Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Buddy got slammed by the FSU player and was stunned. In his stunned state, he wheeled around his and his arm struck the FSU player's body. Inadvertent due to being stunned. No suspension.

"You can take that to the bank." - Baretta

What’s more curious to me is the concept that buddy is the difference between us winning and losing .. it’s the difference between losing by 20 and 40

For me anyway, I don't think it has a lot to do with win or loss tomorrow more how Buddy gets to finish his career. Terrible way for that kid to go out.

He had to apologize. He clearly did so in person. If there's any way of avoiding a suspension it's this -- player shows remorse. Didn't intend, etc.

But I still suspect he gets suspended.
oh i don't blame them for going the PR route or for Buddy doing what he did. They have to do that.

I think it all adds up to them knowing these things tend to not go in their direction.

By misrepresenting what he did?

Yeah, he gets it all right.
I’ve fallen many times.. never did I feel the most efficient way to get up and start my run back was by curling my fist into a ball and having my arm go into a punch like motion… but maybe that’s why I didn’t have the makings of a division 1 athlete ( like tony soprano )

I’ve fallen many times.. never did I feel the most efficient way to get up and start my run back was by curling my fist into a ball and having my arm go into a punch like motion… but maybe that’s why I didn’t have the makings of a division 1 athlete ( like tony soprano )
buddy didn't fall

This was one of the 3 dumbest things that have happened in post season play. The other 2 being the timeout against Arkansas and the Frank Howard suspension. Buddy threw a punch and has to be suspended. All three were extremely stupid and it's hard to defend any of them. All of them showed no basketball IQ, they are things that are unacceptable, especially upper classmen.

For me anyway, I don't think it has a lot to do with win or loss tomorrow more how Buddy gets to finish his career. Terrible way for that kid to go out.
If he doesn’t play due to suspension.. in the fog of history we can chalk up the loss to him being out … “man .. we had Duke but remember our two best players were out due to injury and suspension !”

This was one of the 3 dumbest things that have happened in post season play. The other 2 being the timeout against Arkansas and the Frank Howard suspension. Buddy threw a punch and has to be suspended. All three were extremely stupid and it's hard to defend any of them. All of them showed no basketball IQ, they are things that are unacceptable, especially upper classmen.
weve had some doozies. the one game Josh Wright didnt show up or something. Don’t remember the specifics

weve had some doozies. the one game Josh Wright didnt show up or something. Don’t remember the specifics
I remember this one game where some dude hit a shot to put their team up over us .. and we still had 4 seconds on the clock and didn’t call a TO.. I think it was in fact the last game of the entire CBB season

trying to hit a guy and trying to punch a guy does not mean the intention was the same.. he could have been swinging and trying to hit him in the arm and closed his fist and the guy moves and bad contact is made. thats not the same as hauling back and punching someone.

I don’t remember Izzo suspending himself for aggressively grabbing his own player and being physical with him.
Wasn’t a punch. Flagrant 1.

ftr, not agreeing with Izzo, just thought it was interesting to hear a hof coach‘s opinion on it.

This is March! Imagine the headlines when we beat K and Duke tomorrow without our first team all ACC player?

Is that the game where he and Dashawn Wright failed the drug test?

Oh, the Tech Coleman got for throwing a ball in the face of a Minn player. Changed the game.

Is that the game where he and Dashawn Wright failed the drug test?
Ah yeah! Dashawn Wright was involved too. I think the drug test came out after. I just remember he just wasn’t there and there was confusion the day of. I’m sure with social media that would have been out there more openly

..and Billy was listed too, but he was long gone by then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom