Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

first, who cares what they say on espn? They employ Jay Williams who said embrace it when Allen was pulling his crap. I don't remember Seth insisting that Allen should be suspended.
He flipped out about Oshae Brissett throwing an elbow IIRC.

Not doing his son any favors.

He's a kid that's never done anything wrong, had a moment of frustration, wishes he reacted differently.

That might be the best way out of this.

Denying what everyone can see with their own eyes...isn't.

I don’t think the ACC factors character into their decision. They’ll look at the video and make the decision based on what happened on the floor. I don’t believe it even matters whether there was contact that may have “provoked” it.

Guys can’t throw punches.

If, on review, they believe he threw a punch he’ll be suspended. If the other guys provoking contact was over the top, they can review it also and penalize him if it violated rules, but it doesn’t get Buddy off the hook for responding with a hook.

How many people here have been pout in the situation that Jb is now in? I have. A kid I coached in legion
did something as dumb as Buddy just did. he got a game, could have been more, and I stood by him and defended him to the powers that be, It's just what you do. Now, I handled my punishment with him as well.
Either delete that last sentence or explain the punishment because the way you said it just sounds weird.

And you’re not wrong about defending your player. Just don’t be absolute about something we all saw clearly

I don't know how the Fla St. player appeared hurt on that play. Buddy hit him with the heel of his hand with a wind up of about six inches. He didn't "throw a punch". Bumps, hits, shoves and grabs of shoulders and torso are a regular part of every competitive game of basketball. Play on!
Buddy ‘Lee’ has worked on that punch for years to achieve maximum force with minimal movement. He broke 4 of that kids ribs

Either delete that last sentence or explain the punishment because the way you said it just sounds weird.

And you’re not wrong about defending your player. Just don’t be absolute about something we all saw clearly
The punishment was that I made him go to other games and give me a scouting report. that okay with you?

Buddy obviously wrong, but that should have been a foul on Wilkes. That was no ordinary box out
Stop. If our guys ever actually boxed out, you’d never say that if our guy was the one boxing out tough

Lol this play isn't even in the same stratosphere. That was the dirtiest play of all time that could have seriously injured the Duke player.

Also, Leonard Hamilton just said in his interview that there isn't a nicer player than Buddy in the league, and does not want to dwell on it. No way he gets suspended

Stop. If our guys ever actually boxed out, you’d never say that if our guy was the one boxing out tough
That was a foul. If we are going by the book on the punch, we go by the book on the shoulder.

Class from Leonard Hamilton

at the end of the day, the FSU player lowers his shoulder in a way that he knows he'll get away with...intiating contact...look how far buddy gets knocked off his position...

it wasnt 100% unprovoked here and we dont know what else happened prior

Buddy the Brawler removed from all-acc team and 100 pts docked from his point total. Should have played at Slytherin.

Everything comes full circle, folks. Frank Howard suspended paved the way for a Buddy 39' burger. Now we get the chance for Symir and Joe to send it to 80' total between them.
Was Frank suspended for that maybe trip of Zion or wasnt it for a failed drug test before the NCAA?

You guys are flailing at the air now.

just stop take a breath and stop blaming Duke.

hopefully we get a break, but if he is suspended, it’s well within the rules
And di I say anything different than that? No. I didn't. Christ. Duke is brought up because we are talking about a double standard that shouldn't exist. What happens with Buddy, happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom