Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

3 Hours ago: Gut Punch: Buddy Boeheim Connects With Florida State Player's Chest

2 Hours ago: Buddy Boeheim strikes FSU player in ACC Tournament

1 hour ago: Buddy Boeheim appears to punch Florida State player in ACC Tournament

5 minutes ago: : Buddy Boeheim Murders Florida State Player – No Foul Called!

5 minutes from now:

BC upsets Wake.

"Why did the ACC vote for expansion again?"

Spit-balling: The apology was requested by the ACC and will allow Buddy to play tomorrow (and hopefully beyond). That said, what they should do is fine Buddy and tap into some of his NIL cash.
I think the bad PR necessitated the apology. Damage control.

The punch reminded me a little of the hit Private Joker takes from Gunny Hartman in FMJ. Nice little pop right in the solar plexus. Definitely can take the wind out of your sails for a minute.

The punch reminded me a little of the hit Private Joker takes from Gunny Hartman in FMJ. Nice little pop right in the solar plexus. Definitely can take the wind out of your sails for a minute.

We owe the ACC for one jelly donut.

flagrant one and twos belong in the game your in not the next game, because of 2 duke announcers.

I've been around boxing for many years. At 74 I still work the heavy bag. Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano had 6-inch knock-out punches. Their 6 inch punches to the solar plexus crippled in pain many opponents. Buddy's 6-inch weak punch, even though should not have been thrown, did not cripple that player. It was a belly-flop in acting.

He pushed off with his arm. That is a o foul 100% of the time.
Looked like guy went down in front of him first then arm went out. But, wilke’s shove was worse than buddy’s retaliation to me ;)

explain the difference of a rabbit punch and a kid boxing out who tosses an elbow or hits a guy in the back with forearm to clear space and that happens 20 times a game.
Intent.

The setup:
1646861986712.png

It was a heat of the moment reaction from Buddy and totally out of character. It’s really hard to figure out a player’s intent from a fast, bang-bang play like that. I don’t think he should be suspended. It’s actually kind of absurd that it’s getting all this traction.

I hope that the clearing of the air between the players after the game factors into any decision [if there is one] the conference makes.

And I'd also hope that Buddy's squeaky clean history also factors in. That play was very, very unusual for a happy go lucky kid like he is. Kind of at a loss to understand what prompted him to do that.

But I'd be surprised to see him get off scot free. Suspended for a half?
Fine him $10k and move on.

“Boeheim appears to strike Wilkes” is on ESPN’s bottomline. U kidding me?

When i saw it during the game, i thought: dirty body check by the FlaSt dude, and a Barkley-esque retaliation from Buddy, which i didn't hate him for, but thought it should have been called a flagrant 2 during the game. Because they missed it, we're going to pay for it tomorrow. If they had caught it during the game, he probably gets ejected, and we win by 20.

I'm surprised it wasn't reviewed/found during a review, as the kid did go down and it was pretty obvious. I wonder if the FlaSt kid didn't make a bigger deal of it, because he knew he deserved it...

Seems to have been totally out of character from Buddy, but we don't know. Maybe he's got a closet full of Barbie heads, because "Sometimes i get mad."

It chafes me, though, that JAB said it was "inadvertent." Did he walk that back yet? That's bad. Stupid. It's like, JAB: "Who you gonna believe? Me, or your own lyin' eyes?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom