Buffalo Bills 2018 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2018

I'm not a fan of this one. Seems like an unnecessary use of cap space in a year in which there's a million decent RB options out there, especially when McCoy is already the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. Probably could have signed a better running back at a cheaper price if they just waited a little while.
They clearly wanted a specific type of RB. Chris Ivory fits the mold of what they've been very transparent about wanting.

RB is one position I don't mind having (productive) older players at given when we truly need a RB next year or the year after, we can just draft one or two. You don't have to worry about bringing them along like other positions.

They clearly wanted a specific type of RB. Chris Ivory fits the mold of what they've been very transparent about wanting.

RB is one position I don't mind having (productive) older players at given when we truly need a RB next year or the year after, we can just draft one or two. You don't have to worry about bringing them along like other positions.

Sure, but even RBs of Ivory's mold are a dime a dozen. Hell, LeGarrette Blount signed for a 1/3 of the price last year and he's just a way better version of Ivory.

He signed a 2 yr. 5 mil. deal that's not expensive at all.

He signed a 2 yr. 5 mil. deal that's not expensive at all.

His cap hit will place him around the top 20-25 in the league. He'll likely be the highest paid backup in the NFL and he was literally one of the worst RBs in the league these past two years. Buffalo likely could have signed a starting RB at a cheaper price and could have drafted a better backup at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price.

His cap hit will place him around the top 20-25 in the league. He'll likely be the highest paid backup in the NFL and he was literally one of the worst RBs in the league these past two years. Buffalo likely could have signed a starting RB at a cheaper price and could have drafted a better backup at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price.
Beane loves his comp picks and Ivory doesn't factor into the comp pick formula. Same with Vontae Davis.

Also, look at Fournettes numbers.. Maybe it's more about the Jax line/playcalling than RBs.

In the end, I think they wanted a specific type of back and didn't want to mess with what should be high comp picks if we let Gaines and Brown walk.

Beane loves his comp picks and Ivory doesn't factor into the comp pick formula. Same with Vontae Davis.

Also, look at Fournettes numbers.. Maybe it's more about the Jax line/playcalling than RBs.

In the end, I think they wanted a specific type of back and didn't want to mess with what should be high comp picks if we let Gaines and Brown walk.

Nah, Fournette was still rated as one of the top 20 or so RBs in the league by PFF and DVOA. Ivory was on par with Tolbert according to both of them.

Nah, Fournette was still rated as one of the top 20 or so RBs in the league by PFF and DVOA. Ivory was on par with Tolbert according to both of them.
YPC is where I was going and Fournette was 3.9 with Ivory at 3.6 YPC his two seasons in Jax.

Taylor now has gordon and Landry and coleman

Impressive

Is this a good deal for bills?

Bills should offer 21, 22, 55, 65 and Cordy Glenn to New York for the 2nd pick.
Get your QB there.
Giants would get an OL and picks.

So what's this deal from the Browns' perspective?

Get your QB there.
No thank you.

It’s a nice start though.

Cleveland really shoukd take Barkley #1 now.

Giants should jump back, so should the colts, unless Luck is done.

The jets at 6 causes a lot of problems, not sure Blue will deal with Green.

Get your QB there.

No way, thats a kings ransom. Id rather go get Foles now then give up that much for an unknown qb

No thank you.

It’s a nice start though.

Cleveland really shoukd take Barkley #1 now.

Giants should jump back, so should the colts, unless Luck is done.

The jets at 6 causes a lot of problems, not sure Blue will deal with Green.

Giants would be all iver that deal if Buffalo offered it. Luckily our owner and GM now have a clue and wouldnt be that dumb

Giants would be all iver that deal if Buffalo offered it. Luckily our owner and GM now have a clue and wouldnt be that dumb
Nope.

Giants aren't moving all the way back to 20s...2x, for a banged up OL and a late 2 & 3.

They can move to the 20s by moving 34 and next years 3rd or 4th...and still have #2.

Or even better still in the top 10 with a 1 next year and another 2 or 3 this year which could be shipped.

Buffalo would make the trade I proposed.
It would get them up to 2 and they would get their QB of the next decade.
The Giants would just be getting value.
They would probably want another 2nd rounder as well.

To move up 2 would cost a lot.
21, 22, 55, 65 and starting LT would be good. Bills do it in a minute.
Giants probably want another pick.

Nope.

Giants aren't moving all the way back to 20s...2x, for a banged up OL and a late 2 & 3.

They can move to the 20s by moving 34 and next years 3rd or 4th...and still have #2.

Or even better still in the top 10 with a 1 next year and another 2 or 3 this year which could be shipped.

If the Browns take Barkley or do something stupid most other top 10 teams will just sit tight knowing the qbs will fall no matter what the Giants do. No one is pulling a Chicago after last years trade was so ridiculed.

Buffalo would make the trade I proposed.
It would get them up to 2 and they would get their QB of the next decade.
The Giants would just be getting value.
They would probably want another 2nd rounder as well.

To move up 2 would cost a lot.
21, 22, 55, 65 and starting LT would be good. Bills do it in a minute.
Giants probably want another pick.

I don't see it, Buffalos not giving up that much. They can ger Foles for a quarter of that package or whichever QB drops toward the end of the top 10 or beyond for half of that. I would be shocked if they made that trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom