Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

I'm ok with this scenario. Tyrod is and always will be a game manager and might not be a bad thing for him to help develop Lamar.

I'm still intrigued by the idea of getting Bridgwater from the Vikes.
Spot on represents my thinking.

I hope they'll make an offer to Gaines but this puts them in a position to not overpay an oft-injured, yet talented CB.

White/Davis & Hyde/Poyer is a great starting secondary to have locked in before FA and the Draft.

I will say this about McDermott/ Beane. They are being extremely quiet about any plans they have regarding FA plans and QB. Nothing would surprise me with these guys

For the first time in a long time, I like what we are building here. there were some moves last year I originally was surprised by, but it seems a plan is in place.

I hope they'll make an offer to Gaines but this puts them in a position to not overpay an oft-injured, yet talented CB.

White/Davis & Hyde/Poyer is a great starting secondary to have locked in before FA and the Draft.

Absolutely need to keep Hyde and Poyer together.

Fantastic signings that don't affect comp picks.

Vontae Davis keeps our secondary strong if Gaines walks and Ivory is a major upgrade over Tolbert as a change of pace back for McCoy.

Sounds like Cadet could be the #3, assuming he's on track to be healthy. I'm ok with McCoy/Ivory/Cadet.

Also wouldn't hate using a mid-round pick on a RB.

Last edited:
Fantastic signings that don't affect comp picks.

Vontae Davis keeps our secondary strong if Gaines walks and Ivory is a major upgrade over Tolbert as a change of pace back for McCoy.

Sounds like Cadet could be the #3, assuming he's on track to be healthy. I'm ok with McCoy/Ivory/Cadet.

Also wouldn't hate using a mid-round pick on a RB.

These signings are great “just in case” pick ups. They help fill some roster holes just in case we give away the cupboard full of goodies to trade up for a qb.

If we don’t, then we have more flexibility in the draft and a deeper roster. And like ya said, all while not effecting compensatory picks.

These signings are great “just in case” pick ups. They help fill some roster holes just in case we give away the cupboard full of goodies to trade up for a qb.

If we don’t, then we have more flexibility in the draft and a deeper roster. And like ya said, all while not effecting compensatory picks.
Some AFC team offered a 2nd for Foles. I wouldn't be surprised if that was us. Eagles seem to be milking this and want to start the bidding at a 1st plus picks.

Seems pretty clear we're not going after Cousins so I'm assuming we either get Foles, go after Keenum, trade up for a QB or stand pat and go into the season with Tyrod and Lamar Jackson.

Last edited:
Some AFC team offered a 2nd for Foles. I wouldn't be surprised if that was us. Eagles seem to be milking this and want to start the bidding at a 1st plus picks.

Seems pretty clear we're not going after Cousins so I'm assuming we either get Foles, trade up for a QB or stand pat and go into the season with Tyrod and Lamar Jackson.

I think it probably is us.

I wouldn’t mind:

QB1 Foles
QB2 Jackson
Plus our other 1st and 2nd.

In fact I’d probably be ecstatic. I just think it’s going to be hard for Philly to trade Foles this early in Wentz’s recovery.

Seems pretty clear we're not going after Cousins so I'm assuming we either get Foles, go after Keenum, trade up for a QB or stand pat and go into the season with Tyrod and Lamar Jackson.

Buffalo should stick with the 2nd round pick offer, a 1st for Foles would be a big mistake.

Buffalo should stick with the 2nd round pick offer, a 1st for Foles would be a big mistake.

Sounds like the Eagles want a 1st and 4th for Foles from what I read. I would be very happy with Foles and Jackson. Foles has obviously proven he can be very successful in the right system and that Jeff Fisher is a QB killer.

Sounds like Wentz's knee injury will be a rather lengthy process and I am sure they realize they may need to play Foles first few games next year. I really don't want the Bills to sell the farm to move up to the first 5 picks

I think it probably is us.

I wouldn’t mind:

QB1 Foles
QB2 Jackson
Plus our other 1st and 2nd.

In fact I’d probably be ecstatic. I just think it’s going to be hard for Philly to trade Foles this early in Wentz’s recovery.

Agreed on Wentz, I don't think Eagles will want to rush him back but the time to get something for Foles is NOW before he becomes a UFA. That said, I would love for them to get Jackson with say the 21 pick and bring him along slowly

Sounds like the Eagles want a 1st and 4th for Foles from what I read. I would be very happy with Foles and Jackson. Foles has obviously proven he can be very successful in the right system and that Jeff Fisher is a QB killer.

Sounds like Wentz's knee injury will be a rather lengthy process and I am sure they realize they may need to play Foles first few games next year. I really don't want the Bills to sell the farm to move up to the first 5 picks

I would be happy with Foles and Jackson as well but I can't see giving up a 1st and fourth for Foles that seems like a lot despite the nice playoff run. Eagles are in the cat bird seat and they may get whoever loses out in the Cousins sweepstakes may get desperate and agree on the one. I think Buffalo has to review the draft and see if a trade up makes sense. Trying to jump up to the top 5 would be enormous so I think that has to be out. But 10-15, might be a little more reasonable depending on who is available.

What about Teddy B? Was always a fan pre-injury.

Signed 2 year deal.

I'm not a fan of this one. Seems like an unnecessary use of cap space in a year in which there's a million decent RB options out there, especially when McCoy is already the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. Probably could have signed a better running back at a cheaper price if they just waited a little while.

I would be happy with Foles and Jackson as well but I can't see giving up a 1st and fourth for Foles that seems like a lot despite the nice playoff run. Eagles are in the cat bird seat and they may get whoever loses out in the Cousins sweepstakes may get desperate and agree on the one. I think Buffalo has to review the draft and see if a trade up makes sense. Trying to jump up to the top 5 would be enormous so I think that has to be out. But 10-15, might be a little more reasonable depending on who is available.
The only thing I think of re: a 1 & 4 is it will take both 1's, our 1 next year and some later picks to move up to get Rosen or Darnold. Pretty close to that haul for Mayfield.

I wouldn't hate them going all in on the QB position and trading a 1 &4 for Foles, then using 21 for Lamar Jackson. Still gives us 2-2's and a 3rd to draft 3 possible starters for the Front 7 and we go into the season with Nick Foles as the starter and Lamar Jackson being brought along as his successor.

We could even mortgage a pick next year to get back into this years Top 3 rounds since we don't have a ton of cap space this offseason, but will have $$$ to throw around next offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom