Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Loved what I saw out of Tyrod Taylor yesterday. It's like Michael Vick came up to Buffalo and reminded everyone that Taylor is not a pure pocket passer.

We need to utilize his running ability every game like we did yesterday. (Just get down! No need for the hit he took that knocked out a contact lens near the goal line). We win that Cinci game if Taylor actually used his feet once in a while.

The passing game seemed much more unpredictable. How can you evaluate a QB when he throws on only throwing downs?

Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry. We have meh WRs but even worse, there's no chemistry due to Watkins being traded right before the season started. Look what happens when Taylor gets comfortable with players - Charles Clay was tearing it up before injury, Matthews was getting better and better. Now we bring back Deonte Thompson and boom, 106 yards.

Taiwan Jones would've had a TD if he kept running through his route. Instead he cut it short and had to speed up again. These guys have to get comfortable with each other.

I really want to see the passing game expanded more and more with our Tight Ends, Matthews and Thompson being the focus. I know we're a running team but don't we want to know if Taylor can be "the guy"? (We can run the ball without it being overkill. Pretty much every Tolbert run can be a throw as I'm concerned.) He shows glimpses. We could build a pretty nice team real quick if those six pick in the first three rounds don't need to be used on a QB.

Also, these QBs don't exactly look like guys I want to be massively trading up for anyway.

Loved what I saw out of Tyrod Taylor yesterday. It's like Michael Vick came up to Buffalo and reminded everyone that Taylor is not a pure pocket passer.

We need to utilize his running ability every game like we did yesterday. (Just get down! No need for the hit he took that knocked out a contact lens near the goal line). We win that Cinci game if Taylor actually used his feet once in a while.

The passing game seemed much more unpredictable. How can you evaluate a QB when he throws on only throwing downs?

Chemistry Chemistry Chemistry. We have meh WRs but even worse, there's no chemistry due to Watkins being traded right before the season started. Look what happens when Taylor gets comfortable with players - Charles Clay was tearing it up before injury, Matthews was getting better and better. Now we bring back Deonte Thompson and boom, 106 yards.

Taiwan Jones would've had a TD if he kept running through his route. Instead he cut it short and had to speed up again. These guys have to get comfortable with each other.

I really want to see the passing game expanded more and more with our Tight Ends, Matthews and Thompson being the focus. I know we're a running team but don't we want to know if Taylor can be "the guy"? (We can run the ball without it being overkill. Pretty much every Tolbert run can be a throw as I'm concerned.) He shows glimpses. We could build a pretty nice team real quick if those six pick in the first three rounds don't need to be used on a QB.

Also, these QBs don't exactly look like guys I want to be massively trading up for anyway.

We could do a HELL of a lot and I mean a HELL of a lot worse than Tyrod. He's the guy for this year and if he plays like he did yesterday and gets a couple more weapons, he should be just fine for the forseeable future. Biggest disappointment has been Zay Jones.

Buffalo just traded Marcell Dareus to the Jacksonville Jaguars

Better have gotten at least a second.
a 6th that can go to a 5th is what they got in return. Reports are they only made the trade to open up cap space for the offseason.

I guess being 1 game out of first place heading into November behind a Pats team that has just lost its best player on defense and is struggling (by their standards) doesn't interest the Bills. Like they have a chance to win the AFC East this year but they are worried about cap space come March. Odd move.

a 6th that can go to a 5th is what they got in return. Reports are they only made the trade to open up cap space for the offseason.

I guess being 1 game out of first place heading into November behind a Pats team that has just lost its best player on defense and is struggling (by their standards) doesn't interest the Bills. Like they have a chance to win the AFC East this year but they are worried about cap space come March. Odd move.

Dareus has barely played this Year, hes playing 30% of the D snaps.

Dareus has barely played this Year, hes playing 30% of the D snaps.
Still, makes no sense when you are trying to get to the playoffs. They don't pass out rings for teams with the most cap space.

Still, makes no sense when you are trying to get to the playoffs. They don't pass out rings for teams with the most cap space.

I dont have a problem with the trade itself just wanted more then a 5th round pick. It was clear Buffalo had enough anf was ready to move on. They need to go and get John Brown or TY Hilton now.

I dont have a problem with the trade itself just wanted more then a 5th round pick. It was clear Buffalo had enough anf was ready to move on. They need to go and get John Brown or TY Hilton now.

Seems to me the bigger issue is how the trade was structured relative to salary cap moving forward.

Seems to me the bigger issue is how the trade was structured relative to salary cap moving forward.

They're gonna take a hit nwxt year but after that it goes way down i believe.

They're gonna take a hit nwxt year but after that it goes way down i believe.

Per ESPN - The Bills will save $5.73 million off their 2017 salary cap and $2.375 million off their 2018 salary cap. They also shed the 2019 through 2021 years of Dareus' deal at cap numbers of $16.985 million, $16 million and $14.65 million.

Fine with it.

"Hoping" Dareus starts caring about his team and career is not a strategy.

Only way to get free of his ridiculously bad contract and get some additional cap space this year and next was via trade.

Dude was barely playing anyway.

Per ESPN - The Bills will save $5.73 million off their 2017 salary cap and $2.375 million off their 2018 salary cap. They also shed the 2019 through 2021 years of Dareus' deal at cap numbers of $16.985 million, $16 million and $14.65 million.
Is there any benefit of $5M in cap $ this year? I assume you can't carry over to next year. Glad to be rid of this guy.

It was obvious Beane and Coach wanted him gone.

So much potential for Dareus. Hoping he gets his head out of the sand and can turn it around in Jacksonville. I have my doubts.

So wait, I shouldn't wear my Dareus jersey to the Ralph on Sunday? ;)

Like the move. Bottom line is he had become an outrageously expensive rotational player. Which is a shame because that guy has enough talent to be a Top-5 tackle in the league. Hopefully he figures it out and realizes his potential.

For the Bills to get anything back is good- assuming that his departure doesn't fracture the locker room (which I assume won't happen). Personally I would use the roster slot to go after another WR in a similar situation- contract year, good production that you could get for a 5th or a 6th.

I wonder if Cordy Glen is on the trade block as well?

The draft and free agency is going to be insane.

So wait, I shouldn't wear my Dareus jersey to the Ralph on Sunday? ;)

Like the move. Bottom line is he had become an outrageously expensive rotational player. Which is a shame because that guy has enough talent to be a Top-5 tackle in the league. Hopefully he figures it out and realizes his potential.

For the Bills to get anything back is good- assuming that his departure doesn't fracture the locker room (which I assume won't happen). Personally I would use the roster slot to go after another WR in a similar situation- contract year, good production that you could get for a 5th or a 6th.

I wonder if Cordy Glen is on the trade block as well?
I read Seattle wants Cordy Glenn and the sides are haggling over compensation.

I read Seattle wants Cordy Glenn and the sides are haggling over compensation.

Trading Glenn would be a deal breaker fornme barring a 1st rd pick in return. You dont trade franchise left tackles, period.