently the Miami melt down. I have coached my 2 boys for years, all sports, so I am trying to think of how I would react as a father/coach. I would sit them, for sure for the rest of the game, I would publicly defend or deflect from this one incident, but I wouldn't fight a suspension either. This is going to do wonders for the Boeheim fatigue we are all suffering, and I didn't think it was possible to sour an already difficult year anymore. JB needs to learn to speak through a filter when he is suspended, just play the game coach. making this a personal crusade would be a really bad look.

Oh dear lord, it’s happened. I’m agreeing with couscous. It did seem a bit over the top at the time as well.
If Buddy get's suspended. it will come out some time that the whole thing was an act. Really low class, like the guy looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom