Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

Bills don't seem interested in Jackson. My gut says Beane trades up to 4 or 6 and takes Rosen or Darnold. Just hope they don't trade next years 1st also. I'm trusting the process and have confidence in the brain trust.

He has no agent. No idea if they have met with him though think they have said they've met with all the QBs.

This is where I got the idea that the Bills never met with Jackson:

Going to be a fun night, prepared for anything. I am still a guy that would rather have Jackson over any of these other Qb's. Just my opinion. I want one of the big 5 though and I would be shocked if the Bills don't get 1 of them. I like Rosen and think he will do very well in Buffalo, think he gets a very bad rap in many areas. Helath obviously is a concern but he's a pretty polished guy

Tough night for Allen, not a good look by any means, there are definitely a few teams reconsidering right now as who wants to deal with this on the night they draft a QB of the future, like I said going to be a very interesting night

Last edited:
If Baker is really going to go #1 then I think this is the only situation in which I'm ok with giving up both 1sts and next years. To get to #2 for Darnold will cost a ton but I'd rather give that up then give up 80% of that value and end up with Allen.

If Mayfield goes 1, the second the Giants go on clock we will all be sweating bullets.

If they take Darnold, then Jets prob take Rosen and we’re getting Josh Allen or plan C.

If they take Barkley, Jets take Darnold and we move up for Rosen.

This also allows the Giants to threaten drafting Darnold even if they have no intentions to see what we’ll give up for #2. Will be interesting to see how that Gettleman/Beane relationship plays out should this occur. I’d call the bluff because the Giants rolling with Eli is “win-now mode” and Barkley is the ultimate “win-now” player.

If Mayfield goes 1, the second the Giants go on clock we will all be sweating bullets.

If they take Darnold, then Jets prob take Rosen and we’re getting Josh Allen or plan C.

If they take Barkley, Jets take Darnold and we move up for Rosen.

This also allows the Giants to threaten drafting Darnold even if they have no intentions to see what we’ll give up for #2. Will be interesting to see how that Gettleman/Beane relationship plays out should this occur. I’d call the bluff because the Giants rolling with Eli is “win-now mode” and Barkley is the ultimate “win-now” player.

If you believe the word on the street that the Giants like Darnold a lot but assumed he wouldn't be there then they will be in a huge conundrum if Mayfield goes on 1. Like you i think Buffalo should call their bluff versus giving up god knows how many picks to jump 10 spots. Probably at least 5. Both 1's this year, next years 1, this years 2 and probably this years 3 as well if not more. NO thanks. The first three picks will be fascinating tonight.

Looking through some mocks and all these analysts have us drafting a safety in the first if we don’t go QB (Meaning Rudolph in the 2nd)

What am I missing? Why do we so desperately need a Safety. We have one of the top Safety duos in the NFL in Hyde/Poyer and just signed solid depth in Bush.

I would have already wiretapped several war rooms. Part of the Process.

If you believe the word on the street that the Giants like Darnold a lot but assumed he wouldn't be there then they will be in a huge conundrum if Mayfield goes on 1. Like you i think Buffalo should call their bluff versus giving up god knows how many picks to jump 10 spots. Probably at least 5. Both 1's this year, next years 1, this years 2 and probably this years 3 as well if not more. NO thanks. The first three picks will be fascinating tonight.

Agreed, what would be shocking if the Bills call BS and wind up taking Jackson at 12 after there has been no reported interest which would mean the Bills were throwing shade the entire time. I would be really really surprised if the Bills do in fact draft Jackson but who knows. Allen to me is a huge risk but who really knows who will wind up the best QB of the class, for all we know it could be someone taken later. The logistics and price paid for drafting later than 2 even say 5 or 6 is rather alarming.

Seems like Mayfield at 1 has real legs though which isn't great for the Bills but will be fun to watch play out- FINALLY!

There's no way the Browns are taking Mayfield.
I can't believe the Giants would be so stupid to take a RB when options B and C are QB or collect a zillion picks. But maybe they are. If so then great.
I want to like Allen just to be different but man, it's hard to find reasons to.
This is the first time I think I've ever woke up on draft day thinking about it non-stop.

I don’t mind giving up next years 1 due to how much cap space we’ll have, but that’s just so much and I agree, the Giants would demand that.

I guess I wouldn’t be upset if we gave up 2 1’s, next years 1, a second and our late 3rd, if it meant we came out of the first 3 rounds with QB Darnold/Rosen, WR Miller and C Ragnow.

Looking through some mocks and all these analysts have us drafting a safety in the first if we don’t go QB (Meaning Rudolph in the 2nd)

What am I missing? Why do we so desperately need a Safety. We have one of the top Safety duos in the NFL in Hyde/Poyer and just signed solid depth in Bush.

Nothing. It's literally the only position we don't need.
I do think Rudolph is an interesting wild card. Meaning if they like him it opens up their options. If they don't, it's sorta panic time to move if the Browns take Darnold.

There's no way the Browns are taking Mayfield.
I can't believe the Giants would be so stupid to take a RB when options B and C are QB or collect a zillion picks. But maybe they are. If so then great.
I want to like Allen just to be different but man, it's hard to find reasons to.
This is the first time I think I've ever woke up on draft day thinking about it non-stop.

Agreed, not overly excited about the prospect of drafting Allen, not saying he can't be a good NFL QB because nobody really knows but I am just not in the Allen camp

Is this one of the most anticipated drafts of the last decade? Cannot recall one with so much lack of clarity up top.

Personally speaking- ABSOLUTELY. I usually just watch when the Bills pick and say, OK sounds good and move on. Not tonight I will be dialed in from pick 1
Gonna be a wild ride. Beane became Hinkie with The Process on steroids and still somehow we went to the Playoffs. The Draft this year will be wild and come next year, FA will be insane.

What will blood pressures be if Goodell walks up with the 2nd selection and says - we have a trade?

Last edited:
I don’t mind giving up next years 1 due to how much cap space we’ll have, but that’s just so much and I agree, the Giants would demand that.

I guess I wouldn’t be upset if we gave up 2 1’s, next years 1, a second and our late 3rd, if it meant we came out of the first 3 rounds with QB Darnold/Rosen, WR Miller and C Ragnow.

I wouldn't mind trading up to say pick 6 and giving up our 2 #1s and say a 2 to get there and probably a 4th or something. Unless they believe one of these guys is a can't miss I would find it very difficult to give up next years #1 as that unfortunately could be a top 5 picks with our schedule. I dont know what the value would be to get to 6 but again I would be open to that because I think it would cost a hell of a lot less then trying to get to 2 or even 4. If Buffalo does do something like this I hope we look at maybe trading back a little bit and pick up some additional picks this year or next year. That opening 3rd pick or our first second rd pick (assuming we still have it) could return a nice little haul.

I wouldn't mind trading up to say pick 6 and giving up our 2 #1s and say a 2 to get there and probably a 4th or something. Unless they believe one of these guys is a can't miss I would find it very difficult to give up next years #1 as that unfortunately could be a top 5 picks with our schedule. I dont know what the value would be to get to 6 but again I would be open to that because I think it would cost a hell of a lot less then trying to get to 2 or even 4. If Buffalo does do something like this I hope we look at maybe trading back a little bit and pick up some additional picks this year or next year. That opening 3rd pick or our first second rd pick (assuming we still have it) could return a nice little haul.
Yea, I could see not wanting to trade next years 1st if you believe we will be drafting in the Top 5-10 range. I just don’t see it. We always think this and we always seemingly fall in the 7-9 to 9-7 range a bounce away from being 6-10 or 10-6. I can’t see a Kyle Williams/LeSean McCoy led team drafting top 5. Our defense alone should keep us in every game.

Agreed, what would be shocking if the Bills call BS and wind up taking Jackson at 12 after there has been no reported interest which would mean the Bills were throwing shade the entire time. I would be really really surprised if the Bills do in fact draft Jackson but who knows. Allen to me is a huge risk but who really knows who will wind up the best QB of the class, for all we know it could be someone taken later. The logistics and price paid for drafting later than 2 even say 5 or 6 is rather alarming.

Seems like Mayfield at 1 has real legs though which isn't great for the Bills but will be fun to watch play out- FINALLY!

It sounds like Buffalo might wait and see how the first 3 picks go and then re-assess. All three teams at 4-6 are open to trading back so if we wanted to we could jump in there but again at what cost. I think Mayfield at 1 would be great for buffalo because now the Giants don't know what to do and could cause a lot of chaos which I think benefits Buffalo if were looking to trade up or have a guy fall. With Jackson I could definitely see the Bills using a smoke screen and drafting him or maybe even jumping up a few spots to secure him if the Pats or Cards or someone else gets froggy. I am on the fence on Allen but if he falls and the price is reasonable I wouldn't have a problem, if the Bills gave up a kings ransom to get to 2 for him then I would be livid.

The price has gone up if Mayfield goes #1.

Giants want all your 1s & 2s for this and next year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom